Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:kun de bruyne?

A new superhero, with a name like that!
Bruno de Bruyne also has a nice sound to it!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:57 am

Innoff
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:13 am

Pierce...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:47 am

DeLifeOf
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby YAYAPLGOAT » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Kevin De Bruyne is too direct for this side. He's disrupted the balance of the side, which previous to his arrival, had seen four wins from four. Since he's started to be a regular starter for us, we've struggled. His first instinct is to always play the killer pass, regardless of how likely the success of the pass is.

Discuss.
YAYAPLGOAT
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: YAYA, FERNANDINHO, SAGNA

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:26 pm

YAYAPLGOAT wrote:Kevin De Bruyne is too direct for this side. He's disrupted the balance of the side, which previous to his arrival, had seen four wins from four. Since he's started to be a regular starter for us, we've struggled. His first instinct is to always play the killer pass, regardless of how likely the success of the pass is.

Discuss.

One of our biggest attacking flaws last season was a lack of directness in our play.

Our problem in recent weeks has been a lack of finishing, we're still creating the chances.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:43 pm

YAYAPLGOAT wrote:Kevin De Bruyne is too direct for this side. He's disrupted the balance of the side, which previous to his arrival, had seen four wins from four. Since he's started to be a regular starter for us, we've struggled. His first instinct is to always play the killer pass, regardless of how likely the success of the pass is.

Discuss.

His arrival coincided with half the team being injured; I think we have been forced into using KDB and Otamendi more than we probably intended to at this early stage. Can't blame Kev for the loss of August's form, he is not Rodney mk 2.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby YAYAPLGOAT » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:00 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Discuss.

One of our biggest attacking flaws last season was a lack of directness in our play.

Our problem in recent weeks has been a lack of finishing, we're still creating the chances.

That's why Sterling arrived. We've gone overboard, overcompensated and now we could line up with Sterling, KDB and Navas, none of whom are possession based players. I don't dislike KDB's style, I think he'd be an excellent asset, but the team needs to be shaped accordingly and I don't see any sign of Pellegrino doing that.
YAYAPLGOAT
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: YAYA, FERNANDINHO, SAGNA

Postby mr_nool » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:03 pm

YAYAPLGOAT wrote:

Discuss.

That's why Sterling arrived. We've gone overboard, overcompensated and now we could line up with Sterling, KDB and Navas, none of whom are possession based players. I don't dislike KDB's style, I think he'd be an excellent asset, but the team needs to be shaped accordingly and I don't see any sign of Pellegrino doing that.

I disagree regarding Navas. I do think he works quite well when we play possession based tactics.
I also think the KDB stat is a coincidence.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:03 pm

YAYAPLGOAT wrote:

Discuss.

It's not easy to get the shape right when you have the number of injuries he's had to contend with though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Discuss.

Spot on Foreverinbluedreams
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Socrates » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:41 am

YAYAPLGOAT wrote:

Discuss.

Pellegrino? You're thinking of a bottle of water. You remind me of someone, have you been here before?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:10 am

I was actually thinking about the same thing re: KDB and his starts coinciding with the end of our run. The injuries havent helped but the side did offer something dangerous with Sterling opposite Navas, and it wasnt their finishing.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:57 pm

He is truly world class! Already one of my favorites!
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:00 pm

2nd half was flawless. If Sergio wasn't scoring everything we'd be talking about KDB's world class display right now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:05 pm

I agree completely slim.

This fella is amazing. The ground he covers, his passing and shooting is all top notch.
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:54 pm

one of the most 2-footed players ive ever seen. his crosses from the left are fucking MINT.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:00 pm

What does he actually do?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:06 pm

He should start the next game on the left with Navas in the right and silva behind Aguero.

Lethal
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Weeee'lllll drink a drink, a drink to Kevin the King the King the King.

I might be a little too early but I think this fella is going to take over from Nijinsky.

I just love the way he intercepted the play then raced forward to meet the attack and play Kun in for his second goal. Then an absolute defense splitting / bluffing pass for sergio's third.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum