The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby patrickblue » Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 am

Quite surprised this hasn't been posted.

Watch on youtube.com
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri May 27, 2022 11:37 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Even the beeb are taking the piss out of the rags - :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... where.html

@patrickblue yeah posted a couple of days ago
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 29, 2022 1:53 pm

Sad news. Wreck it Ralf is on his bike. The clown is dead, long live the clown

Rangnick will not take up Man Utd consultancy role'

https://www.skysports.com/share/12623642
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 29, 2022 2:46 pm

john@staustell wrote:Sad news. Wreck it Ralf is on his bike. The clown is dead, long live the clown

I think that was always due to happen as soon as raggy Ralph realised the only one with a say is Taggart.

I get the impression Rangnick went there under the illusion it should be a reasonably easy task to get the side under control and playing well. After all, they're rich, have a world class team (on paper) and huge following. Then he could go upstairs for a cushy job for life as the conquering hero.

He failed miserably, and I for one am convinced it's because ol red nose is still calling the shots.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun May 29, 2022 3:25 pm

patrickblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Sad news. Wreck it Ralf is on his bike. The clown is dead, long live the clown

I think that was always due to happen as soon as raggy Ralph realised the only one with a say is Taggart.

I get the impression Rangnick went there under the illusion it should be a reasonably easy task to get the side under control and playing well. After all, they're rich, have a world class team (on paper) and huge following. Then he could go upstairs for a cushy job for life as the conquering hero.

He failed miserably, and I for one am convinced it's because ol red nose is still calling the shots.

This reminds me when Busby retired as manager and went upstairs, they went through quite a few managers and there was a thought back then that while Busby was there he was influential and the manager was not totally in control
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This reminds me when Busby retired as manager and went upstairs, they went through quite a few managers and there was a thought back then that while Busby was there he was influential and the manager was not totally in control

Busby even kept the managers office and the new manager has to move to a makeshift office. A cleaning club the story goes.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Ferguson still had an office and the ear of certain players. Toxic
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 29, 2022 3:46 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I think that's very true, and if you remember they had a similar run of hiring and firing managers, O'Farrel and Docherty are the two that immediately spring to mind. And Ferguson was only one game from the sack before he turned it round.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blues-clues » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:50 am

According to information put into the public domain by the Football Leaks website, which has never been contested at Old Trafford, Pogba's contract was a basic £7.75m-a-year. A loyalty bonus of £3.75m-a-year was also included. If United qualified for the Champions League, Pogba netted a further £1.85m. In addition, Pogba had a £3m-a-year image rights deal. Raiola himself was paid an astonishing £41m.

This on top of £89m transfer fee. Top business.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:29 am

patrickblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I think that's very true, and if you remember they had a similar run of hiring and firing managers, O'Farrel and Docherty are the two that immediately spring to mind. And Ferguson was only one game from the sack before he turned it round.

Correct, that game was Forest away in the cup, they won 1-0 and went on to win the cup, if they had lost that game he was out
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:59 am

patrickblue wrote:

I was under the impression that his 'consultancy' role was basically a tax avoidance measure, rather than a way for him to exert influence over future happenings. I thought there was something written about it at the time, but can't find an article now. However, looking through articles published around the time of his appointment, it's almost laughable to see what the predicted transfer kitty (and earmarked players) was!
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:26 am

IMG-20220603-WA0000.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:31 am

CTID Hants wrote:
IMG-20220603-WA0000.jpg

Chortle :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:49 am

Varane injured last night . Fawsten might need more cover for slabhead.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:30 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I was under the impression that his 'consultancy' role was basically a tax avoidance measure, rather than a way for him to exert influence over future happenings. I thought there was something written about it at the time, but can't find an article now. However, looking through articles published around the time of his appointment, it's almost laughable to see what the predicted transfer kitty (and earmarked players) was!

You quite possibly right, I don't remember seeing anything about it being a tax dodge, but either way the whole thing's descended into another Manu farce,
It's the new Yoonited way.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dimples » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Comedy gold, Daily Mail's Dom King talking to Ally McCoist re Salah resigning.
Both absolutely perplexed, 'why would he not sign a new contract?', 'he has everything he could possibly want at Liverpool', 'hopefully he will see sense'

He has a max of 4 years left at the very top level, he can double his salary elsewhere, Liverpooel tell him he is the best in the world but pay him average wages, they will dump him as soon as he starts to decline

Sounds to me like Salah is seeing sense and Liverpool don't like it.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:50 pm

Dimples wrote:Comedy gold, Daily Mail's Dom King talking to Ally McCoist re Salah resigning.
Both absolutely perplexed, 'why would he not sign a new contract?', 'he has everything he could possibly want at Liverpool', 'hopefully he will see sense'

He has a max of 4 years left at the very top level, he can double his salary elsewhere, Liverpooel tell him he is the best in the world but pay him average wages, they will dump him as soon as he starts to decline

He doesn’t owe Liverpool anything - they owe him! They got him for peanuts and he’s consistently been one of the best players in the world since he signed. They’ve also gotten away with paying him fuck all compared with the rest of the best in the world. If he wants to go and get a big payout then let him - they should know how it feels in that situation, they did the same with Milner.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:34 pm

Mase wrote:
Dimples wrote:Comedy gold, Daily Mail's Dom King talking to Ally McCoist re Salah resigning.

He doesn’t owe Liverpool anything - they owe him! They got him for peanuts and he’s consistently been one of the best players in the world since he signed. They’ve also gotten away with paying him fuck all compared with the rest of the best in the world. If he wants to go and get a big payout then let him - they should know how it feels in that situation, they did the same with Milner.

Don't forget how it was reported that he had "committed himself" to the club for next season, according to the media.

If that was us, it would have been reported as "Salah to run contract down and leave on a free".

Funny old thing, the media
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:48 pm

Just watching the end of Winning Time and there's a part where the owner of the Celtics comes over to the owner of the Lakers and he has his plaques under his arm, boasting about winning exec of the year and the coach winning coach of the year.

Lakers owner says

"Well isn't that something, you guys won everything that doesn't count"

Kind of rings a bell :lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby john68 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:27 am

Just flicked through the Sjy Sports app and had to chuckle at the list of players that Sky have linked the rags with in this window.

Considering their current debt, the rags are listed as wanting;-
Frankie de Jong
Christaian Eriksen
Julian Timber
Milan Skriniar
Mason Mount
Corentin Tolisso
Darwin Nunez
Ruben Neves
Malcolm Ebiowei
Alessandro Bastoni
Declan Rice
Lisandro Martinez
Sergej Milinkovic Savic
Antony
Hakim Ziyech
Pau Torres
Konrad Laimer
Sven Botman
Wesley Fofana

It's reported that he has a tranfer fund of £120M.

A bit like going into Harrods with only a quid in your pocket for your weekly shop.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby salford city » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:34 am

Ten bob Hag or whatever his name is going to need to do some creative shopping with that amount of money. He has also lost / will continue to lose squad depth with the likes of Lingard, Mata going and need to replace them.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum