***Community Shield: Arsenal v Chelsea***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Community Shield: Arsenal v Chelsea***

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Mourinho starting the season like he does every other season. Trying to portray that he is now a happy and decent person... this time by staying to shake every arsenal player's hand at the end.

As soon as his team hits the first dip, he'll be snarling and bitching all over the place.

He's so fucking predictable.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:47 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:i forgot how much i hate watching boring, boring Chelsea play

There seems to be a bit of a media 'campaign', at the moment, to present Chelsea's efforts of last season, in a more favourable light.

The current line of thought is that, up to Christmas they were swashbucking/exciting/scintillating (chose whichever adjective you want) but, after the holiday period, they had to adapt their style because of injuries etc. to ensure the League was safely won.

To my mind, even in their supposedly exciting spell where they scored a few goals, they were still pedestrian in how they approached each game.

It must be wonderful to be able to re-write and re-present history.

I think George Orwell called it 'newspeak'.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:47 pm

Ran out of handshakes when it came to Wenger though. Said he was stood where anyone who wanted to shake his hand would have gone. 1-1 for childishness.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

There seems to be a bit of a media 'campaign', at the moment, to present Chelsea's efforts of last season, in a more favourable light.

The current line of thought is that, up to Christmas they were swashbucking/exciting/scintillating (chose whichever adjective you want) but, after the holiday period, they had to adapt their style because of injuries etc. to ensure the League was safely won.

To my mind, even in their supposedly exciting spell where they scored a few goals, they were still pedestrian in how they approached each game.

I think George Orwell called it 'newspeak'.

“Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.”
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Arsenal to win the league....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Arsenal to win the league....

Well, by looking at their predictions, they are now 2nd or 3rd even though the bookies have it differently. Surprise, surprise, we're looking at forth, very similar to last season.

Just waiting for RatBoy 2's prediction, he was well on spot last season!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Well, by looking at their predictions, they are now 2nd or 3rd even though the bookies have it differently. Surprise, surprise, we're looking at forth, very similar to last season.

They will likely challenge, maybe even until after Easter, but ultimately the title will either remain where it is now or be coming back up the M6 to the Etihad
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

They will likely challenge, maybe even until after Easter, but ultimately the title will either remain where it is now or be coming back up the M6 to the Etihad

The latter the better.

As it stands I have:

Chelski
Us
Arse
Rags

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

the only one i can remember is that Everton match towards the beginning of the season. that was a cracker.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The latter the better.

As it stands I have:

Chelski
Us
Arse
Rags

i think top 4 order is a massive, massive toss up. I couldn't pretend to know who could knick it this season. Any of the 4 tbh. Any.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:50 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The latter the better.

As it stands I have:

Chelski
Us
Arse
Rags

i think top 4 order is a massive, massive toss up. I couldn't pretend to know who could knick it this season. Any of the 4 tbh. Any.

cheers

Flick the coin sunshine ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:44 pm

One of the bookies mentioned that we've been written off as making up the top 4(as 4th) for the last two seasons. He then predicted we'd win the league. Not sure I'm that confident but it's nice to see not everyone has their eyes closed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:16 am

Slim wrote:One of the bookies mentioned that we've been written off as making up the top 4(as 4th) for the last two seasons. He then predicted we'd win the league. Not sure I'm that confident but it's nice to see not everyone has their eyes closed.

i don't really hear anyone saying anything other than a Chelski repeat, followed by Rag love for them to run them close.

this has the promise to be the most exciting season since i started following the Prem about a decade ago now. I can't wait until shit gets kicked in anger. Today's Charity Shield whetted my appetite. Esp. for Jose-hating. I just despise the cunt. Lots.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum