The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Scatman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 pm

There was plenty of fuss being made about him before he left Juventus. Many on here would have been over the moon to sign him. It was only two years ago and it's pretty clear that it is the side he's playing in and the role he is being asked to perform that is making him look like a bad buy.

Course, he's off to Madrid so we'll never know, and there's probably far too much baggage and mental stuff going on, but I reckon Pep could turn him into a phenomenal player for us, whatever his best position is.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Scatman wrote:There was plenty of fuss being made about him before he left Juventus. Many on here would have been over the moon to sign him. It was only two years ago and it's pretty clear that it is the side he's playing in and the role he is being asked to perform that is making him look like a bad buy.

Course, he's off to Madrid so we'll never know, and there's probably far too much baggage and mental stuff going on, but I reckon Pep could turn him into a phenomenal player for us, whatever his best position is.

Hes a lazy cunt - Very difficult turning a lazy cunt into a team player that runs back and defends.

I dont rate him tbh.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Scatman wrote:There was plenty of fuss being made about him before he left Juventus. Many on here would have been over the moon to sign him. It was only two years ago and it's pretty clear that it is the side he's playing in and the role he is being asked to perform that is making him look like a bad buy.

Hes a lazy cunt - Very difficult turning a lazy cunt into a team player that runs back and defends.

I dont rate him tbh.

You talking about Sanè or Pogba...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I dont rate him tbh.

Talking about Kolorov.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I dont rate him tbh.

Talking about Kolorov.

Well thats not true and we both know it!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:52 am

Rags planning to put Pogba on 500 grand a week ; just imagine the dressing room atmosphere that's going to produce !
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sheblue » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Apparently Coutinho says he wont join the rags out of respect for the vermin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What he really means is that they are utter dog shit and no player in their right mind would go anywhere near them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm

sheblue wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Apparently Coutinho says he wont join the rags out of respect for the vermin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What he really means is that they are utter dog shit and no player in their right mind would go anywhere near them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a snub to the rags then :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PaulieIrish » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Rags also turning all mid/lower table players in 50m stars, but they still won't join them

Man Utd's £50m Wan-Bissaka bid rejected

So they get to try the eep the shit they have:
'Lukaku and Man Utd must find solution'
Mata set to stay at Man Utd
Man Utd expect Pogba to stay

hang on
Paul Pogba admits he is thinking of leaving Manchester United for 'new challenge'

Oh and
Man Utd fans top racism arrests list

What a beautiful mess :)
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:25 pm

GLAZERS AND WOODWARD OUT campaign has started , the rag cunts have had enough they want them out civil war has broken out at the swamp :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:56 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Rags planning to put Pogba on 500 grand a week ; just imagine the dressing room atmosphere that's going to produce !

Yes, Alexis will be thrown into a mega-sulk.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 am

Justified logic wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:Rags planning to put Pogba on 500 grand a week ; just imagine the dressing room atmosphere that's going to produce !

Yes, Alexis will be thrown into a mega-sulk.

Alexis is he still there?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Nobody on here picking up on the rag fans Glazers and Woodward out campaign then ??? It’s trending globally on social media . The rag worldwide fan base has become restless, will be interesting if it gathers pace the next week or so ........
Last edited by City64 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:45 pm

I though Ole said he was going to be ruthless this summer? Rags probably didn't expect that to mean signing Mata on a new deal and picking up players from lower divisions :lol:
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm

bigblue wrote:I though Ole said he was going to be ruthless this summer? Rags probably didn't expect that to mean signing Mata on a new deal and picking up players from lower divisions :lol:

Toothless Bigblue, toothless , not ruthless. :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:09 pm

City64 wrote:Nobody on here picking up on the rag fans Glazers and Woodward out campaign then ??? It’s trending globally on social media . The rag worldwide fan base has become restless, will be interesting if it gathers pace the next week or so ........

We need to start a Glazers & Woodward In Campaign Doing a great Job ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:12 pm

City64 wrote:Nobody on here picking up on the rag fans Glazers and Woodward out campaign then ??? It’s trending globally on social media . The rag worldwide fan base has become restless, will be interesting if it gathers pace the next week or so ........

Force them to sell their biggest cash cow and sack the bloke responsible for making them so profitable. Good luck with that.
Scatman

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:14 pm

PeterParker wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Selling Pogba would be the best move they will do this summer.
That fella is pure poison.

Also probably their best player.

Actually I don't think he is actually that good. I've watched him a bit since he came back in the premier and I can't understand what is the fuss about him. He is all over the place in the middle, loves to keep the ball more than necessary, doesn't track back that much in his position and gives away stupid faults. Agree that from time to time he has a pretty decent day, but that saids it all. He is not constant.

Plus always moans.
I don't think he could get near our squad. He is no where near Gundogan, who, I consider to be our weakest midfielder. And that saids a lot of how Good our middle is if Gundo, a fella with his stats is miles better than Pogba.

That's the whole point though. He's obviously a class act in the right set up, but he's not very good for the rags because of the way they're using him, so he sulks.
It's a vicious circle.

Long may it last.

What do you think is his best position? Box To box? A more Fernie type?

I really wouldn't like to hazard a guess.
But seeing that he regularly played to world class standards in his previous side, and still does in internationals, it's pretty obvious that the rags aren't getting anything like the best out of him. They've managed pretty much the same with Sanchez.
There's something deeply wrong there, I personally believe that it's the culture of their commercial interests taking precedent over their football.
As I said before, long may it last
#vote Woodward
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Rags linked with Aubameyang. :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:35 am

According to this morning's Beeb gossip, OGS efforts to rebuild his squad are being held up because they are frustrating other clubs with a series of low offers (& Phil Jones) for targets.

How have the mighty fallen :D :D :D
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum