Mark Clattenburg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mark Clattenburg

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:25 am

Which is the most impolite respectively polite player you've ever come across?

Why aren't top referees bought and sold between leagues like players?

What does your dream ref-kit look like?

Which is the best footballer of the current refs?

Have you ever received any serious threats?

How come referees are allowed to be over weight?

How much does a referee in the PL make per year?

If you had to invite three football players for dinner, who'd you invite and why?

Nazis, good or bad?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:39 am

Why 'does it seem' that teams who don't surround the referee don't get the decisions and team that do surround them do?

Was his brief at the end of the 2013-14 season to make sure Suarez wasn't sent off as he should have done it in our game and the Palace game?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:53 am

At the beginning of a season are you told to crack down on the players aggressive attitude towards referees and in particular the unsavoury words they use at match officials (Respect campaign) yet you never send of Wayne Rooney or half the Chelsea team? Why Mark, why?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:29 pm

How does it benefit you personally to get decisions wrong in the same direction repeatedly?

Is there any link to your alleged gambling debts?

How can you claim to be impartial when you are heard insulting Craig Bellamy in the tunnel and then you send him off in the same game?

Apart from yourself, who is the most bent ref you've ever come across?

Which referee has made the biggest gambling win on a football match they themselves have been refereeing?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:30 pm

I am starting to warm to this.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I am starting to warm to this.

You're doing well young Jedi.
Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Paul68 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:31 pm

How much discount do you get at the swamp shop?
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby branny » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Ask him if he can give Michael Oliver a few pointers on what constitutes a penalty.

Once he does realise, we should be a few points better off.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Ask him if he does favours .

If he says "yes".

Tell him to f*ck off.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Scatman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Will you be my boyfriend?
Scatman

Postby Wooders » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:28 pm

My question is to you dazby, how, or more importantly, why, are you "interviewing" mark clattenburg?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:42 pm

He will give you fuck all.

If however he is half cut and his tongue is loose I'd like to know

Who did he support as a boy and does it cause a conflict of interest for the referees official body

Why are there so many descrepancies between offences and certain teams. Eg why had Shrek never been sent off for bad mouthing and swearing at referees. Or why Chelsea and rags can surround referee and not be punished.

Would you like to give post match interviews to explain decisions and if so, upon a berating by some managers would you then like to turn round and say, "no Rodgers, your team lost lost because you picked the wrong team and Ings missed two open goals"

What rule do you dislike the most that you have to punish players for, eg yellow for removal of shirt or straight red for last man foul as you know it will only cause grief but you have to give it.

Do you ever give decisions later on in a game because you know you made a howler earlier on in the game and do you privately apologise to the team/manager of the recipient of bad decision.

Do you ever witness a great goal or piece of skill and just want to applaud.

Which other referees do you dislike for both personal and professional reasons and like and respect as well

As above, but for managers and pundits.

If footballers aren't allowed to gamble on football, why are refs allowed to do so.

Why do you think refs don't get a gig as a pundit. I know BT sport tried it (Halsey?) but it never got going

Do you ever wonder whether a linesman is bent if offside calls are incorrectly given frequently, or that they are just incompetent, and can you choose who they are, or rather that you don't want to work with them again.

What has been your favourite game to officiate

Do you watch a match on the TV and think "wtf has he done there" if a decision is an odd one
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Now you have met me , do you feel like jumping off a fuckign bridge with a lead weight and head first ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:Why do you think refs don't get a gig as a pundit. I know BT sport tried it (Halsey?) but it never got going

There are some truly great questions here, mixed in with all the funny stuff from everyone!

Nottsblue, I believe that PGMOL does have some restrictions to their contracts with the actively serving refs, regarding interviews, journalism jobs, etc. After retirement, those restrictions are lifted. Howard Webb has just joined BT Sport as a pundit. Graham Poll still writes his column for the Daily Mail.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Now you have met me , do you feel like jumping off a fuckign bridge with a lead weight and head first ?

Look everyone, Carl did a funny. You're so clever. Yes you are. Now go over there and find some blocks to play with. That's a boy. Good boy.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Wooders wrote:My question is to you dazby, how, or more importantly, why, are you "interviewing" mark clattenburg?

For Football Brisbane Match Officials, the visit of Mark Clattenburg is here and we are all looking forward to the Masterclass Workshop that he will conduct while he is here.

Apart from a number of other functions, Mark Clattenburg will be appointed to referee the Lions FC v Mitchelton Trophy Superstore Premier League Round 19 match on Sunday 26th July at 4pm; played at Lions Stadium, Richlands.

The reason I haven't been able to go to any of the City games (the real reason I'm a grumpy arse) is the work I do with Football Brisbane. I'll be interviewing him before the game. Not sure I'll be able to ask some of the controversial questions posted but we'll see what we can do.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 pm

dazby wrote:
Wooders wrote:My question is to you dazby, how, or more importantly, why, are you "interviewing" mark clattenburg?

For Football Brisbane Match Officials, the visit of Mark Clattenburg is here and we are all looking forward to the Masterclass Workshop that he will conduct while he is here.

Apart from a number of other functions, Mark Clattenburg will be appointed to referee the Lions FC v Mitchelton Trophy Superstore Premier League Round 19 match on Sunday 26th July at 4pm; played at

The reason I haven't been able to go to any of the City games (the real reason I'm a grumpy arse) is the work I do with Football Brisbane. I'll be interviewing him before the game. Not sure I'll be able to ask some of the controversial questions posted but we'll see what we can do.

Is he cooking as well ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:22 pm

dazby wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Now you have met me , do you feel like jumping off a fuckign bridge with a lead weight and head first ?

Look everyone, Carl did a funny. You're so clever. Yes you are. Now go over there and find some blocks to play with. That's a boy. Good boy.

Ill pass you the blocks when youve finished eating your crayons and stopped licking the windows.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Dazby, sorry to hear that you've had to miss all the matches there & hope the Q&A is fun.
1) I'd be curious to know if Mark Clattenburg is in favour of adding additional instant replay technology to his alert watch, if it would help avoid the threats of violence, after a match?! Since goal-line technology has been so helpful, why shouldn't it be added for all calls that are not based on the ref's opinion or judgement? These include factual info on whether the ball has fully gone out of play; whether a goal kick or corner kick should be given; making sure the wrong player isn't sent off from ref misidentification of a player, etc.

2) Is Clattenburg OK with the fact that the match commentators and TV viewers have infinitely more accurate information to make ref calls with, than he actually does?! If Clattenburg is against checking an instant replay for contested calls, why would he choose to have less accurate information, than the rest of the stadium and viewing world?

3) Would MC like The FA to further clarify and define their FA laws regarding what constitutes a penalty kick; an offside goal; handball; and a red card for the last man, preventing a goalscoring opportunity? Most matches contain endless controversy over these same problematic laws & decisions.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby edge275 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 pm

Kevin Horlock was once sent off for 'aggressive walking' can you provide some insight if this is a genuine rule.

I don't think it was clattenburg reffereeing then but would like to know his take on this.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum