***city v real official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v real official match thread***

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:51 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini says Mangala was sick this morning so not available. Kompany is away because his wife's having a baby. Mystery solved.

Well you've done more homework than the commentator who thought both were on the bench in the first half. He also thought Agüero, Zaba and Fernandinho were away having played for Argentina.....

Demichelis did not exist
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Image

No Media bias ever,snakey headline from these cunts.

It's better than losing 3-0 on your own patch with a full strength side in a game that actually matters.

True but no matter, these headlines are really getting on my wick. It's not unusual that we get crap from the media but it really feels this summer that it's being turned up to 11...
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Image

No Media bias ever,snakey headline from these cunts.

It's better than losing 3-0 on your own patch with a full strength side in a game that actually matters.

True but no matter, these headlines are really getting on my wick. It's not unusual that we get crap from the media but it really feels this summer that it's being turned up to 11...

I hear you but the worst thing we can do as City fans is click on their site when we see a headline that enrages, this just encourages them to do it more. Easier said I know but the best thing to do is ignore them or simply just laugh at them. If you get angry they win.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Do or do not, there is no try
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:48 pm

It must be gratifying for the mail to see liverpool doing so well v such a strong Malaysian XI.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:It must be gratifying for the mail to see liverpool doing so well v such a strong Malaysian XI.

Dont worry they have span it.

Let's just tell everyone the name of the Malaysian scorer.

Patrick Ronaldinho Wleh

In a full ground.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Socrates » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Crowd was actually 99,382 and only 90,000 of them were fuckwits. Most of the rest were halfwits, Paper aeroplanes, mexican wave, countdowns, booing a kid for changing his employer. Liked the MCG itself though.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Doug put it all in perspective. We will still have miles too much attacking brilliance for the majority of prem teams and come away from many games smiling. However I do wish we had ditched Pellers and got someone to take a fresh hard look at these players because I suspect that the serial softness and lack of professionalism is still far too deeply embedded in our ranks. Are we ever gonna buy a midfielder that can properly stifle attacks.? Fernando clearly lacks the strength and positioning to do it. Delph is not enough.Don't tell me Vieira doesn't know whats wrong.de Brune wont change that.Ya Ya for all his brilliance has set the agenda again and will be the first name on the team sheet despite going awol last year. Looks like we are still gonna play him too deep and expect him to defend. As for Jesus and Nasri, we could have got a tidy player for those misfits.Still not that worried about Kolarov though I can see why he drives so many mad.Still gonna be a team that gets done by a mix of organisation, violence and bad luck.And didnt that performance sum up Edin's couldn't care less attitude since we gave him a new contract. A complete c..t
Last edited by getdressedmctavish on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Doug, I love your passion but its pointless against the agenda driven talksport. Best not to listen.
I tweeted back to them saying we lost our preseason games against the unknowns of supersport and amazulu in south Africa in 2013 and went on to win the double.

Needless to say they ignored that tweet as they couldn't think of a response to spin it negatively.

Gutter journalism. Haters will hate
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Doug, I love your passion but its pointless against the agenda driven talksport. Best not to listen.
I tweeted back to them saying we lost our preseason games against the unknowns of supersport and amazulu in south Africa in 2013 and went on to win the double.

Needless to say they ignored that tweet as they couldn't think of a response to spin it negatively.

Gutter journalism. Haters will hate

haha all part of the fun though. AD just picks up on things and goes fishing to wind up as many people as possible.Today it was a City attack , yesterday I believe it was Arsenal and tomorrow it will be another club.On a different day if everyone else was slagging us off he might just change tack and say it was refreshing to see us giving youth a chance and how promising our academy is if we have players like Humphreys coming through and lets not forget Tosin Adarabiyo who is a quality prospect as well . I forgot though he wouldn't know about him would.

Chelsea got cited as the model team but they haven't got 4 better centre halves than we have they have 2 don't they plus a young kid and a full back. Didn't hear then count our full back in there but as you say it goes against today's point they were making.

Can't wait for the season both first team and youth teams and I can seriously look forward to the next 10 years as our young stars start making the grade.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Socrates wrote:Crowd was actually 99,382 and only 90,000 of them were fuckwits. Most of the rest were halfwits, Paper aeroplanes, mexican wave, countdowns, booing a kid for changing his employer. Liked the MCG itself though.

Oof. We can lock arms and take that to the bank together. Really makes you wonder why we needed to go to fucking Australia.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:Crowd was actually 99,382 and only 90,000 of them were fuckwits. Most of the rest were halfwits, Paper aeroplanes, mexican wave, countdowns, booing a kid for changing his employer. Liked the MCG itself though.

Oof. We can lock arms and take that to the bank together. Really makes you wonder why we needed to go to fucking Australia.

Cheers

For me of course!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:36 pm

There were some good things in the game. Deneyer was pretty good. Yaya looked strong. Silva too. Sterling is gonna be a star for us. ( he mustn't turn into Ashley Young or Stevie Meeee with the diving mind)
I wouldn't worry too much about the score. We played two teenage nippers at the back against one of the most potent attacks in Europe. . . . . And Sagna.
Delph looked comfortable while he was on.
Anything else we learned? Sagna is remarkably lucky to be earning a wage as a footballer. Fern 2 still isn't good enough. Nasri is going to be a waste of a shirt again this season.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh Yeah. And Dzeko can take 'looking disinterested' to new levels.
Well done Sir!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:10 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Oh Yeah. And Dzeko can take 'looking disinterested' to new levels.
Well done Sir!

Nasri is a bigger pussy than Petroc, how has he avoided your wrath??
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:There were some good things in the game. Deneyer was pretty good. Yaya looked strong. Silva too. Sterling is gonna be a star for us. ( he mustn't turn into Ashley Young or Stevie Meeee with the diving mind)
I wouldn't worry too much about the score. We played two teenage nippers at the back against one of the most potent attacks in Europe. . . . . And Sagna.
Delph looked comfortable while he was on.
Anything else we learned? Sagna is remarkably lucky to be earning a wage as a footballer. Fern 2 still isn't good enough. Nasri is going to be a waste of a shirt again this season.

I thought Sagna was way better than his colleague on the left back.

Yaya was good in the first half, but kept losing possession too easily in the second, falling on his arse over and over again.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:48 pm

I caught the second half as well. Saw some decent spells, but no end product from Navas again, and I also recall Yaya losing the ball repeatedly. I think after he did it a couple of possessions in a row he was taken off. Very excited about Raheem, but the booing...good lawd. If that happens when we're back in England...sheesh. Why do Oz fans care so much about this??

Our problem with injuries hurting us again, which is frustrating. Shame for Delph. Didn't realise Mangala was hurt (sick?). Dzeko looked like a kid being forced to go to the National Gallery by his mum.

Hard to believe there's only 2 weeks until the season begins. A little worrying, but not panic inducing.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:50 am

should Delph have played? didn't he just join up with the squad?
Manuel sat Sterling out of the Melbourne match because he had just arrived.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:22 am

phips wrote:should Delph have played? didn't he just join up with the squad?
Manuel sat Sterling out of the Melbourne match because he had just arrived.

No. What a colossal fuckup by the Count. Makes me want to stop following City and support say Wolfsburg or Dortmund.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:28 am

Blue Blood wrote:

Is that a Spinal Tap eleven?

VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum