The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/man-united-need-to-get-over-the-fact-that-alex-ferguson-has-gone-it-is-never-going-to-be-the-same-41901354.html

The trouble for the shite is not that he has gone But that he is still there hanging around like a bad smell
Like the piss can he is ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:43 am

Apparently Rabiot and his mother are the most toxic combination left in football, following the demise of Mino Raiola. More trouble for the swamp.

As well as the little fallout with City I read a fair old list yeaterday of people they have upset, players, clubs, families

You couldn't script it better.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby stupot » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:08 am

PaulieIrish wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/man-united-need-to-get-over-the-fact-that-alex-ferguson-has-gone-it-is-never-going-to-be-the-same-41901354.html

If you read that article Hernandez says the only reason Baconface was so successful was that 7 out of 10 of his signings worked out well.
Pep's signed 24 that I can remember- if we take the flops as Mendy, Bravo, Angelino, Nolito, Steffan and Danilo and that's probably harsh on Danilo and Nolito it leaves 18 players - Ake, Torres, Cancelo, Jesus, Zinch, Sane, Rodri, Mahrez, Laporte, Stones, Silva, Walker, Gundo, Dias, Ederson plus this seasons 3 so if Haaland, Alvarez and Phillips work out and I'm pretty sure they will he's got a 75% success rate so even better than Fergie.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stupot » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:17 am

Plus Jack- deffo going to be a success
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:33 am

stupot wrote:

If you read that article Hernandez says the only reason Baconface was so successful was that 7 out of 10 of his signings worked out well.
Pep's signed 24 that I can remember- if we take the flops as Mendy, Bravo, Angelino, Nolito, Steffan and Danilo and that's probably harsh on Danilo and Nolito it leaves 18 players - Ake, Torres, Cancelo, Jesus, Zinch, Sane, Rodri, Mahrez, Laporte, Stones, Silva, Walker, Gundo, Dias, Ederson plus this seasons 3 so if Haaland, Alvarez and Phillips work out and I'm pretty sure they will he's got a 75% success rate so even better than Fergie.

No way 7/10 of Baconfaces signings were successful

I doubt it’s half and probably 4/10
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:37 am

nottsblue wrote:
stupot wrote:

I’ve always said he was lucky that he got Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and the Neville’s all come through at the same time. When has that happened in recent years for a club as big as United?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:06 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
stupot wrote:

I’ve always said he was lucky that he got Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and the Neville’s all come through at the same time. When has that happened in recent years for a club as big as United?

Whio can forget the legends that were Kleberson and Djemba Djemba? Dodgy keepers as well. He really did have some turkeys
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:28 am

That Bebe was the biggest one. His assistant got a bung for that one and no one said a thing!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:45 am

I’ve always said he was lucky that he got Giggs, Beckham, Scholes and the Neville’s all come through at the same time. When has that happened in recent years for a club as big as United?[/quote]

And all of those were pinched from other clubs' acadamies/youth teams...the yoonited way!!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:45 am

Mase wrote:That Bebe was the biggest one. His assistant got a bung for that one and no one said a thing!!

Ah yes, forgot him. Clear corruption, no action
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:33 pm

Mase wrote:That Bebe was the biggest one. His assistant got a bung for that one and no one said a thing!!

Anyone remember the MacDonalds kid Anderson? Spent more time there than he did at the swamp
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:00 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Ah yes, forgot him. Clear corruption, no action

I am STILL convinced that was a way of getting money into Portugal off the radar to pay off that Portugese guy who was the only person standing in the way of Gill's move into UEFA.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:16 pm

Rashford for PSG?

My sides are splitting. I wouldn't have him at Plymouth
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:50 pm

john@staustell wrote:Rashford for PSG?

Laughable
Never on the cards in a month of Sundays
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Laughable

Maybe school dinners need sorting out in France.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Laughable

He’s in his final year. His team are doing the usual put pressure on the Rags until they fold and offer £350k a week. Rooney had it down to a tee
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:54 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
stupot wrote:

The amazing Barca side maybe?

Hopefully City will be next
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:29 am

Surely the Rags are 14th and not 13th in the league as it stands right now. Points tally, goal diff the same as Everton. E comes before M in the Alphabet. I mean , Arsenal were top of the league over the summer . The Beeb and Daily Fail are fawning over Rags. Come on Brentford , do us all a favour.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:41 am

zuricity wrote:Surely the Rags are 14th and not 13th in the league as it stands right now. Points tally, goal diff the same as Everton. E comes before M in the Alphabet. I mean , Arsenal were top of the league over the summer . The Beeb and Daily Fail are fawning over Rags. Come on Brentford , do us all a favour.

After GD it goes on GS
Rags lost 2-1 while Everton lost 1-0
Same GD -1, but rags gave more goals scored
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:17 am

Placing my bets for this season... :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum