Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:36 am

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Yes Nasri has let us down several times over the years and is soft as fuck on occasions but he is a class player when in the right frame of mind and to his credit put in a proper shift at Selhurst last Saturday when the squad was down to the bare bones in a tough game . There was a time when if he was on the receiving end of a bad tackle like the one from Hangeland he would have downed tools ............... he kept going and set up the last minute winner , full credit to him !

I take it you didn't read the above? The isn't whether he played well on Saturday or not, because he obviously did. It's about whether he's worth the risk tonight.

Can we rely on him in an important match tonight? Is it worth the gamble. When Dzeko was here he was similar. If he had his head in the right place he'd get us some important goals. But half the time he looked like he wasn't interested.

It was worth the gamble in the must-win Roma away match last season, mate. That is largely irrelevant now but he did come up with the goods when it was needed last season.

The problem with too many players is that they are not consistent enough. I am hoping the extra competition pushes Nasri on. He has done well when he has featured this season.

I am just glad it is not me who has got to make this decision. I'd personally go with Bony up top, with Silva behind and Navas and Sterling wide, effectively the same team that started the West Brom game. I think without Aguero, it is the best we have got. But having KDB and Nasri on the bench should push the other lads on.

Is Zuculini on the A list? He might get on the bench tonight, especially if either of the Ferns is not fit, with Delph already out.

On a different note, I think Jesus Navas deserves a vote of confidence from the manager. And fans.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 am

Brandon Barker was training with the 1st team yesterday. He is named as an over aged player in the UYL squad, however, as they are playing tonight I would have expected him to be training with them. I expect to see him on the bench for the 1st team tonight. Or maybe he was a precautionary trainer in case Fern1 silva sterling or nasri had a relaps.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:47 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:id like to see a bid for isco i think hes a great little player and ship out the french duke!!

If we manage to offload the French coward this window for me that'll be almost as good as signing Messi.

FFS Mase you are as biased against nasri as much as you are pro kolarov

If you search your own history of comments, you'll see that you've repeatedly called Nasri a coward, or a disappearing act, or wank. However, I only challenged your prejudices against Nasri, when you trashed his contributions, in matches you hadn't actually bothered to fully watch.

As you can see from this earlier thread, others have questioned why you dislike Nasri so much & wanted him to be transferred out of City. We are all simply debating the merits of a specific player... Please be assured that I don't hold gripes or grudges, against fellow City fans, because their opinions are different from mine.

Sorry that I can't be at the match and I hope you will have a great time there.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:20 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Yes Nasri has let us down several times over the years and is soft as fuck on occasions but he is a class player when in the right frame of mind and to his credit put in a proper shift at Selhurst last Saturday when the squad was down to the bare bones in a tough game . There was a time when if he was on the receiving end of a bad tackle like the one from Hangeland he would have downed tools ............... he kept going and set up the last minute winner , full credit to him !

I take it you didn't read the above? The isn't whether he played well on Saturday or not, because he obviously did. It's about whether he's worth the risk tonight.

Can we rely on him in an important match tonight? Is it worth the gamble. When Dzeko was here he was similar. If he had his head in the right place he'd get us some important goals. But half the time he looked like he wasn't interested.

It was worth the gamble in the must-win Roma away match last season, mate. That is largely irrelevant now but he did come up with the goods when it was needed last season.

Like I've said mate; we didn't have KDB or Sterling then.
I'd love it if Nasri had a blinder tonight and got the winner. Don't get me wrong. But I'd rather we start with KDB, Silva, and Sterling
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 am

dick dastardley wrote:Nasri played well saturday pretty near mom, but over the years hes gone missing in most games doesnt track back and overall pretty average, ship him out and bring in isco and we would have a world class player in a position that would suit him.

This.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:22 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I'd love it if Nasri had a blinder tonight and got the winner. Don't get me wrong. But I'd rather we start with KDB, Silva, and Sterling

Thought I heard on the radio this morning that Nasri might be carrying a slight knock.
Anyone else hear anything. If true, maybe you'll get your wish, for KDB Sterling and Silva.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:43 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Thought I heard on the radio this morning that Nasri might be carrying a slight knock.
Anyone else hear anything. If true, maybe you'll get your wish, for KDB Sterling and Silva.

Pellers said both Nasri and Little Fern have knocks and they'll be assessed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Watch on youtube.com

This very clever ad featuring Sergio Aguero made me smile... Whichever ad firm created this, did a fantastic job!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... w-10077775?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:28 pm

He shouldn't be allowed near our first team until he is 100% fit. There was no point in him being there today.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Mase wrote:He shouldn't be allowed near our first team until he is 100% fit. There was no point in him being there today.

Mase pal, surely you should know by now that the only downside to Aguero is that every injury normally means a few games playing time to get right.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mase wrote:He shouldn't be allowed near our first team until he is 100% fit. There was no point in him being there today.

Mase pal, surely you should know by now that the only downside to Aguero is that every injury normally means a few games playing time to get right.

Mate he didn't look fit one bit tonight. Surely it's better he doesn't play and recover properly than make it worse?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Mate he didn't look fit one bit tonight. Surely it's better he doesn't play and recover properly than make it worse?

Well I agree with you on this one Mase.
I know Bony isn't flavour of the month, but I'd play him fit rather than Kun who isn't and looks like he isn't confident to open up the legs at all.
Nacho could have come on for Bony then with 15-20 mins to go, without having to take Sterling off. I thought he was starting to link up with KDB very well.
The shape went again with ten minutes left and we stopped looking likely to score.

I thought starting with Kun and then keeping him on, took from our movement in that game.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Aguero was a waste of a shirt today. He should have gone off and pushed kolarov further up. Useless today.
Wonderwall

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Agree 100% with above posts RE Aguero . He is a shadow of the player we all know and love this season , misfiring and a yard off the pace , he just doesn't look right or fit plus Bony looks awfull ........ huge problems upfront to get right / sort out !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Shocking today. Really not in the game. Ridiculously he looks short of confidence somehow as if he doesn't expect to score. The Aguero of last season would have snaffled a hat trick today. I almost think I'd play him against Sunderland to see if could kick start his season with a couple of goals. Either that or tell him to have a few days off and come back Thursday raring to go
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:40 am

Nacho it up man
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:26 am

We've had this conversation before, in fact I'm sure there were some who'd have sold him - he'll be fine, give him time. What is worrying though is our reliance on him is becoming more & more crucial - up front on his own he has to perform & Bony has to do a lot more when he gets his opportunity - very underwhelmed by him - maybe Sergio should have stuck with the number 16
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:36 am

Dunnylad wrote:We've had this conversation before, in fact I'm sure there were some who'd have sold him - he'll be fine, give him time. What is worrying though is our reliance on him is becoming more & more crucial - up front on his own he has to perform & Bony has to do a lot more when he gets his opportunity - very underwhelmed by him - maybe Sergio should have stuck with the number 16

It is without doubt a huge worry , we need Aguero,s goals to succeed .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 am

I'm amazed you're all so surprised.

Track every comeback he's ever made, no matter how long or short the time out.
He droughts and then scores bucket loads. But he needs to play to clear the cobwebs. There is no other way.
And you're damn right we depend on him. Who wouldn't depend on the greatest striker in world football?
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:32 am

Aguero swing and miss for the ball to hit his standing leg yesterday just summed our day up.
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum