The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am

Wasn't sure where to put this but here seems as good a place as any. From Football365's mailbox today:

"The last email on this topic: What goes around, comes around
It’s cold, it’s wet (probably) and there is a team in Manchester who are bigger, better and putting their local neighbours firmly in their shadow. In fact it’s worse than that for the local neighbours. They are in a lot of trouble financially, their average attendance is so low they can’t fill a stand (nevermind a stadium), they have been relegated to the 2nd tier, players wages can’t be paid and club office staff are fearful for their jobs as Christmas is around the corner.

Then out of nowhere in steps a Knight in shining armour who gives the gives the club a loan. It’s enough money to cover player wages and also enough to give everyone at the club a nice Christmas bonus (a free large turkey for all) and the crisis is averted. The loan repayment was never discussed and in fact to this date it’s not been repaid.

A few weeks later though the problems are still there so the Knight steps back in, takes control of the club with another cash injection, this time it’s 10 times bigger than before and clears all the outstanding debts. After all he’s a wealthy businessman, who can afford this and, who just wants, “there to be sufficient room in Manchester for two good football clubs”

From this cash injection the club, that once was on the brink of bankruptcy, is now cash rich. They make great strides in bringing back the supporters with creative ticket pricing, they earn promotion back to the top tier, the rich owner buys a new training ground for the club and the clubs first Youth team is founded. The aim of that Youth team is to try to get as many Youth team players in the team as possible. The owner also successfully lobbies the Government to bring a train station close to the stadium in order to get fans to the ground easier from the large City on matchday.

Then disaster strikes as the stadium suddenly needs redevelopment (unconfirmed reports it was due to Uwe’s Grandad) however all is not lost as the big neighbours down the road respectfully offer use of their stadium whilst its rebuilt and then more good news as the local government hands out a grant to rebuild the stadium. The club returns to its home and slowly starts building history.

Now you’ll be easily forgiven to thinking that the above story is about Man City (apart from the Uwe’s Grandad part) as after all debts were cleared overnight and money was spent on facilities and youth set ups however this happened in 1931 and the Sugar Daddy businessman was James Gibson who I’m sure all Man United fans know as their Owner and Chairman from 1931 to 1951. Come on lads you know him after all he started the process that meant you’ve had a youth player in your matchday squad in every game since way back. For that fact alone you must remember that wealthy businessman who bought you and put you on the road to becoming giants.

So yes we’ve spent lots of money trying to catch up but we’re not the first and we won’t be the last. Man City are just doing what their neighbours did successfully many years ago so by my reckoning we’ve around another 50/60 years of this “City bought success”, “We did it the right way” from United fans before they completely forget about history.
Gavin"
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:43 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Wasn't sure where to put this but here seems as good a place as any. From Football365's mailbox today:

It’s cold, it’s wet (probably) and there is a team in Manchester who are bigger, better and putting their local neighbours firmly in their shadow. In fact it’s worse than that for the local neighbours. They are in a lot of trouble financially, their average attendance is so low they can’t fill a stand (nevermind a stadium), they have been relegated to the 2nd tier, players wages can’t be paid and club office staff are fearful for their jobs as Christmas is around the corner.

Then out of nowhere in steps a Knight in shining armour who gives the gives the club a loan. It’s enough money to cover player wages and also enough to give everyone at the club a nice Christmas bonus (a free large turkey for all) and the crisis is averted. The loan repayment was never discussed and in fact to this date it’s not been repaid.

A few weeks later though the problems are still there so the Knight steps back in, takes control of the club with another cash injection, this time it’s 10 times bigger than before and clears all the outstanding debts. After all he’s a wealthy businessman, who can afford this and, who just wants, “there to be sufficient room in Manchester for two good football clubs”

From this cash injection the club, that once was on the brink of bankruptcy, is now cash rich. They make great strides in bringing back the supporters with creative ticket pricing, they earn promotion back to the top tier, the rich owner buys a new training ground for the club and the clubs first Youth team is founded. The aim of that Youth team is to try to get as many Youth team players in the team as possible. The owner also successfully lobbies the Government to bring a train station close to the stadium in order to get fans to the ground easier from the large City on matchday.

Then disaster strikes as the stadium suddenly needs redevelopment (unconfirmed reports it was due to Uwe’s Grandad) however all is not lost as the big neighbours down the road respectfully offer use of their stadium whilst its rebuilt and then more good news as the local government hands out a grant to rebuild the stadium. The club returns to its home and slowly starts building history.

Now you’ll be easily forgiven to thinking that the above story is about Man City (apart from the Uwe’s Grandad part) as after all debts were cleared overnight and money was spent on facilities and youth set ups however this happened in 1931 and the Sugar Daddy businessman was James Gibson who I’m sure all Man United fans know as their Owner and Chairman from 1931 to 1951. Come on lads you know him after all he started the process that meant you’ve had a youth player in your matchday squad in every game since way back. For that fact alone you must remember that wealthy businessman who bought you and put you on the road to becoming giants.

So yes we’ve spent lots of money trying to catch up but we’re not the first and we won’t be the last. Man City are just doing what their neighbours did successfully many years ago so by my reckoning we’ve around another 50/60 years of this “City bought success”, “We did it the right way” from United fans before they completely forget about history.
Gavin"

Superb

Honestly thought after the first two paragraphs it was about Wardle!

Perhaps someone could email this to the dogging wife beater and Jamie Jackson et all.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Chinners wrote:That's one mixed up rag ranting on whilst wearing a New York City hat . . .

'It's killin' me dad'.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Wasn't sure where to put this but here seems as good a place as any. From Football365's mailbox today:

Gavin"

Superb

Honestly thought after the first two paragraphs it was about Wardle!

Perhaps someone could email this to the dogging wife beater and Jamie Jackson et all.

So did I
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm

It‘s been very cold at Old Trafford this week. It‘s been MINUS 11 the whole week.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 pm

zuricity wrote:It‘s been very cold at Old Trafford this week. It‘s been MINUS 11 the whole week.

nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:15 am

nottsblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:It‘s been very cold at Old Trafford this week. It‘s been MINUS 11 the whole week.

wierdly, not so far away in scousepool it‘s even MINUS 18 .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:50 am

Wasn’t it David Makin as well that put his money in to the club when we were fucked? Or was it definitely just Wardle?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby AG7 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!

Bristol City 2 - 1 Scum of the Earth

Wait, let me correct ...

Bristol City 2 - 1 Laughing Stock of the World
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby failsworthblue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:57 pm

I don't know why people disparage the Carabao cup, I think it is an excellent competition as shown by the clubs who have reached the semi-finals.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Tim777 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Here is the true gift that keeps on giving:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby PrezIke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 pm

"Please fecking please don't let City draw Bristol City in the semis. Give me Chelsea - City." - Utd fan
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Just wondering if tomorrows headlines will be about Maureen having a ruck about the Robin's being disrespectful by celebrating their win :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Justified logic » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Chuckle jnr. Smacked arse. :lol:
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm guessing there was no mention of the difference in the cost of the squads?....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:23 pm

Just seen Maureens post match on ch5, fuck me what a CUNT "I've won this cup what, four times already"

"they were lucky, blah blah, perhaps I should say but they are championship team... "
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Just seen the highlights on 5 and I must say, they're disrespectful cunts.

Joy to behold seeing them crying and watching Maureen make an absolute prick of himself. How proud must the Rag fans feel?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:53 pm

CTID Hants wrote:I'm guessing there was no mention of the difference in the cost of the squads?....

Fucking right there wasn't if it was us SKY would be wanking themselves silly...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:15 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just seen the highlights on 5 and I must say, they're disrespectful cunts.

Joy to behold seeing them crying and watching Maureen make an absolute prick of himself. How proud must the Rag fans feel?

I would think even the heirarchy ( how do you spell that) at the swamp will be appalled at his post match interview. The guy has zero class and proves it almost every time he opens his mouth
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum