MotM vs Watford

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MotM vs Watford

Hart
No votes
Sagna
21%
Kompany
No votes
Mangala
No votes
Kolarov
2%
Fernadinho
37%
Yaya
No votes
Silva
6%
Navas
No votes
Sterling
34%
Aguero
No votes
Nasri
No votes
Delph
No votes
Nacho Man
No votes

Total votes : 62

Re: MotM vs Watford

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:51 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:I would have Fernandinho, Sagna and Sterling share the MOTM, along with Nasri, who helped to unlock Watford and the goals, as soon as he was subbed on.

Nasri is wank, and didn't assist in any of the goals.

How could you have missed the fact, that the whole team looked immediately more threatening and effective, after Nasri replaced Navas? Within the first few minutes after the 2nd half restart and the changed formation, Sterling was able to score. Nasri had a great shot on target, blocked by Gomes and although there were no direct assists for him, he helped to unlock Watford, along with all the rest of the team.

Could've been the absence of Navas.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:06 am

Slim wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:I would have Fernandinho, Sagna and Sterling share the MOTM, along with Nasri, who helped to unlock Watford and the goals, as soon as he was subbed on.

How could you have missed the fact, that the whole team looked immediately more threatening and effective, after Nasri replaced Navas? Within the first few minutes after the 2nd half restart and the changed formation, Sterling was able to score. Nasri had a great shot on target, blocked by Gomes and although there were no direct assists for him, he helped to unlock Watford, along with all the rest of the team.

Could've been the absence of Navas.

A few minutes after Nasri joined the match against Everton, he chipped the ball over Tim Howard and scored. I choose to believe that it wasn't a coincidence that Sterling also scored, after Nasri added to the attack force. Nasri was not the only reason that the team worked more effectively in the 2nd half. But, I do think that today, Nasri's interplay with the rest of the team, was helpful and had a positive impact.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:17 am

I'm not disagreeing with you, but navas was the black hole of our attacking moves in the first half. The lack of that weight seemed to have everyone popping. Understandable imo as navas is about to be replaced as a starter in this side.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:47 am

Slim wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you, but navas was the black hole of our attacking moves in the first half. The lack of that weight seemed to have everyone popping. Understandable imo as navas is about to be replaced as a starter in this side.

KDB could actually fill in for a number of different players. So, I hope that Navas doesn't continue to let such obvious fear, ruin his future performances. Thankfully, Pellegrini didn't wait until the 60th-70th minute to make the necessary changes, like he often did, last season.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:23 am

Baccers for me.
Looks about 5 years younger & 200mph faster than last season - must be the haircut.
HM whole back 4,Fern & Raheem
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 am

Raheeeeeeeeeem for me ! His presence and quality gives us another dimension when playing teams like Watford who park the bus big time , another excellent performance from him and took the all important first goal very well .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:39 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:

he's just Image

..he mentioned earlier he didnt even watch the game.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:00 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:

he's just Image

I don't need to watch the full game to see who assisted in both goals.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:34 am

Mase wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:

he's just Image

no shit sherlock.

but Nasri was good, not wank and you would've noticed that had you actually watched the 2nd half
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:35 am

Mase wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:

he's just Image

but you need to watch the game to see how it works, oh and sterling MOTM for me
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:57 am

I wonder who voted for Kolarov.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:25 am

Fern No 1, The guy is on a mission!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
no shit sherlock.

but Nasri was good, not wank and you would've noticed that had you actually watched the 2nd half

I didn't say 'Nasri was wank..' though did I. I said 'Nasri is wank..' because he is.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Voted for Sagna this week.

Nasri is clearly putting in a lot more because of competition for places as he'd become the most complacent of all. Another positive effect of the Sterling and De Bruyne signings
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Mase wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
no shit sherlock.

I didn't say 'Nasri was wank..' though did I. I said 'Nasri is wank..' because he is.

Haha unbelievable !! Some guys are always the same -wank, guess if I'm talking about you or Nasri now.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:38 pm

Bleed_Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
no shit sherlock.

Haha unbelievable !! Some guys are always the same -wank, guess if I'm talking about you or Nasri now.

I feel as though you were trying your hardest to insult me. But you're either 12 or absolutely pissed off you face, so I find it funny.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum