Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:ginger pubes and sad act.

where will this leave nasri now?

you're still fucking here??!!

i thought he left 2 months ago! Holy Shit.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Re: Welcome to Manchester Kev!

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:30 pm

s1ty m wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Welcome KDB. A front four of Aguero, Sterling, Silva and KDB. Bony, Navas, Iheanacho, Nasri in the wings to cover. Has there ever been a forward line and back up like it?

Barca's front three is possibly better but there's not as much depth and the same for Madrid. This season could well break records

Bell, Lee, Sumerbee and Marsh possibly.

That could start an endless debate.

Did they all play together? Had Lee not gone to Derby by the time Marsh arrived?

Add Law too. 1974 LC Final, I think they all played.

I'll see your Law and raise you a Yaya. We must be in a good place when we have that lot and yet our defensive MF and CB are our top scorers.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:36 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Welcome KDB. A front four of Aguero, Sterling, Silva and KDB. Bony, Navas, Iheanacho, Nasri in the wings to cover. Has there ever been a forward line and back up like it?

Barca's front three is possibly better but there's not as much depth and the same for Madrid. This season could well break records

It was even better: Lee, Bell, Summerbee, Marsh and Law.

I knew there was a ridiculous five man version, but I couldn't remember who was where when, so settled on the lite version.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Did they all play together? Had Lee not gone to Derby by the time Marsh arrived?

I'll see your Law and raise you a Yaya. We must be in a good place when we have that lot and yet our defensive MF and CB are our top scorers.

Talking of which, has anyone looked at this.
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/dreamteam/
The overall ff dream team to date. I did post it in the ff thread, but it's a bit underused.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:27 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:ginger pubes and sad act.

where will this leave nasri now?

Your nicknames are just hilarious, they have me in stitches.

Who's sad act btw?

Perry
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:57 pm

Surely hes gonna come off the bench at Palace right?

Does Manuel change a winning formula? Plus KDB wont have had much time with the first team. He signed and then went on international duty
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:33 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Surely hes gonna come off the bench at Palace right?

Does Manuel change a winning formula? Plus KDB wont have had much time with the first team. He signed and then went on international duty

I don't think you change a winning team just yet. Unless you've got an injury or someone unavailable due to the international work. Kun won't play much tonight I don't think so he should be fine no matter when he arrives. Sagan is the only worry from what I've read. Fernandinho not in the starting XI for brasil tonight so he should be okay as well.

KDB will get 30 mins or so coming on for Navas I'd bet on Saturday depending on how we fare.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:38 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Surely hes gonna come off the bench at Palace right?

Surely Navas will start; especially if Sagna isn't fit then Navas' will provide good cover for whoever we have at RB.

KDB can come off the bench if needed
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:08 pm

You'd think Navas would start but I get the feeling we're going to see what will become the familiar front 3 of Sterling/Aguero/de Bruyne.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:04 pm

edge275 wrote:

Absolutely true. But its gonna be great fun watching our forward line this year.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby edge275 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Absolutely true. But its gonna be great fun watching our forward line this year.

Totally agree. It's very exciting. Although we have spent a lot of money, I think it's been a lot more shrewd than what most people think.

The Premier League still isn't anywhere near saturation. Remember when Newcastle bought Shearer for £15m and everyone said football has gone mad?

£15m for the highest goalscorer the Premier League has ever had looks like fucking bargain basement now.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:36 pm

edge275 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Totally agree. It's very exciting. Although we have spent a lot of money, I think it's been a lot more shrewd than what most people think.

The Premier League still isn't anywhere near saturation. Remember when Newcastle bought Shearer for £15m and everyone said football has gone mad?

£15m for the highest goalscorer the Premier League has ever had looks like fucking bargain basement now.

Already there are pundits saying Sterling is good value. We have to remember that when the next TV deal kicks in next year, prices will go even higher. £40m for a top forward will be a thing of the past. That will get you a Benteke or a Berahino or a Lukaku next year. We have done our business before the price hike, very shrewd IMO
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:40 pm

edge275 wrote:

Exactly what Candlepool thought when they tried to replace Suarez, they were wrong.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:42 pm

And yet that fucking pillock Lord Sugar daddy is mouthing off that the dippers "dribbled 49m out of city" and we have "more money than sense".
Based on watching an england game.

It shows how detached from the game he is when he can't see the huge impact sterling has already made on the team.

44m was a snip.
The dippers saw 35m of it and spunked it on benteke.

They fucking swapped sterling for benteke.
And that fucking sid james lookalike jumps on us?

Hmmm...
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:And yet that fucking pillock Lord Sugar daddy is mouthing off that the dippers "dribbled 49m out of city" and we have "more money than sense".
Based on watching an england game.

It shows how detached from the game he is when he can't see the huge impact sterling has already made on the team.

44m was a snip.
The dippers saw 35m of it and spunked it on benteke.

They fucking swapped sterling for benteke.
And that fucking sid james lookalike jumps on us?

Hmmm...

Closer than you think.

£9M of that £44M went to QPR, I think they paid £32.5M for Benteke, so they swapped Sterling for Benteke and £2.5M they probably wasted on signing fees.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby harveytravis » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:16 pm

s1ty m wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

THey all played in what looked like a 3-2-5 at times!! I was there and it was exciting stuff. Pity we lost 2-1 to Wolves. Bloody John Richards!!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:11 am

Slim wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Exactly what Candlepool thought when they tried to replace Suarez, they were wrong.

Depends on the parts, and who is putting them together.

I don't for one minute think we have a better attack than Barcelona. I'm just saying although individually their players are amazing and they play great as a team too, hopefully we can get lucky and our players gel exceptionally well and the whole becoming greater than the sum of its parts.

It's going to be incredible watching City this year. The players we have now is simply jizz-tastic.
edge275

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:32 am

Good to see San Carlo arent losing out with Frankie going to NYC.

KDB is smashing it's bollocks in.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Don't know about everyone else but I am fucking buzzing to see Kevin in a City shirt for the first time. Give us a golazo tomorrow Kev. No pressure.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum