Can;t fricking wait for MoTD tonight..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Can;t fricking wait for MoTD tonight..

Postby PaulieIrish » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:04 pm

Still giddy after such a huge performance. Moanihno's deluded post match interview is surely up for derision. Every time we've played these cunts in the last few years, they've parked the bus, we've been all over them, they sneak a goal and we heroically manage a draw.

About time real football wins the day. On such a high, and no better way to celebrate the opening of the new stand.

Another tough game against Everton next w/e, but boy do we look good right now. Onwards and upwards!
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Re: Can;t fricking wait for MoTD tonight..

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:33 pm

I wouldn't get too excited.

I will guarantee that the analysis will centre on unpunished 'fouls' from our players (whilst ignoring the fouls and dives by Chelsea players).
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby budfox » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Yep, the talk will be of red cards that "would have changed the game" and then something like "It should have been six if Aguero was at his best"

What there absolutely will not be is any kind of acceptance that we we 20-30% better than Chelsea and dominated the match from start to finish.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PaulieIrish » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:43 pm

PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby budfox » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:04 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:Liniker already out with this:

http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/16668/product ... ineker.png

Unbelievable. Switch the roles around over the first two games and it would be "Are City already out of the race?" and "Do Chelsea already have one hand on the title?"

Thing is though I do like Lineker as a bloke, yes his comments are very biased but my God he gave us some things to cheers in his day.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Just hope shearer isn't on.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:15 pm

budfox wrote:

Unbelievable. Switch the roles around over the first two games and it would be "Are City already out of the race?" and "Do Chelsea already have one hand on the title?"

Thing is though I do like Lineker as a bloke, yes his comments are very biased but my God he gave us some things to cheers in his day.

His tongue is firmly in his cheek (and he's about as passionate about Leicester as we are about City by the way).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Dameerto wrote:
budfox wrote:

His tongue is firmly in his cheek (and he's about as passionate about Leicester as we are about City by the way).

Yes, just a bit of fun from Lineker there, and to be fair the Foxes may well be tougher opponents than Jose's mob :-)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:26 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Just hope shearer isn't on.

I'd like to see Dion Dublin on, and the presenter ask him " so Dion, you had City to finish outside the top four. On a scale of one to ten, how much of a bell-end are you?"

And when Shearer does that smirk of his, the presenter just turns round and says you're no better, you thick, boring waste of space
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:32 pm

I believe Niall Quinn was in the studio today. Did he have anything positive to say?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tony P » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Come on. Everyone knows Salt'n'Lineker is a Leicester fan. Don't see anything bad at all in what he said.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I'd like to see Dion Dublin on, and the presenter ask him " so Dion, you had City to finish outside the top four. On a scale of one to ten, how much of a bell-end are you?"

And when Shearer does that smirk of his, the presenter just turns round and says you're no better, you thick, boring waste of space

Dion's too busy doing Homes Under the Hammer
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:24 pm

London Blue, miraculously, even Alan Shearer praised City, after this match! I wish that every City match could be like this one!
Here's a link to Shearer and Lineker's compliments, as a preview for MOTD:
Alan Shearer quote: "The champions have been well and truly beaten up in every department. Well played City."
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/16/ga ... ester-cit/?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby freshie » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:

You could swap Dion Dublin for David James
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PaulieIrish » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Unbelievable. They show Costa running up and elbowing Fern1, and then Fern's elbow hitting Costa when he cant possibly even see he's there. and the MotD spazzers call it a certain red. No mention that Costa should not even have been on the pitch at that stage...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby PaulieIrish » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:59 pm

OMG. 3 Arsenal players make Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC. 1 City player.

I guess we're totally over-reacting about beating the champions 3-0. Beating Palace 1-2 seems to be the new yeardstick...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33954348
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:28 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:OMG. 3 Arsenal players make Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC. 1 City player.

I guess we're totally over-reacting about beating the champions 3-0. Beating Palace 1-2 seems to be the new yeardstick...

Not one single forward in the league this weekend came close to Aguero in that first half display. Fernandinho had one of the games of his life too - Mangala ran Kompany close and only Kompany's goal to Mangala's missed chance separates them. Sagna had another excellent game and is probably keeping Zabba out on merit at the moment, Kolarov and Navas got some decent balls in from wide, Yaya was solid again, and Silva was his usual classy self. Garth Crooks is a blind idiot.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Well, Daniel Taylor of The Guardian did not make any excuses, wrote a fair assessment of what transpired, and correctly picked Fernandinho as MOTM:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... tch-report

Mourinho’s argument was that Chelsea were the better side in the second half and, perhaps for 25 minutes, they were. Yet the rest of the match leant heavily in City’s favour and the bumper crowd of 54,331 – on the day City opened the new, vertiginous South Stand – could also reflect on four presentable chances, all falling to Agüero, before the scoring started and John Terry’s afternoon turned into a personal ordeal.

Chelsea have a formidable [striker] of their own in Diego Costa but the difference between the two was laid bare here. Agüero spent the match trying to find a legitimate way past the Chelsea defence, always looking for space and an opportunity to draw back his shooting foot. Costa, on the other hand, seemed entirely preoccupied with winning free-kicks, throwing his hands in the air in barely plausible outrage and trying to pick fights that, for the most part, were only in his imagination.

He was entitled to be aggrieved by the clattering elbow that left him with a bandaged head towards the end of the first half and could easily have resulted in a red card for Fernandinho. Yet there has been a change in Costa since his hamstring problem flared up last season. His aggression can be a useful trait but it is reaching the point when it is his first tactic, and threatening only sporadically in more orthodox ways.

What Costa could not do was make any lasting impression on a City defence where Kompany looks more like his old self and Eliaquim Mangala seems far more comfortable than before. Yaya Touré looks rejuvenated and Raheem Sterling has given City a new way to penetrate defences on the left side of attack.

Uhhh...take that!

Also, across the pond, the NBC announcers did well today, including Tim Howard, for the American audience watching who have less reason to generate hate against our club and like to see quality football.

I'm delighted for Pellegrini, btw.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:19 am

PrezIke wrote:Well, Daniel Taylor of The Guardian did not make any excuses, wrote a fair assessment of what transpired, and correctly picked Fernandinho as MOTM:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... tch-report

Mourinho’s argument was that Chelsea were the better side in the second half and, perhaps for 25 minutes, they were. Yet the rest of the match leant heavily in City’s favour and the bumper crowd of 54,331 – on the day City opened the new, vertiginous South Stand – could also reflect on four presentable chances, all falling to Agüero, before the scoring started and John Terry’s afternoon turned into a personal ordeal.

Chelsea have a formidable [striker] of their own in Diego Costa but the difference between the two was laid bare here. Agüero spent the match trying to find a legitimate way past the Chelsea defence, always looking for space and an opportunity to draw back his shooting foot. Costa, on the other hand, seemed entirely preoccupied with winning free-kicks, throwing his hands in the air in barely plausible outrage and trying to pick fights that, for the most part, were only in his imagination.

He was entitled to be aggrieved by the clattering elbow that left him with a bandaged head towards the end of the first half and could easily have resulted in a red card for Fernandinho. Yet there has been a change in Costa since his hamstring problem flared up last season. His aggression can be a useful trait but it is reaching the point when it is his first tactic, and threatening only sporadically in more orthodox ways.

What Costa could not do was make any lasting impression on a City defence where Kompany looks more like his old self and Eliaquim Mangala seems far more comfortable than before. Yaya Touré looks rejuvenated and Raheem Sterling has given City a new way to penetrate defences on the left side of attack.

Uhhh...take that!

Also, across the pond, the NBC announcers did well today, including Tim Howard, for the American audience watching who have less reason to generate hate against our club and like to see quality football.

I'm delighted for Pellegrini, btw.

I watched it on NBC and when the Mourinho interview was over the English guy in the studio (don't know his name) was having none of it. Much prefer it to Sky.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:34 am

Dameerto wrote:
PaulieIrish wrote:OMG. 3 Arsenal players make Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC. 1 City player.

Not one single forward in the league this weekend came close to Aguero in that first half display. Fernandinho had one of the games of his life too - Mangala ran Kompany close and only Kompany's goal to Mangala's missed chance separates them. Sagna had another excellent game and is probably keeping Zabba out on merit at the moment, Kolarov and Navas got some decent balls in from wide, Yaya was solid again, and Silva was his usual classy self. Garth Crooks is a blind idiot.

Gareth Crooks is the worst pundit the BBC have. And that really is saying something when Shearer, Savage, Neville P and Lawro are resident there. Given a choice between Crooks and Owen I would actually plump for Owen. Only just, but Owen all the same
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum