' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ' Not clear if Ed will continue'

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:25 am

gilford wrote:Yes, but we had 4 out and out strikers in our title winning season, to go down to 2 now seems madness.

We didn't, we had three and Jovetic as someone that could play that role if needs be( when he was available ).

This season we will have three, Aguero, Bony and Nacho, and then we have Sterling who can play that role if needs be.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gilford » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:42 am

I can see him going, and no replacement coming in, our excuse already made for not winning anything this coming season?

I'd put money on Aguero having a decent spell out due to injury this year, can we rely on Bony to score 20 + goals?

Sterling is good, very good in fact, but the Dippers didn't get much with him last year with Sturridge out did they?

What are the club thinking..............
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:55 am

I don't want to jinx Aguero but he did get through the entire season last year and the Copa America without a muscle injury.

If it wasn't for Besic doing him then he may have got through the whole season injury free thanks to this new diet he's on.

If we are playing one up front this season then how do you keep 4 strikers happy? Aguero is obviously first choice, Bony will be used when Aguero needs resting and Nacho will likely get cameo appearances here and there.

If we bring in a fourth then when is Nacho going to get his chance?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:58 am

gilford wrote:I can see him going, and no replacement coming in, our excuse already made for not winning anything this coming season?

I'd put money on Aguero having a decent spell out due to injury this year, can we rely on Bony to score 20 + goals?

Sterling is good, very good in fact, but the Dippers didn't get much with him last year with Sturridge out did they?

What are the club thinking..............

Ok Mr Positive let's not even bother starting the season then shall we?

We are selling Dzeko and Unal has gone out on loan im sure we will be in for another forward.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby zuricity » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:00 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I don't want to jinx Aguero but he did get through the entire season last year and the Copa America without a muscle injury.

If it wasn't for Besic doing him then he may have got through the whole season injury free thanks to this new diet he's on.

If we are playing one up front this season then how do you keep 4 strikers happy? Aguero is obviously first choice, Bony will be used when Aguero needs resting and Nacho will likely get cameo appearances here and there.

It's true about the muscle injury, but he did miss the run up to Xmas injured with a knee problem. Or do we not includes these things ?

Remember when we played all of December without a striker , No ? James Milner as Striker ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:04 am

zuricity wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I don't want to jinx Aguero but he did get through the entire season last year and the Copa America without a muscle injury.

It's true about the muscle injury, but he did miss the run up to Xmas injured with a knee problem. Or do we not includes these things ?

Remember when we played all of December without a striker , No ? James Milner as Striker ?

When speaking about the likelihood of him getting injured in future I think it's only fair to point out that the injuries that he sustained in the past were muscle injuries, he seems to have remedied that. That fair enough?

Anyone can get done by someone and tear a ligament, it wasn't a recurrence of an injury that he's struggled with in the past. See the distinction?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:06 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zuricity wrote:

When speaking about the likelihood of him getting injured in future I think it's only fair to point out that the injuries that he sustained in the past were muscle injuries, he seems to have remedied that. That fair enough?

Anyone can get done by someone and tear a ligament, it wasn't a recurrence of an injury that he's struggled with in the past. See the distinction?

All the more reason to keep a recognised striker. Under 30 and still playing well.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:08 am

zuricity wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zuricity wrote:

All the more reason to keep a recognised striker. Under 30 and still playing well.

What is all the more reason and who's playing well?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gilford » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:10 am

lets all have a disco wrote:

We are selling Dzeko and Unal has gone out on loan im sure we will be in for another forward.

Hey, I'm as positive as they come mate, just get puzzled by some of the decisions the club makes sometimes is all.

Maybe we have someone in mind to replace, who knows, but IMHO it seems like a strange move.
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:16 am

gilford wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:

Hey, I'm as positive as they come mate, just get puzzled by some of the decisions the club makes sometimes is all.

Maybe we have someone in mind to replace, who knows, but IMHO it seems like a strange move.

I'm sure they will be lining someone up if you want to challenge on lots of fronts you need three top strikers but lets not get carried away the transfer window shuts in a month so lets just chill.

It says it all when i would start Ian at West Brom over Edin.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:25 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:That header that brought us back from the brink is over looked by many, but not me. Without that there was no Aguuuuueeeerrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooo.............?

Beautiful.

it's overlooked by almost no one. No idea why you think that. Jayko's contributed a lot to both title runs. Fans know that. Which is why this is bittersweet.

he's also been an absolute joke at times and embarrassingly lacking in effort and class.

Ess normulll.

cheers

Always a contro fucker.

Love ya man x

Look maybe you are the smartest dude In a wrecking ball crew of fuckwits and alcoholics who barely pays attention to what really happens. I've seen many fans like that. Not judging but just saying that I can't think of anyone I respect who doesn't know the BozSpaz did contribute. Often.

And he's also the dzonkey. Not mutually exclusive shit.

And ily2. Xxx

Cheers

Your intelligence befuddles me, surrender is all yours.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:59 pm

Edin has flown out to Germany today with the rest of the squad.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:11 am

In 2011, A.S. Roma paid €11 million for Dzeko's Bosnian teammate, Miralem Pjanić. In 2012, Roma sold Fabio Borini for €13.3 million and purchased Mattia Destro for €16 million Euros.

In 2013, Tottenham paid Roma £25.8 million, plus up to £4.2 million in bonuses for Erik Lamela. Also in 2013, Roma signed Adem Ljajić, for a fee of €15 million and paid €19 million for Kevin Strootman. In 2014, Roma signed forward, Juan Iturbe for €22 million, with add-ons up to €2.5 million... A forward who had scored 8 goals a season for Verona!

It is unbelievable hypocrisy and greed, that Roma are now haggling over City's asking price of £20 million pounds (approx €29 mill). Edin Dzeko is a double-winning striker, who has had far more success than Lamela & Iturbe! Roma was perfectly happy with charging Tottenham £25.8 million for Erik Lamela, 2 years ago!

The gossip is that Roma would have to sell 4 players to afford Dzeko, at City's asking price. Does Roma somehow think that transfer prices have gone down, instead of markedly upwards, in the past 4 years?! Sorry, but there is no way we should sell Edin Dzeko for anything less than the original asking price, to these cheap, bargain hunters!

If City are completely insistent on selling Dzeko, then why aren't they trying to arrange a trade with Wolfsburg, for Kevin De Bruyne?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Well judging by Bony's absence in the first half , we might just need a rethink about Edin.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:28 pm

I can't imagine Bony's anywhere near match fit. Ditto Kompany pretty obviously and of course our South Americans. Yaya Delph and presumably Fernando are injured. Just over a week till the season opener. Aieeee.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby phips » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Edin Dzeko's move to Roma has edged closer after the Italian club agreed a fee with Manchester City for the striker, sources have told ESPN FC.

Roma have made Dzeko one of their top targets this summer and have been in talks with City officials for several weeks.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini admitted during the club's preseason tour of Australia that Dzeko could leave the club this summer.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina international started 12 Premier League games last season, scoring four goals.

The January signing of Wilfried Bony from Swansea pushed Dzeko down the pecking order and with Raheem Sterling arriving from Liverpool this summer, it has increased competition for places in City's first XI.

City were holding out for a fee of €30 million for Dzeko while Roma were willing to offer €20m plus bonuses.

A compromise has now been agreed between the two clubs of around €23m and the 29-year-old is set to hold talks with Roma over a move to the Stadio Olimpico.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:57 pm

phips wrote:Edin Dzeko's move to Roma has edged closer after the Italian club agreed a fee with Manchester City for the striker, sources have told ESPN FC.
City were holding out for a fee of €30 million for Dzeko while Roma were willing to offer €20m plus bonuses. A compromise has now been agreed between the two clubs of around €23m and the 29-year-old is set to hold talks with Roma over a move to the Stadio Olimpico.

Edin Dzeko's goal vs Stuttgart, should be a warning to City management, that it is foolish to sell a proven striker, BEFORE the replacement forwards have fully bedded in and started scoring consistently! At one point last season, City had all of their strikers & goalscoring midfielders unavailable. Better to have too many strikers, rather than demanding all the midfielders to double their goalscoring!

In fact, there are a group of midfielders & defenders who should be sold, long before Edin Dzeko! If City was getting an excessive David Luiz-like fee, or even the same amount that Roma received for Erik Lamela, I could maybe understand the sale! Instead, City is taking a major loss on a player that will cost Roma less than Juan Iturbe! Nothing about this sale is acceptable to me, at such a cheap price.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:18 pm

blues2win wrote:I can't imagine Bony's anywhere near match fit. Ditto Kompany pretty obviously and of course our South Americans. Yaya Delph and presumably Fernando are injured. Just over a week till the season opener. Aieeee.

Yes, Fernando will miss the West Brom game. I'm really not sure how MP will sort this but when it comes to the midfield I don't trust him
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:28 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:In fact, there are a group of midfielders & defenders who should be sold, long before Edin Dzeko!

Hell, at this point Id try to sell Bony before selling Dzeko
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:31 pm

ABORT ABORT ABORT
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site