Expectations for the coming season - poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What are your expectations of the coming season?

PL - Champions
24%
PL - 2nd
5%
PL - 3rd
3%
PL - 4th
1%
Cup - Not bothered about the cups
1%
Cup - A decent run in at least 1 cup
12%
Cup - Win a domestic cup
20%
CL - Don't care
1%
CL - Qualify from group
3%
CL - Win group
1%
CL - Reach QF
15%
CL - Reach SF
10%
CL - Reach Final
1%
CL - Champions
1%

Total votes : 320

Re: Expectations for the coming season - poll

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:49 am

Rags will be a lot tougher this time out, but Arsenal won't.

City to win the league, FA Cup and semi's of the CL.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:16 am

i want to be in the hunt for the league until the end at the very least ... think we should aim to win it ... obviously.

Want at least 1 domestic cup, and I want a deep run in the CL, I think we should aim for the semi's.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 am

We haven't solved the problems of last season. In fact we look worse than ever defending set pieces.
On the other hand, I never thought Chelsea looked earth shattering last season. I don't think the shite have done enough so far to make them title contenders.
I fancy a Wembley weekend again.
Oh and until we win a CL group we will face a big barrier getting past the last 16. Could see us losing to Bayern/Barca/ Madrid again at the same stage.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:21 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We haven't solved the problems of last season. In fact we look worse than ever defending set pieces.
On the other hand, I never thought Chelsea looked earth shattering last season. I don't think the White have done enough so far to make them title contenders.
Oh and until we win a CL group we will face a big barrier getting past the last 16. Could see us losing to Bayern/Barca/ Madrid again at the same stage.

Agree on this. I know it's preseason and all that, but to me that Real game was quite worrying. It really showed us the same lethargic City team as last season (as soon as Delph went off). We undoubtedly have loads of quality in the squad but sometimes we seem to lack bottle. I hope Kompany, Yaya and other key players step up to the plate this season, and make sure we fight for it all through to the finish line.

I want a good go at the league title, a win in a Domestic cup and improvement in the CL.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Bluedj » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 am

mr_nool wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We haven't solved the problems of last season. In fact we look worse than ever defending set pieces.
On the other hand, I never thought Chelsea looked earth shattering last season. I don't think the White have done enough so far to make them title contenders.

Agree on this. I know it's preseason and all that, but to me that Real game was quite worrying. It really showed us the same lethargic City team as last season (as soon as Delph went off). We undoubtedly have loads of quality in the squad but sometimes we seem to lack bottle. I hope Kompany, Yaya and other key players step up to the plate this season, and make sure we fight for it all through to the finish line.

I want a good go at the league title, a win in a Domestic cup and improvement in the CL.

This is my fear too, thats why I feel we need to strengthen the midfield, we need a General in there to give us some steel, and, the set pieces which I mentioned before
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:22 am

Premier League Title again , 1 domestic cup and QF in CL . That wil be just fine with me :-) :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Wheres the quadruple? I am not voting if its not going to be realistic!

;-)
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Being a pessimistic so-and-so, I somehow can see us not managing to bring any more players in, in this transfer window.

On that basis, I don't think we have enough proven firepower overall and, because of this, the best I feel we can hope for is third place in the League.

I'd also like to see us put in a bit of a cup run (especially if we were to play a load of youngsters in the League Cup), in either of the two competitions and I'm not bothered about the Champions League because, in it's present format, it's totally fabricated and rigged against us; so much so that it's nothing more than a joke.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:42 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Being a pessimistic so-and-so, I somehow can see us not managing to bring any more players in, in this transfer window.

On that basis, I don't think we have enough proven firepower overall and, because of this, the best I feel we can hope for is third place in the League.

I'd also like to see us put in a bit of a cup run (especially if we were to play a load of youngsters in the League Cup), in either of the two competitions and I'm not bothered about the Champions League because, in it's present format, it's totally fabricated and rigged against us; so much so that it's nothing more than a joke.

Blimey that is a bit pessmimistic. I went for us winning the league simply based on what I see as potentially a more balanced squad with a bit more pace upfront, even if we don't sign anyone else. Totally agree with you on the CL, I really couldn't give a toss!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:55 pm

I also have expectations we will have blooded 3/4 EDS lads with hopefully 2 as regulars squad/first teamers.

I also expect to see more goals than last season and ideally a repeat of 2013/14
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:36 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Being a pessimistic so-and-so, I somehow can see us not managing to bring any more players in, in this transfer window.

Blimey that is a bit pessmimistic. I went for us winning the league simply based on what I see as potentially a more balanced squad with a bit more pace upfront, even if we don't sign anyone else. Totally agree with you on the CL, I really couldn't give a toss!

I wouldn't mind so much if, by the end of this coming season, we are judged to have had one that is indifferent, provided we play some nice football and continue to exhibit the flair and style that has now become our trademark.

Even the media, in spite of all the hate and other garbage they dish out towards us, can't fail to (grudgingly) admit that we do have flair and are the most attractive team to watch in the League.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:11 am

The guardian has predicted us to finish in 4th! They say it's an average of all writers, so I assume jamie fucktard jackson has us in for finishing 20th... or they've just completely lost the plot. They can't wait for us to fail, can they.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ester-city

I have no idea why so many people are predicting us to fall off so far. At least this gives us a no pressure and the ability to show the media's shite back down their throats.

IWe'll be suprising a lot of cunts this year.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:26 am

It will depend a lot of our january and february form. That is where we lost the title this year, i mean, look at our end of the season form in the 3 of our last 4 seasons.

I love when they write us off from the start, then we go to the swamp and murder them and we play the best football in the league. But most of all, i want Pellers to go out with a big trophy.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby MaineRoadblue » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Huge pressure will be on the squad to do well in the CL. Done abosolutely nothing in that tournament the past four seasons so im sure there wil expectations to get to at least the quarters or semi finals. Time for the likes of Kompany, SIlva, aguero, Toure etc to prove themselves at this level.

Hope we win at least one domestic cup making up for the disgracepul cup performances last season.

The league will be intersting as there will be four teams who will be definately thinking to themseles that they have a reat chance of winning it. Looks like we will be going into the season with just Delph as our only midfield signing which isnt ideal but a potential strikeforce of Aguero, Sterling, KDB and Silva is mouthwatering and im hoping will blow most teams away. If Pellegrini doesnt rotate, we keep a stable back four and Aguero stays fit I think we will win the league.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:48 am

Obviously the instructions for this were just too hard for some thick cunts to comprehend, as 6 people didn't bother to select anything other than a league outcome...........but with a week to go before the season starts, these are the scores on the doors. Like I said in the OP, it will be interesting to see how this changes over the next month as our final squad becomes known and we head towards the champions league and league cup draws.

League

Champions - 67%
2nd - 22%
3rd - 11%
4th - 0%

Domestic Cups
Win at least 1 - 57%
Decent run in 1 - 39%
Don't care - 4%

Champions League
Champions - 1%
Semi Final - 30%
Quarter Final - 46%
Win Group - 6%
Qualify from group 12%
Don't care - 5%

It's certainly interesting to see the percentage whom, despite only two new faces, feel we have what it takes to win the league. I've just revised my own opinion on that down to second after Kompany's performance yesterday......I think it's going to be career suicide for Pellegrini to stick with him, but I fear he will even though he did drop him towards the end of last season.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:54 pm

I've just altered one of my votes.

I've now changed us from finishing 3rd in the League, to finishing fourth.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Am keeping as is for now but I've a horrible feeling I will be revising my selections downwards after September 1st
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:56 am

I admit I'm quite surprised at the optimism about the champions league, with at least 75% thinking we will win a knockout game and reach at least the QF
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:04 am

ive gone for 3rd in league (with our present squad) it will change with some quality additions
1 domestic trophy
q/f of chumps lge
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:33 am

I fear this season is going to be all about staying in the top 4 and possibly a bit of silverware.

We have addressed none of the problems we had last season and at present I could see us going out of the group stages in the CL if the draw is not kind to us again. I don’t think the manager will be there next season and that will bring turmoil and allow the usual suspects to take their foot off the gas once the league is no longer winnable. Our signings and hopefully the addition of a few of our youths are sensible going forward but this season to me smacks of achieving the bare minimum to go again with a new manager soon.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum