The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:13 am

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:Fucking kills me , all these so called experts coming out saying what a fantastic appointment the shite have made 1\2the cunts have never heard of him before this . Fucking spin machine on full wash mode Wankers

According to my scouse mate, RAG Ralph invented the high press and taught klipperty it.

I guarantee you he'd never heard of the fella when we went for a pint last Sunday.

It was these boys that invented the high press -

Watch on youtube.com

indeed Mase, and it was an Englishman that invented the Trouser Press , of which the Bonzos sing.

On a serious note , most courses on Football in European Countries for coaching licenses, c, b and the A , are based on Dutch coaching experience and thinking. "GAG" etc.from the early seventies and still hold true today Peps implementation is an extention of this based on a higher fitness level.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:41 am

CTID Hants wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:Fucking kills me , all these so called experts coming out saying what a fantastic appointment the shite have made 1\2the cunts have never heard of him before this . Fucking spin machine on full wash mode Wankers

According to my scouse mate, RAG Ralph invented the high press and taught klipperty it.

I guarantee you he'd never heard of the fella when we went for a pint last Sunday.

Did you ask him the source?
I will respond to that. It's Wikipedia :lol:

I looked two days ago because I was curious where he ended after the Milan deal went silent and saw this:
Rangnick is credited with developing Gegenpressing,[18] whereby the team, after losing possession, immediately attempts to win back possession, rather than falling back to regroup
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:49 am

PeterParker wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

I looked two days ago because I was curious where he ended after the Milan deal went silent and saw this:
Rangnick is credited with developing Gegenpressing,[18] whereby the team, after losing possession, immediately attempts to win back possession, rather than falling back to regroup

Anyone can write and edit wiki .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:12 am

zuricity wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Anyone can write and edit wiki .

I think some deluded rag got ahead and wrote that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:03 pm

zuricity wrote:Anyone can write and edit wiki .
true, but revisions don't last long if not properly sourced, looking at the edit history there have been many reversions recently https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralf_Rangnick
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:36 pm

Well, Raggy Ralph is now officially at the wheel.
Will he be their savior, or will he keep us laughing for another 200 pages
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dimples » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Carragher & Keane arguing over why Ronaldo rejoined the Rags.
Keane saying he joined to win Cups not the PL or CL, Carragher saying Rags only signed him so he would not join City.
Keane was realistic in what they can win - the F.A Cup.
Gone is the 'this is Man Utd' and 'the Utd way' BS.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Love it, I really fcuking love it.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:43 pm

Dimples wrote:Carragher & Keane arguing over why Ronaldo rejoined the Rags.
Keane saying he joined to win Cups not the PL or CL, Carragher saying Rags only signed him so he would not join City.

I saw that argument, really heated, thought it nearly got to exchanging blows
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:10 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

I’d love to see Keane smack ‘spit the dog’ on live TV .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 am

How much would you pay to see it? I’m sure they could work something out, for charity, like.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

If he conked him proper, would all be forgiven ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:36 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

If he conked him proper, would all be forgiven ?

No
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:51 pm

Keane was talking shit. Ronaldo not brought in to win the league but win a cup :lol: That squad is good enough to challenge for the league and they’ve spent hundreds of millions. Carragher was correct, unfortunately.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Mase wrote:Keane was talking shit. Ronaldo not brought in to win the league but win a cup :lol: That squad is good enough to challenge for the league and they’ve spent hundreds of millions. Carragher was correct, unfortunately.

Keane used the wrong words in the heat of the argument for sure, but really what I'd imagine he meant was that Ronaldo was brought in to improve them (I knew he wouldn't BTW) and if they won the FA Cup and/or League Cup, that would have been an improvement under the hobbit.

Anyway, the main thing is that you can see how disgusted he is he is with the decision he made every passing game. This is going to blow up spectacularly because he's already losing it on the pitch (two definite red cards) and storms off it every game.

His last hoorah is going to be him exiting stage left instead of probably firing us to Champions league and league glory.

That must hurt like hell.

And he has Alex to thank for that
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:Keane was talking shit. Ronaldo not brought in to win the league but win a cup :lol: That squad is good enough to challenge for the league and they’ve spent hundreds of millions. Carragher was correct, unfortunately.

Keane used the wrong words in the heat of the argument for sure, but really what I'd imagine he meant was that Ronaldo was brought in to improve them (I knew he wouldn't BTW) and if they won the FA Cup and/or League Cup, that would have been an improvement under the hobbit.

Anyway, the main thing is that you can see how disgusted he is he is with the decision he made every passing game. This is going to blow up spectacularly because he's already losing it on the pitch (two definite red cards) and storms off it every game.

His last hoorah is going to be him exiting stage left instead of probably firing us to Champions league and league glory.

That must hurt like hell.

And he has Alex to thank for that

So glad he went there and fucked up what system they had. Over the past few seasons they’ve been helped in many respects but that was stemmed when Klopp brought up the fact that they get a penalty for fouling the opposition. Since then the helping hand has receded and, now with a player who adds only about 20% value in the modern pressing, high tempo game, which has left the Rags in their rightful mid-table place.

Keane is a cunt but he’s not far wrong with his emotional rants. He strikes me as a very honest person and fights his corner when pressed. Integrity is a very good trait, wankers dogs, on the other hand, is not.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:12 pm

Keane was completely wrong. Carragher said that Ronaldo was bought to stop City getting him. That’s correct. He’s also better than any player they have and with that squad they have and the money they’ve spent they should be challenging. No excuses.

Keane was talking absolute bollocks about “Ronaldo has been brought in to win us a cup” :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:01 pm

Mase wrote:Keane was completely wrong. Carragher said that Ronaldo was bought to stop City getting him. That’s correct. He’s also better than any player they have and with that squad they have and the money they’ve spent they should be challenging. No excuses.

Keane was talking absolute bollocks about “Ronaldo has been brought in to win us a cup” :lol:

I get what the Dog Wanker was saying and should be visual to all Blues. Winning trophies starts with the cups and that was his reason for saying it. What he says, even though he is abrasive, is because he really cares, more than he likes to admit. I class him as the old style club captain who will fight tooth and nail for his club, not scared to call out the prawn sandwich munchers and the likes of Neville, and Carragher for that matter, for the bullshit, self-serving shite that they spout.

You say that he is completely wrong but then say he is completely right, but just not in context. From my perspective we were never in for Ronaldo as he just doesn’t fit, it would’ve been a terrible call from the club.

To be fair, mate, I’m not going to argue with a Blue about the most arrogant Rag cunts I can think of. The pair of them are absolute wankers in my book that I would never defend unless it was to state an opinion about their integrity.

As I say to all my mates, stay frosty, life is about compromise not our sometimes fucked up opinion.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:03 am

Whatever your view on the Keane/Carragher spat, treat it as the comedy gold it is. Like Keane v Souness and Ratboy after the Derby. It’s hilarious to see the pundits falling out because they are hurting so bad that their once all conquering club are reduced to scrapping for the Wenger cup and hoping for an odd cup win. Whilst we have won half of the domestic trophies available since Bacon fucked off. And the last few years has also seen a resurgence from the dippers. So both their closest rivals are now miles ahead of them on the pitch, where it counts. And we have owners they can only dream about

And the best part is, it is only going to carry on in the same vein. The Ronaldo issue will surface more frequently with the new boss I’m sure, as will the rest of the under achieving squad. Happy days indeed
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:08 am

nottsblue wrote:Whatever your view on the Keane/Carragher spat, treat it as the comedy gold it is. Like Keane v Souness and Ratboy after the Derby. It’s hilarious to see the pundits falling out because they are hurting so bad that their once all conquering club are reduced to scrapping for the Wenger cup and hoping for an odd cup win. Whilst we have won half of the domestic trophies available since Bacon fucked off. And the last few years has also seen a resurgence from the dippers. So both their closest rivals are now miles ahead of them on the pitch, where it counts. And we have owners they can only dream about

And the best part is, it is only going to carry on in the same vein. The Ronaldo issue will surface more frequently with the new boss I’m sure, as will the rest of the under achieving squad. Happy days indeed

Nice.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:24 am

And a little aside, the new rag boss still hasn’t had a work permit agreed. Unlikely it won’t be as I’m sure there will be plenty of greased palms to facilitate it, but that would top the lot if the guy they wanted couldn’t actually do the job and they reverted back to Carrick.

More brilliant work from Woodward
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum