Is Jesus Navas ever going to score again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Jesus Navas ever going to score again

Postby Bluedj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Navas must be the fittest player at the club. He worked his bollocks off last night as he always does
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Bluedj wrote:Navas must be the fittest player at the club. He worked his bollocks off last night as he always does

as much as he criticized, the guy's a fucking hummingbird. And fuck homesickness, I don't want him to leave. If he could add 8 goals a season to his locker he'd be that Bellamy replacement we've all longed for. He's a worker bee.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Yffi_88 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Bluedj wrote:Navas must be the fittest player at the club. He worked his bollocks off last night as he always does

as much as he criticized, the guy's a fucking hummingbird. And fuck homesickness, I don't want him to leave. If he could add 8 goals a season to his locker he'd be that Bellamy replacement we've all longed for. He's a worker bee.

cheers

His work-rate really impressed me last night. Didnt even get pissed off at his cut backs.

Looks like a strong breeze would knock him over but the lad gets about!
City Are Back...
Yffi_88
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:01 pm

Yffi_88 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

His work-rate really impressed me last night. Didnt even get pissed off at his cut backs.

Looks like a strong breeze would knock him over but the lad gets about!

he came back more than once to win the ball in the middle of the park as well so it's not like he just hung out on the touchline and did a speed demon routine. My sense is that he knows with Milner gone, and Delph injured, if he can graft his way into a starting spot and we get on a hot streak it'll be hard to bench him. That's how i'd view it if i gave more than a single fuck.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bluedj » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

You're right there fella, 8 goals would be huge for us, could be the difference of wining the PL. If KDB comes he'll definitely play second fiddle, but he'll get his chance in the squad and I hope he takes his chances and scores more as I love his effort
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:12 am

Stick with the hummingbird analogy Dooms. It perfectly describes him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby clippo22 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:24 am

I think the answer is clearly NO! He went through 1 on 1 with the keeper and then stood still looking for aguero! Then realised he was only 6 yards from goal, panicked and booted it at Tim Howard's face! It was still only 1-0 at the time and it drives me crazy that he can't finish!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:25 am

He can always turn a pass into a goal.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby branny » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:06 am

Love his workrate and tracking back but he's one of the most frustrating players ive seen in the final third. At times he puts decent crosses in and no fault of his that we've nobody there to finish half of the time. The frustrating thing is his decision making (or lack of it) like the chance mentioned above. His finishing is woeful and with the pace he has he should be making runs in behind the fullback. Time and again you'll see Silva looking to play him in behind the rb but Navas is stood still on the touchline like he has no idea. Even if he only gets the last part right it'll be a big improvement.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:40 am

branny wrote:Love his workrate and tracking back but he's one of the most frustrating players ive seen in the final third. At times he puts decent crosses in and no fault of his that we've nobody there to finish half of the time. The frustrating thing is his decision making (or lack of it) like the chance mentioned above. His finishing is woeful and with the pace he has he should be making runs in behind the fullback. Time and again you'll see Silva looking to play him in behind the rb but Navas is stood still on the touchline like he has no idea. Even if he only gets the last part right it'll be a big improvement.

He misses Zaba. When Zaba is in the temple and on form, they make a formidable partnership. Sagna is looking good so far, so let's hope they click.

Short memories though. I could name 100 city players who were more frustrating than jesus.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
branny wrote:Love his workrate and tracking back but he's one of the most frustrating players ive seen in the final third. At times he puts decent crosses in and no fault of his that we've nobody there to finish half of the time. The frustrating thing is his decision making (or lack of it) like the chance mentioned above. His finishing is woeful and with the pace he has he should be making runs in behind the fullback. Time and again you'll see Silva looking to play him in behind the rb but Navas is stood still on the touchline like he has no idea. Even if he only gets the last part right it'll be a big improvement.

He misses Zaba. When Zaba is in the temple and on form, they make a formidable partnership. Sagna is looking good so far, so let's hope they click.

Short memories though. I could name 100 city players who were more frustrating than jesus.

Look forward to the full list :p
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby branny » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Had a think. Nope.. Can think of plenty of players who were shit in the final third but none as frustrating.
branny

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:45 pm

branny wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Had a think. Nope.. Can think of plenty of players who were shit in the final third but none as frustrating.

Ricky holden?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby branny » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
branny wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Ricky holden?

Never got anywhere near the final third. Lazy get used to cross it from the halfway line.
branny

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Go on then !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby dazby » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:51 am

I'll start. The Vass. Captain America, Crofty, blobby Fowler, the Lesbian, Marty Petrov, Christmas Hamper.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:04 am

Samaras, Benjani, sibierski, Jo
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:07 am

Dzeko
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:22 am

Vassle, Vásel, Vasl, Darren Vassel, Vase Davidius
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:04 am

Jesus Navas is nowhere even close to being the most frustrating City player top of the list!
Instead, I would start with the players that gave glimpses of talent, but were eternally injured list of Bellamy, Bojinov, Jovetic, Rodwell, and Santa Cruz. Alvaro Negredo was a blessed Beast through January, until a major injury forced him out of the club. The recurrent injuries of Micah Richards, that eventually forced him to leave, after Zabs replaced him.

At the top of my most frustrating list are the bad attitude issues of Adebayor, Bellamy and especially, chief thug & pseudo-intellectual, Joey Barton!

Of course, one of the most frustrating City enigmas, will always be Mario Balotelli. Mario provided his first & only assist of the season, which led to Aguero's title winning goal... and changed City's history, forever! The same Mario that helped to demolish the Rags, in a record-breaking 1-6 derby. Sadly, it was also Super-mad Mario's behaviour issues, that would ultimately get him transferred out of City.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum