The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby Justified logic » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Chinners wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think we need to be objective here, the rags are not crap. Mourinho has built a very competent side based on his experience of the Premier League. Under normal circumstances, and despite today’s result, they would go on to win the league, especially as their physicality would tell in the final third of the season.

His problem is that Pep works to an entirely different paradigm: Pep is aiming not for a good Premier League side, but for the best team he can create with today’s players. Pep’s standard is a great international team, or even better than that, given that he is not constrained in his selections by nationality.

I expect us to win the league by a margin of 17/8 points and rags to finish a 'worthy' second.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I expect them to spawn their way to 4th place

Sadly I can't see them falling further than 4th. They have games coming up against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal at home, and us away of course, and going on past performances this season, those others are not consistent enough to wallop United. Would love it if they did of course.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Chinners wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think we need to be objective here, the rags are not crap. Mourinho has built a very competent side based on his experience of the Premier League. Under normal circumstances, and despite today’s result, they would go on to win the league, especially as their physicality would tell in the final third of the season.

His problem is that Pep works to an entirely different paradigm: Pep is aiming not for a good Premier League side, but for the best team he can create with today’s players. Pep’s standard is a great international team, or even better than that, given that he is not constrained in his selections by nationality.

I expect us to win the league by a margin of 17/8 points and rags to finish a 'worthy' second.

I expect them to spawn their way to 4th place

Oh dear Chinners.

If that transpires, it means that Mourinho will add yet another trophy (The WengerTrophy) to his burgeoning collection. :x :x
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Chopper » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Either 2nd place to keep the charade going or sixth to watch the critical mass occur. Either works for me.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Dimples » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Great post. Nail on the head.
Mo's team is better than all the rest. Only for us he would win the PL this season.
But there is no innovation. His team just do what everybody else does - only better. He is no innovator.

Cruyff was an innovator. He was Pep's mentor. Pep carries the baton for Cruyff's legacy.
Pep's innovation and therefore his team do not conform to what is already there. And so far it is better than what is already there.
Mo has done a decent job with the Rags. He has come up against something completely new and different. And so far the new is better.
Today it looked like the Rag players knew it was better. They seem to have thrown in the towel.

Time will tell if Mo can figure a way to beat our new style of play, playing the old way.
If not then he has to adapt and innovate to compete.
I cannot see him doing that.
His only route is PSG, a bucket load of money, buy the best there is and hope that is good enough.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:40 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43026710

Makes Sterlings miss not look as bad!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:42 pm

They may well do it. But I wouldn't be betting my house on the rags finishing 2nd. They have a lot to do.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Lol
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby frankswift » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

frankswift wrote:My rag co-worker has decided to work from home today.

The poor fellow must not be very well. He has decided to work from home today as well.
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:29 am

frankswift wrote:
frankswift wrote:My rag co-worker has decided to work from home today.

The poor fellow must not be very well. He has decided to work from home today as well.

I'd be having a word with HR and IT if I were you.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby kennyboy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/43026710

Makes Sterlings miss not look as bad!

What about Sanchez open goal agains toons :D fantastic!
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby freshie » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Idiot

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 pm

FROM MUEN :D :D :D :D :D

Kun Agüero has more goals (13) in 2018 than Alexis Sánchez, Lukaku, Martial, Lingard, Mata, Rashford and Pogba together (12).
9:35 AM - Feb 12, 2018 · Salford, England
carolina-blue

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Didn't know where else to put this.

We've arrived.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 pm

brite blu sky wrote:in the Daily Fail.. Souness BLASTS Pogba: 'He plays like a schoolboy running around in the playground...

So finally they have started to notice... he doesn't actually know what to do.

I hope the press start to pile pressure on now as a flop, he is the type that will get wound up by it, looks a fuclin mardarse to me.

To be fair to Souness, he doesn't rate Pogba and has said this since he's been here.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:05 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:in the Daily Fail.. Souness BLASTS Pogba: 'He plays like a schoolboy running around in the playground...

I hope the press start to pile pressure on now as a flop, he is the type that will get wound up by it, looks a fuclin mardarse to me.

To be fair to Souness, he doesn't rate Pogba and has said this since he's been here.

Before Pogba went back to United I thought he could have been our replacement for Yaya but he’s been massively underwhelming.

How much Mourinho’s tactics factor into this I’m not sure. But considering he was the most expensive player in the world when he signed he is well below expectations.

Add to that United also spent close to £90m on Lukaku, that’s a lot of money badly invested at this time.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 am

aaron bond wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Before Pogba went back to United I thought he could have been our replacement for Yaya but he’s been massively underwhelming.

How much Mourinho’s tactics factor into this I’m not sure. But considering he was the most expensive player in the world when he signed he is well below expectations.

Add to that United also spent close to £90m on Lukaku, that’s a lot of money badly invested at this time.

Wouldn't say he's been total rubbish - he's had some games where he's been excellent - maybe not world class , but still excellent - and other games where he's been simply anonymous. I'm reminded of a latter day Juan Veron, who blew hot/cold for two years until Whisky pulled the plug.
At the moment , I think he's fallen out - or is on the verge of it - with Agent Mourinho , and certainly seems to be sulking at the moment because he's not Top Boy like he thought he'd be , and Sanchez is on twice as much dosh as he is. As another poster said , probably won't last past next season.

The signs are good. Sanchez has upset the balance of the team, with already heated debate on the Caf as to whether his arrival actually strengthened or weakened the team ; it certainly seems to have affected morale and spirit. All this, just after signing a nice fat extension(. . .& I'm not talking about Ron Jeremi) - superb work, Agent Mourinho , who is emerging as one of our most talented field operatives.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am

Pogba would have been excellent with us under the perfect manager. Seems to me all is not well at the swamp. Maybe Sanchez has upset the balance ( if there ever was a balance) and Pogba's nose is out of joint.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:44 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pogba would have been excellent with us under the perfect manager. Seems to me all is not well at the swamp. Maybe Sanchez has upset the balance ( if there ever was a balance) and Pogba's nose is out of joint.

I keep saying this to a RAG at work. None of them ever seem happy, nobody smiles.

Awful, nasty club.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:48 am

john@staustell wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Pogba would have been excellent with us under the perfect manager. Seems to me all is not well at the swamp. Maybe Sanchez has upset the balance ( if there ever was a balance) and Pogba's nose is out of joint.

I keep saying this to a RAG at work. None of them ever seem happy, nobody smiles.

Awful, nasty club.

You only smile when you're dabbing, smile when you're dabbing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 am

Whats the excuse today?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum