Welcome to Manchester Kevin De Bruyne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kevin De Bruyne bookies slash odds

Postby littlebig » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:15 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
The Foggy Blue wrote:Does anyone know who bets on players signing for clubs?

If you know someone is signing, you must have insider info so why would bookies allow it. And if you didn't know, why the fuck would you bet on a bullshit rumour in a paper?

I dont profess to know about bookies. I would imagine they have their own experts with their ear to the ground to ensure they don't get caught out financially?

They run 'novelty' bets to generate interest / traffic.

They will never take bets which will pay out big amounts on these novelty markets. If you try to place a bet on, say, Big Brother where you will get paid out e.g. >£200 they will reduce your bet to meet their 'lay to lose' max (hope that makes sense).
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:26 pm

PeterParker wrote:Hmm,

It seems we might have a huge card on our pocket. Rumour has it that we are playing the De Bruyne card, however, we are keeping a real eye on Reus.

65 mil is the offer we about to pay for him, 5 more than for De Bruyne. Scouse are after him too.

Where did you hear the Reus rumor?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Good player though he undoubtedly is, we have a number of 'flair' players already. Guys who can make a pass, assist a goal or ultimately score them. I would rather go all out for a midfield general and spend whatever it takes to get him. Someone who is young, has a great engine, can defend, break up attacks, start attacks and get forward and score a few goals himself. Players who dominate the midfield and dictate possession and who allow the Silva's, the Nasri's, the Sterlings, the Navas', the Yaya's, the Aguero's et all to wreak havoc at the business end of the field. Is there such a player.....
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby The Foggy Blue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:45 pm

Apologies, I wasn't doubting the validity of your OP. I was merely commenting generally on the 'new signings' markets that bookies offer.

I don't know anyone who has ever backed X player to sign for Y club. It's as if those markets only exist so than bookies can "slash the odds"
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

It seems we might have a huge card on our pocket. Rumour has it that we are playing the De Bruyne card, however, we are keeping a real eye on Reus.

65 mil is the offer we about to pay for him, 5 more than for De Bruyne. Scouse are after him too.

Where did you hear the Reus rumor?

I heard It through the grapevine.

Same guy that said the Delph offer is not dead yet. However, the Reus situation is a tricky one, he is a target for Bayern, but next summer, went it looks like Klopp will be their new manager. A very similar situation to Pogba, but more palpable for us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:49 pm

I know somebody who bet on Christine coming to City after getting some ITK word.
On KDB, it seems a lot of money for him to me. I'm not sure he is in that upper echelon of players.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:Good player though he undoubtedly is, we have a number of 'flair' players already. Guys who can make a pass, assist a goal or ultimately score them. I would rather go all out for a midfield general and spend whatever it takes to get him. Someone who is young, has a great engine, can defend, break up attacks, start attacks and get forward and score a few goals himself. Players who dominate the midfield and dictate possession and who allow the Silva's, the Nasri's, the Sterlings, the Navas', the Yaya's, the Aguero's et all to wreak havoc at the business end of the field. Is there such a player.....

Delph. Wouldn't say he is a "general " but I'm sure that that is his role.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:20 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Good player though he undoubtedly is, we have a number of 'flair' players already. Guys who can make a pass, assist a goal or ultimately score them. I would rather go all out for a midfield general and spend whatever it takes to get him. Someone who is young, has a great engine, can defend, break up attacks, start attacks and get forward and score a few goals himself. Players who dominate the midfield and dictate possession and who allow the Silva's, the Nasri's, the Sterlings, the Navas', the Yaya's, the Aguero's et all to wreak havoc at the business end of the field. Is there such a player.....

Delph. Wouldn't say he is a "general " but I'm sure that that is his role.

Wasn't the name that was on the edge of my tongue, it must be said. The role that we signed Fernandinho for, but he hasn't quite settled into it as much as I thought he would
nottsblue

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Who would you suggest?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:01 pm

The media seem certain of this signing but would this be the big signing for you?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The media seem certain of this signing but would this be the big signing for you?

He was voted the best player in the German League and he's a big upgrade on Milner. I think he would be a great addition but from the bit I have seen I don't think he is a worldy .
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby MaineRoadblue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The media seem certain of this signing but would this be the big signing for you?

Best signing since Aguero imo

He is the Hazard type of player we've been missing imo.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Who would you suggest?

Pogba. All day and all night. Break the bank for this guy. For lots of reasons, not least with him running the midfield for the next few years, we win a lot of trophies
nottsblue

Postby Herb » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 pm

From looking at his stats he's a monster going forward, a goal scorer and provider of the very highest order but his defensive work is nothing special . . or perhaps less than nothing special.
I think that Maureen let him go because of his lack of defensive contribution. That defensive issue was still clear in his stats post-chelsea but his forward work has come on leaps and bounds so he's a better player now than he ever was for Maureen.
If we get him then, IMO, he'll be a wonder to behold in open play, will be the ultimate killer blow as a sub coming on to run at tired legs and will improve our European credentials but he will not, at least at first, contribute as well in tighter possession play because he's flourished in the more open end to end german game and that's his forte.
I want us to get him for the sheer bravado of his play but he'll need to learn to track back and tackle and Pellers might be just the guy to teach him that.

Just to add; I'd like us to get Pogba too but this guy isn't anything like Pogba so it isn't an either / or situation, to my mind it's both if at all possible but either would be a truly enormous acquisition.
Last edited by Herb on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:53 pm

But the PL!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Who would you suggest?

Pogba. All day and all night. Break the bank for this guy. For lots of reasons, not least with him running the midfield for the next few years, we win a lot of trophies

I'm with you NB; Pogba would be a revelation in our midfield, with the players we already have around him.

If we can't sign him, perhaps we should try to be patient until some of our youngsters start to force their way through no matter how hard that might be for us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Who would you suggest?

Still dont know why we're not in for Witsel
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:15 pm

blues2win wrote:Mirror says opening offer likely to be 40 million pounds but City prepared to go 'much higher' to get him. How the fuck do they know? We're not going to broadcast our negotiating position to anyone. I think the reason for the stories is that Wolfsburg say they won't stop him going if they get a really good offer. That's pretty much running up the white flag so it does look like its a matter of negotiations now. Since it looks very unlikely we'll get Pogba there's more scope to spend big on De Bruyne I suppose.

It's just another media way of getting at City by telling the world that we will pay any amount however ridiculous. It doesn't have to be true does it!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:52 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

I don't follow the Bundesliga enough to know which I'd prefer if we could choose.

Can some "former Nazis"/ English Royal family relatives on here please comment and set me straight about ze players?

Danke

Reus every time. Excellent player, the only downside is that he has had his fair share of injuries over the last season or two
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Who would you suggest?

Pogba is Yaya at that age, but better.

I dunno about KDB beyond youtube clips and looking at stats. A better Nasri? probably maybe, but remember Nasri was amazing those last two seasons at Arsenal i felt. He's been very hot and cold at City. At his best, a world beater, at his worst the French Duke.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum