The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby dazby » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Hahahaha!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:52 am

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-pogba-scholes-raiola-15053588

amazing

This really is.

Their entire fan base feels
like the look of Fergueson after we won the league in 2012.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:40 pm

All the rag fans who are disappointed with Mourinho and how the summer has gone should just Brighton up a bit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:45 am

nottsblue wrote:All the rag fans who are disappointed with Mourinho and how the summer has gone should just Brighton up a bit

Chortle.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:01 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:All the rag fans who are disappointed with Mourinho and how the summer has gone should just Brighton up a bit

Chortle.

Come Hardy, kiss me . . . .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Dipstick » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Scum share price at an all time high. Presumably because they won't be paying out any massive bonuses for winning the league!
It's good news, in a way, as things are going perfectly as far as the Glazers are concerned so hopefully they won't be taking any drastic actions any time soon.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Dipstick wrote:Scum share price at an all time high. Presumably because they won't be paying out any massive bonuses for winning the league!
It's good news, in a way, as things are going perfectly as far as the Glazers are concerned so hopefully they won't be taking any drastic actions any time soon.

Are they the new Arsenal?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dipstick wrote:Scum share price at an all time high. Presumably because they won't be paying out any massive bonuses for winning the league!

'In this life one thing counts
In the bank, large amounts'.....

"There has been no marquee signing, the star player wants out, the manager is disgruntled and the team have made a stuttering start to the Premier League season, yet Manchester United's value off the pitch continues to reach new heights."
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

"There has been no marquee signing, the star player wants out, the manager is disgruntled and the team have made a stuttering start to the Premier League season, yet Manchester United's value off the pitch continues to reach new heights."

because top 4 is their target?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:24 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

because top 4 is their target?

Computes! The USA Way for sure ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:47 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Strange you should say that, I was having the same conversation with a rag a day or two back.
And that's how it looks to me.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:25 pm

patrickblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Strange you should say that, I was having the same conversation with a rag a day or two back.

Gill made the claim a few years back that most overlooked. He stated that they had to challenge, not win things, to keep their customers happy. They've not won the league since, or challenged for that matter, since both Gill & Taggart moved on.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Gill made the claim a few years back that most overlooked. He stated that they had to challenge, not win things, to keep their customers happy. They've not won the league since, or challenged for that matter, since both Gill & Taggart moved on.

if you can stomach a browse on the ragcafe, you will see that it has dawned on quite a few of them that this is where they are going.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:43 pm

And meanwhile, it seems the rag fans are going to show their class with yet another aeroplane banner at Burnley.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:45 pm

patrickblue wrote:And meanwhile, it seems the rag fans are going to show their class with yet another aeroplane banner at Burnley.

"The banner, bearing the message “Ed Out - LUHG” - which means Love United, Hate Glazer - is due to be flown over Turf Moor when United face Burnley on Sunday week in protest at Woodward and the club’s controversial American owners."
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:14 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
patrickblue wrote:And meanwhile, it seems the rag fans are going to show their class with yet another aeroplane banner at Burnley.

"The banner, bearing the message “Ed Out - LUHG” - which means Love United, Hate Glazer - is due to be flown over Turf Moor when United face Burnley on Sunday week in protest at Woodward and the club’s controversial American owners."

Great stuff - blind to the problem that it is Mourinho who is the current problem, Woodward might not have brought in what the manager wanted, but equally he must be sick of bringing players in only for them to fail - a different manager in charge of that team I am sure would have the rags worrying less about Woodward or the Glaziers - anyway why aren't they all watching that team the fans set up, thought that was the whole point of it...
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

if you can stomach a browse on the ragcafe, you will see that it has dawned on quite a few of them that this is where they are going.

No thanks mate ;-)

I mentioned this to a few Rags at the time but they weren't having it, thinking Gill was talking about winning things. It dawned on them when I revisited it and now they understand where their club is at.

Such a shame.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Brilliant.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Great stuff - blind to the problem that it is Mourinho who is the current problem, Woodward might not have brought in what the manager wanted, but equally he must be sick of bringing players in only for them to fail - a different manager in charge of that team I am sure would have the rags worrying less about Woodward or the Glaziers - anyway why aren't they all watching that team the fans set up, thought that was the whole point of it...

Surely Woodward is as much to blame as Mourinho? He hired the manager knowing what his reputation was and what sort of players he prefers, ie short term fixes with experience, not young players with potential. If the management of Woodward and the Glazers want to base their transfer policy on younger players with a view to developing their potential, then they have employed the wrong manager and as such should replace him.
If they are happy with their managerial choice then they should back him. They can’t have it both ways.

I myself hope that both are stubborn as each other and the current malaise at the swamp carries on for years
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum