favourite second team in the PL

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: favourite second team in the PL

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:12 am

Can I choose the EDS?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:56 am

Only City. No other team matters
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 am

I always liked Newcastle but after a visit there a few years ago, every taxi driver I had were saying they can't wait for city and their plastic fans to fail, all glory hunters, how we had shit crowds until sheikhybaby turned up. I found that incredible and have wished the worst of them since.

Now I just look out for any teams from greater Manchester area like Burnley/Bolton/Wigan. As we ain't got those anymore, I look out for Leicester. Everyone else can fuck off.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:59 pm

Always had a soft spot for West Ham, ever since the 1960s.

Amusingly, to a then juvenile idiot like me, they had a team where a lot of the players had surnames beginning with 'B' - i.e. Bond, Bovington, Brabrook, Boyce, Brown, Burkett, Byrne .........and, of course, Bobby Moore.

Apart from that, they played some lovely football at that time, which has always stayed in my memory.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Aggressive Walkling » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:49 am

Blackburn when they were up. No particular favourite now. Like many others, I do philosophically side a bit with West ham due to the general odiousness of their nearby rivals.

Blue dippers don't bother me at all anymore. Was different way back when, but they have grown on me over the years. Would love to see them start to eclipse their verminous cult of a neighbour over there in Scouseland.
Aggressive Walkling
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Super Kevin Horlock

Postby halnone » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Fulham probably

I've never been to craven cottage, but they seem to have great fans. Hopefully they can find their way back to the PL.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:26 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:My favourite 2nd team in the PL is whichever team that takes points off of any of City's top rivals for the #1 spot and the Premier League title!! So, I always have a soft spot for any of the bogey teams that consistently take points off of our main rivals!

Walmai, you may be unenthusiastic about the Europa League, but playing pre-season matches that actually count towards West Ham's club ranking are certainly more helpful for West Ham, than playing friendlies.

I wiuld have always subscribed to that view, but teams who play in the early rounds of these comps, seem to run out of steam in the league quite soon. It's a strange thingy.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:15 am

I quite like Norwich, hammers and blackburn but as long as City win I'm happy.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Walmai, you may be unenthusiastic about the Europa League, but playing pre-season matches that actually count towards West Ham's club ranking are certainly more helpful for West Ham, than playing friendlies.

I would have always subscribed to that view, but teams who play in the early rounds of these comps, seem to run out of steam in the league quite soon. It's a strange thingy.

Piccsnumberoneblue:
Yes, I agree with you, in this specific case of West Ham's participation in the Europa League. Having 3 players sent off with red cards in 5 matches, is not good preparation for anything, except biased calls from the ref! Also, Enner Valencia injuring his knee & ankle, will not help West Ham for the Premier League.

Southampton has had much better luck in the Europa League, than West Ham, so far. All Europa participants should be ready for the debut of the PL season. However, it remains to be seen if competing in both challenges has a negative or positive long-term impact, on each PL team.

For the same reasons, many City fans have mixed feelings about how City's competing in the Champions League, impacts City's PL season.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:24 pm

I always have a soft spot for sides that have ex City players. Last season it was QPR. This season it will be Villa because Micah is there and probably also Joleon.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:51 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:I always have a soft spot for sides that have ex City players. Last season it was QPR. This season it will be Villa because Micah is there and probably also Joleon.

Dubaimancityfan:
Like you, I also keep an eye on ex-City players... I may have to draw the line at hoping that James Milner is very successful at Liverpool, though!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:54 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:I always have a soft spot for sides that have ex City players. Last season it was QPR. This season it will be Villa because Micah is there and probably also Joleon.

Dubaimancityfan:
Like you, I also keep an eye on ex-City players... I may have to draw the line at hoping that James Milner is very successful at Liverpool, though!

Fingers crossed he follows in QPRs footsteps and gets relegated
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Dubaimancityfan: Like you, I also keep an eye on ex-City players... I may have to draw the line at hoping that James Milner is very successful at Liverpool, though!

Nottsblue:
Yes, relegation would be such a perfect solution!
Last edited by WhyAlwaysMe? on Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:52 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Dubaimancityfan: Like you, I also keep an eye on ex-City players... I may have to draw the line at hoping that James Milner is very successful at Liverpool, though!

Nottsblue:
Yes, relegation would be such a perfect solution! However, if the Dippers are too successsful, we will just have to send zombie versions of Mario Balotelli, Kolo Toure & James Milner to eat Liverpool FC, with some fava beans & a nice chianti!

I don't know what the fuck this post is meant to be.

It's complete shit whatever it is, zombies and a silence reference? Fucking puns and you decided to pollute the board with that shit house colour as well? Lucky they don't let me ban people around here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Nottsblue:
Yes, relegation would be such a perfect solution! However, if the Dippers are too successsful, we will just have to send zombie versions of Mario Balotelli, Kolo Toure & James Milner to eat Liverpool FC, with some fava beans & a nice chianti!

I don't know what the fuck this post is meant to be.

It's complete shit whatever it is, zombies and a silence reference? Fucking puns and you decided to pollute the board with that shit house colour as well? Lucky they don't let me ban people around here.

Slim, I'm very sorry that you found my silly comment so offensive and I have now edited it, to meet your approval.

You obviously missed the recent Wilfried Bony thread, where everyone was making references to the TV shows, "Hannibal" and "The Walking Dead"... Here's a link to that thread, if you're interested in seeing my point of reference:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=49497&p=719434&hilit=Hannibal#p719434

In transferring a draft of my comment from a Note Pad, I left out a key sentence about Liverpool's recent habit of buying what others have called City's "Dead wood" players. Sorry that I wasn't aware that really bad jokes and the colour red are prohibited from this website!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 pm

They're not. Slim's just a cranky bitch.

Although, less cranky than he used to be. hmm. Winning will do that to you.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:32 pm

dazby wrote:They're not. Slim's just a cranky bitch.

Although, less cranky than he used to be. hmm. Winning will do that to you.

Dazby, many thanks for your message. Yes, another PL title for City, would go a long way to curing all of my crankiness, too!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum