The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Do the Chavs get a sell on fee for him?
We shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end.
We shall never surrender!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:55 pm

One of my chums told me last night that, a week or more ago, he had seen some sort of analysis in which the average cost of a season ticket was divided by the number of goals scored (at home in the League) by Premier League teams, to give a pseudo table of the worst offenders/value for money.

It's all a bit contrived and I don't know how viable it is but, perhaps unsurprisingly, Arsenal were the worst placed in number one slot, followed by Tottingham and then the Scum in third place.

I thought the Scum in third spot was questionable as, to my mind, they should have been competing for the first place but, interestingly (or not), Southampton were in fourth place, followed by West Ham in fifth.

He didn't know where City were placed in any such list but I just hope that, next season, we score so many goals that if this analysis were to be repeated, we end up in bottom place.
Mikhail Chigorin
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:One of my chums told me last night that, a week or more ago, he had seen some sort of analysis in which the average cost of a season ticket was divided by the number of goals scored (at home in the League) by Premier League teams, to give a pseudo table of the worst offenders/value for money.

It's all a bit contrived and I don't know how viable it is but, perhaps unsurprisingly, Arsenal were the worst placed in number one slot, followed by Tottingham and then the Scum in third place.

I thought the Scum in third spot was questionable as, to my mind, they should have been competing for the first place but, interestingly (or not), Southampton were in fourth place, followed by West Ham in fifth.

He didn't know where City were placed in any such list but I just hope that, next season, we score so many goals that if this analysis were to be repeated, we end up in bottom place.


Table can be found here MC


http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball ... p?a=582353

Original article table is based on is here

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... tgalleries
Foreverinbluedreams
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5900
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:One of my chums told me last night that, a week or more ago, he had seen some sort of analysis in which the average cost of a season ticket was divided by the number of goals scored (at home in the League) by Premier League teams, to give a pseudo table of the worst offenders/value for money.

It's all a bit contrived and I don't know how viable it is but, perhaps unsurprisingly, Arsenal were the worst placed in number one slot, followed by Tottingham and then the Scum in third place.

I thought the Scum in third spot was questionable as, to my mind, they should have been competing for the first place but, interestingly (or not), Southampton were in fourth place, followed by West Ham in fifth.

He didn't know where City were placed in any such list but I just hope that, next season, we score so many goals that if this analysis were to be repeated, we end up in bottom place.


Table can be found here MC


http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball ... p?a=582353

Original article table is based on is here

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... tgalleries


Thanks FIBD.

My chum couldn't remember where he'd seen it but, since he's a Newcastle fan, it's quite understandable.
Mikhail Chigorin
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Lukaku set to snub United for Chelsea...
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Nueva York
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zhay-zeus

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:52 pm

PrezIke wrote:Lukaku set to snub United for Chelsea...


£75 mill or face value £35 mill ?
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 pm

they really are the comedy club.

first pogba who they got rid of.

now lukaku who moureen got rid of.
Still here.
User avatar
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2226
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:13 am

Now reportedly £100m, which apparently Everton wanted for him, is the deal and why Chelsea will supposedly miss out.

£15m in easily met add ons + £10m rated Shrek

More than Pogba. Amazing.
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: Nueva York
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zhay-zeus

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:12 am

Image


I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
User avatar
CuteMancs
Balotelli's Fireworks Party
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:24 am
Location: Surbiton, Surrey
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:43 am

CuteMancs wrote:Good start to life as a rag...

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/08/romelu-lu ... -arrested/


I stopped reading after "Romelu Lukaku -- one of the best soccer players in the world" :lol:
Image
User avatar
Mase
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14208
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:One of my chums told me last night that, a week or more ago, he had seen some sort of analysis in which the average cost of a season ticket was divided by the number of goals scored (at home in the League) by Premier League teams, to give a pseudo table of the worst offenders/value for money.

It's all a bit contrived and I don't know how viable it is but, perhaps unsurprisingly, Arsenal were the worst placed in number one slot, followed by Tottingham and then the Scum in third place.

I thought the Scum in third spot was questionable as, to my mind, they should have been competing for the first place but, interestingly (or not), Southampton were in fourth place, followed by West Ham in fifth.

He didn't know where City were placed in any such list but I just hope that, next season, we score so many goals that if this analysis were to be repeated, we end up in bottom place.


Table can be found here MC


http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball ... p?a=582353

Original article table is based on is here

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... tgalleries


Thanks FIBD.

My chum couldn't remember where he'd seen it but, since he's a Newcastle fan, it's quite understandable.

:lol: Hull and Sunderland fans got value for money then. Boro fans must have felt diddled though.
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:00 am

PrezIke wrote:Now reportedly £100m, which apparently Everton wanted for him, is the deal and why Chelsea will supposedly miss out.

£15m in easily met add ons + £10m rated Shrek

More than Pogba. Amazing.

It's now the new currency, the Lukaku.

From the Guardian...

Even by Friday night, however, Chelsea had feared Lukaku’s representative, Mino Raiola, was intent on pushing his client towards Old Trafford, where he successfully moved Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic last summer. The London club, when submitting their bid, had indicated they were unprepared to match the agent fee – apparently amounting to eight figures – on offer to Raiola from United and, instead, felt as if they had presented Lukaku with a simple choice: push to join the club for whom he had initially been so anxious to play again, albeit against his agent’s financial interest; or sign for United in the knowledge Raiola will secure a bigger fee from the deal.

Raiola must have seen Woodwood coming.
Justified logic
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Our man in the muddle
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:55 am

City64 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Lukaku set to snub United for Chelsea...


£75 mill or face value £35 mill ?

No, Everton are having to pay £75 million.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6045
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:27 am

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Now reportedly £100m, which apparently Everton wanted for him, is the deal and why Chelsea will supposedly miss out.

£15m in easily met add ons + £10m rated Shrek

More than Pogba. Amazing.

It's now the new currency, the Lukaku.

From the Guardian...

Even by Friday night, however, Chelsea had feared Lukaku’s representative, Mino Raiola, was intent on pushing his client towards Old Trafford, where he successfully moved Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic last summer. The London club, when submitting their bid, had indicated they were unprepared to match the agent fee – apparently amounting to eight figures – on offer to Raiola from United and, instead, felt as if they had presented Lukaku with a simple choice: push to join the club for whom he had initially been so anxious to play again, albeit against his agent’s financial interest; or sign for United in the knowledge Raiola will secure a bigger fee from the deal.

Raiola must have seen Woodwood coming.


New question on the Primary School Curriculum; "how many Pogbas are there in a Lukaku ?" Answer :- "One plus one Shrek".
Mikhail Chigorin
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:37 pm
Location: Lost in the variations of the King's Gambit
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby zuricity » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:51 am

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Now reportedly £100m, which apparently Everton wanted for him, is the deal and why Chelsea will supposedly miss out.

£15m in easily met add ons + £10m rated Shrek

More than Pogba. Amazing.

It's now the new currency, the Lukaku.

From the Guardian...

Even by Friday night, however, Chelsea had feared Lukaku’s representative, Mino Raiola, was intent on pushing his client towards Old Trafford, where he successfully moved Pogba, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic last summer. The London club, when submitting their bid, had indicated they were unprepared to match the agent fee – apparently amounting to eight figures – on offer to Raiola from United and, instead, felt as if they had presented Lukaku with a simple choice: push to join the club for whom he had initially been so anxious to play again, albeit against his agent’s financial interest; or sign for United in the knowledge Raiola will secure a bigger fee from the deal.

Raiola must have seen Woodwood coming.



He probably did and knows what his piece of the pie is, hence the large fee.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9033
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:17 pm

Image
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19511
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Image

Superb statistic
nottsblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10673
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Obviously no value in the market.

This is great though, they're buying a team of mercenaries.

And there's me thinking everyone just wants to play for the badge!

The great manu, a bunch of mercenaries playing Pulis hoofball.

Wankers.
We shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end.
We shall never surrender!
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Image

Superb statistic


Even better - the rags have spent more on agent fees for lukaku and pogba's transfers than we spend in total for Aguero and G Jesus!
User avatar
bigblue
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7155
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Lukaku has been arrested in the USA , too much partying in LA by the sound of things . Yes he really has ! :lol:
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bluedj, blues2win, BoffinBlue, carolina-blue, CTID Hants, CuteMancs, Exabot [Bot], Foreverinbluedreams, Google [Bot], johnnyondioline, MUS, nottsblue, Piccsnumberoneblue, Yahoo Slurp [Bot], Yukscore and 48 guests