The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Dimples » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:36 am

Mo is a bollix. But he is an intelligent bollix. Everything with him is calculated and strategic. So I cannot understand his game with his recent interviews. They seem to be designed to piss off everybody he needs to survive I.e. the OT board, Bobby C, the players, etc...

Has he decided to leave and is now just preparing his exit strategy?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Justified logic » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:39 am

Dimples wrote:Mo is a bollix. But he is an intelligent bollix. Everything with him is calculated and strategic. So I cannot understand his game with his recent interviews. They seem to be designed to piss off everybody he needs to survive I.e. the OT board, Bobby C, the players, etc...

Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BookJunior » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:43 am

Justified logic wrote:
Dimples wrote:Mo is a bollix. But he is an intelligent bollix. Everything with him is calculated and strategic. So I cannot understand his game with his recent interviews. They seem to be designed to piss off everybody he needs to survive I.e. the OT board, Bobby C, the players, etc...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:56 am

For those of us that can stomach it there's some fantastic entertainment to be had on Blue, sorry RAG, Cafe. There was some talk of renaming it due to the amount they talk about City.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:06 am

I honestly don't think he is scheming, I think he's just under intense pressure that his egotistical attitude cannot cope with. He's already stated that he wants to be at a club for a longer time and even mentioned he's got more years to win more League Cups.

The money has spent he is expected to be at least challenging, not going for the runners up positions. Pep has made his club look chumps after all the closed season talk of them being favourite for the league, and his brand of football is now really in question - it's not the 'Rag Way'. Throw in a loss to a Championship team with a near full strength side then it brings him into the spotlight, even more. Fuck, they can't even complain that we've got an easy draw, there's nowhere to turn!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:32 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

I honestly don't think he is scheming, I think he's just under intense pressure that his egotistical attitude cannot cope with. He's already stated that he wants to be at a club for a longer time and even mentioned he's got more years to win more League Cups.

The money has spent he is expected to be at least challenging, not going for the runners up positions. Pep has made his club look chumps after all the closed season talk of them being favourite for the league, and his brand of football is now really in question - it's not the 'Rag Way'. Throw in a loss to a Championship team with a near full strength side then it brings him into the spotlight, even more. Fuck, they can't even complain that we've got an easy draw, there's nowhere to turn!

Beaten by a Championship team that seemed to be playing a brand of football, not unlike our own.
They have a manager who has been very complimentary about City's set up and the access he was given behind the scenes when he was at Oldham.
Granted United didn't shut up shop like they did against us, but it has to show other teams that playing football through them is the way to go, not shying away like shrinking violets.

Said it before. Mo will leave United in a worse state than he found them.
As for Bristol, really looking forward to a good game against a team who try to play.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:59 am

Mase wrote:Wasn’t it David Makin as well that put his money in to the club when we were fucked? Or was it definitely just Wardle?

lost a fortune according to this
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... urs-997435
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Beaten by a Championship team that seemed to be playing a brand of football, not unlike our own.
They have a manager who has been very complimentary about City's set up and the access he was given behind the scenes when he was at Oldham.
Granted United didn't shut up shop like they did against us, but it has to show other teams that playing football through them is the way to go, not shying away like shrinking violets.

As for Bristol, really looking forward to a good game against a team who try to play.

Don't let a Bristol City fan hear you calling them Bristol, they won't be best pleased.

Are they the only other side in England( as well as us) with City in their name that are not distinguishable by just their place name?

Leicester, Norwich, Birmingham etc. are all commonly referred to without City in their title.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Don't let a Bristol City fan hear you calling them Bristol, they won't be best pleased.

Are they the only other side in England( as well as us) with City in their name that are not distinguishable by just their place name?

Leicester, Norwich, Birmingham etc. are all commonly referred to without City in their title.

Not too many of them around my neck of the woods. I think I’m safe.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:24 am

we should play this over the tannoy in the build up when we play them at home

Watch on youtube.com
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby budfox » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:31 am

Same band did a song about their performance last night:

Watch on youtube.com
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby patrickblue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:49 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Wasn’t it David Makin as well that put his money in to the club when we were fucked? Or was it definitely just Wardle?

We owe them both a huge debt (no pun intended) along with imo, Stuart Pearce, who apart from very nearly boring me to death, kept us up with a totally crap team and no resources.
It's down to the three of them that we're where we are now.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:57 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:we should play this over the tannoy in the build up when we play them at home

Watch on youtube.com

I used to work with their drummer, Dinky Diamond.
And that's my sole claim to fame.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ShimmyShaker » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 am

patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

We owe them both a huge debt (no pun intended) along with imo, Stuart Pearce, who apart from very nearly boring me to death, kept us up with a totally crap team and no resources.

And Joey don't forget
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby patrickblue » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:14 am

ShimmyShaker wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

And Joey don't forget

I keep trying to forget that.
In all seriousness though, he was top scorer, with seven odd goals, scored in between brawls, so he did play his part.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Ha ha ha, Rags flight was cancelled last night so they had to get the bus, arriving back at about 0500 hrs this morning. Think about it, they could've got back from half a world a way in that time!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ha ha ha, Rags flight was cancelled last night so they had to get the bus, arriving back at about 0500 hrs this morning. Think about it, they could've got back from half a world a way in that time!

their short flight down there had to be diverted to cardiff due to fog in bristol
don't have much luck with planes do they???
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:44 pm

So, Maureen blamed his players but then doesn't blame them as they're professionals. Surely they'll want to play for the manager now!

"The reality is that the players that were on the pitch were the ones that were not in the last match," said Mourinho.

"They are the ones that are not going to be in the next match. I think they lost a good opportunity also to play semi-finals and also to have two more matches to play.

"But I don't want to blame the players at all because I think they were professional - it wasn't a case of 'we don't care about the game' or 'we don't have responsibility' or 'we don't have pride'.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Another manager did that recently - someone down near the bottom - blmaed the players and said they'd blown their chance. It's one thing to play a weak team but it's another to expect any individual to play in with 10 another 2nd-teamers and be expected to stand out - it's hopeless. To get a good look at a player you need to see how they do in amongst the first team, where everyone is hopefully doing the right thing.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby budfox » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Ha ha ha, Rags flight was cancelled last night so they had to get the bus, arriving back at about 0500 hrs this morning. Think about it, they could've got back from half a world a way in that time!

their short flight down there had to be diverted to cardiff due to fog in bristol
don't have much luck with planes do they???

Ouch.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum