Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero

Postby C & C » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Simple answer....no reason to consider this for years from now.

Selling Aguero in the next few years sends the wrong message to the team, fans and about the "project".
C & C
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:18 pm

We would be fucled without Aguero.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Simpla answer is we do not need the cash, regardless of how obscene an amount that could be offered.

Haven't we been fucked over by RM when we needed/wanted one of theirs? (Not long after take over, fairly sure they dissed us).

By them not getting anyone decent in for 18 months, that should weaken them in CL so why would help them out in anyway shape or form
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mike J » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Simply wouldnt sell him. Yes he is injured a fair bit but when he is fit not many can touch him. What a fucking player. IF he can ever do a full season i reckon this lad can get 50 goals

I hope he stays to the end of his contract and sees out his remaining years as a player at Independiente
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Funnily enough?, I was thinking this when I saw the news about the Madrid clubs. They have made some overtures in Aguero's direction in the past and they have just over two weeks to sort out their team for the next 18 months. I can see there being more than a rumour but there is no way Sergio is leaving.

On the point of when is a good to e to cash in as he is not reliable??? I wrestle with that and counter argument myself. I honestly don't know.

IF we were to sell him, which I don't think we should, it would be when he there are signs that he's losing his speed. He might adapt to being a slower striker, he might not, but that'd be the time.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:51 pm

I hope he stays to the end of his contract and sees out his remaining years as a player at Independiente

Cannot provide a source for this as I don't recall where I read the interview, but I'm fairly certain that this is what he's said he'll do. There's no reason for him saying this if it's not his plan.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Aguero shouldn't leave until he well and truly cannot play at a club at the top top level anymore. That's years from now.

As frustrating as he can be injury wise he is still one of the top 5 strikers in world footy.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:01 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Cannot provide a source for this as I don't recall where I read the interview, but I'm fairly certain that this is what he's said he'll do. There's no reason for him saying this if it's not his plan.

"I have always said that I want to return to Independiente and I will do just that," Aguero told So Foot.

"I will return to Independiente when my contract with City expires.

"I do not want to make my comeback when I am too old. If everything goes well, I will return to the club of my heart at the age of 31."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2737955/ser ... rn-in-2019
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:09 pm

"I have always said that I want to return to Independiente and I will do just that," Aguero told So Foot.

"I do not want to make my comeback when I am too old. If everything goes well, I will return to the club of my heart at the age of 31."

And I bet you found these quotes in five seconds or something. I'm bad at the internet.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

And I bet you found these quotes in five seconds or something. I'm bad at the internet.

Nah Google found them for me ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:31 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Simpla answer is we do not need the cash, regardless of how obscene an amount that could be offered.

That's it basically. You don't sell your best players unless you (financially) have to. Replacing a world class player is incredibly hard even if you have £100m to do so. Just ask Spurs or Liverpool.

And considering the growth rate of our revenue and the improvement on the bottom line there is zero need to sell him.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:40 pm

I suggested this to a bloke behind me at Stole and he was ready to rip my head off ha ha.
Yes he is a great striker, prossibly the best I've ever seen, however, what if we can find a guy who will score goals AND be available every week? That has to be what we want.
However everybody at City adores him, the good looking, lethal, smiling, nice guy, goal scoring fucker
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:40 pm

I suggested this to a bloke behind me at Stole and he was ready to rip my head off ha ha.
Yes he is a great striker, prossibly the best I've ever seen, however, what if we can find a guy who will score goals AND be available every week? That has to be what we want.
However everybody at City adores him, the good looking, lethal, smiling, nice guy, goal scoring fucker
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Won't Madrid behave a bit better with us now the Sheiky has pumped a load of cash into their club?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I suggested this to a bloke behind me at Stole and he was ready to rip my head off ha ha.

You need to go and take a long hard look at yourself.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:47 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I suggested this to a bloke behind me at Stole and he was ready to rip my head off ha ha.

You need to go and take a long hard look at yourself.

He takes a good long look at his hard self quite often I think. Someone's gotta do it.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:02 pm

A few on here seem to have very short memories as just 2 months ago Sergio made a statement saying he would return to Argentina to finish his career in 3 or 4 years when his contract at MCFC ends .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:04 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Yepp that's the one !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:34 pm

I'd swap Aguero for Neymar. Theoretically of course

Both quality players but one spends more time on the pitch.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:37 pm

nottsblue wrote:I'd swap Aguero for Neymar. Theoretically of course

Both quality players but one spends more time on the pitch.

Neymar would go missing in the Premier League. Give me an Argie over a Brazilian any day.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum