Kolo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kolo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:55 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:There's a veritable world of delight which exists in Pun-land.
I love anything of this nature.

Mikhail, I'm glad that the funny puns brought some smiles!

i'm half convinced you two are the same poster having a convo with yourself. Freaks.
cheers

Doom Merchant, as far as I'm aware, I've never been cloned and I don't have a 2nd account in the name of Mikhail Chigorin! I would love to have superpowers that allowed me to live in 2 separate continents, at the same time! I sincerely wish I had Mikhail's knowledge of chess, but I have no ability to play the game. Yes, we do seem to share a love of music, wordplay and all things City related... but that could probably describe a few other members here!

And yes, the movie "Freaks" by Tod Browning is a strange, but wonderful film! Checkmate & Cheers!

Be careful what you wish for.

I wish I'd never ever learnt to play chess and, in fact, I wish the game had never been invented. It caused me to have a breakdown when I was 21 and, over the succeeding years, whenever I've been perpetually sucked back into it, just like a whirlpool, it's always become the same old, all consuming obsession it always was.

I love the game so completely and I hate it at the same time, particularly the effects it confers. It's a cruel and unforgiving addiction of the worst kind.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote: Be careful what you wish for.

Mikhail, please accept my apologies for bringing up such a sensitive subject. With your choice of user name, I had automatically assumed that chess was something that brought only joy, like our support of City. I'm extremely sorry to hear that it hasn't always been a source of happiness for you. Many thanks for sharing your honesty and courage here.

With all my best wishes-W
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Mikhail, please accept my apologies for bringing up such a sensitive subject. With your choice of user name, I had automatically assumed that chess was something that brought only joy, like our support of City. I'm extremely sorry to hear that it hasn't always been a source of happiness for you. Many thanks for sharing your honesty and courage here.

Thanks chum.

That's a very gracious post and much appreciated.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:03 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Thanks chum.
That's a very gracious post and much appreciated.

Mikhail, in the midst of all the banter and sarcasm on this forum, you have reminded me of exactly why I originally joined this forum... To learn new things from my fellow City fans and to hear about their ideas and experiences.

If others think my comments are similar to yours, I consider that a big compliment!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Slim » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:19 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Wait....WHAT?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Wait....WHAT?

Don't judge him if he's a masochist - it takes all sorts.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:54 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

... something that brought only joy, like our support of City.

Wait....WHAT?

Don't judge him if he's a masochist - it takes all sorts.

Dameerto & Slim:

Yes, I probably should have said MOSTLY joy... and yes, all supporters that have followed City for decades, are slightly masochistic! However, even through the worst of times and failures for City, being a supporter of the club has always brought me joy and kept my interest. There was usually a sense of friendship, banter, belonging and camaraderie, that transcended the football, both good and bad.

The team is so much easier to watch and admire now... So, the years of waiting have been definitely worth it!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum