FIFA scandal grows

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA scandal grows

Postby PeterParker » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:37 am

They can fuck off.

Fuck you Platini and your FFP.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:49 am

Well, that's Platini fucked. I wonder which corrupt official will be stepping into his shoes?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Well, that's Platini fucked. I wonder which corrupt official will be stepping into his shoes?

Probably Gill.

However I hope it's David Ginola for comedy value.
I think Figo will start to become more to the media fore now platini is suspended.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Well, that's Platini fucked. I wonder which corrupt official will be stepping into his shoes?

Probably Gill.

However I hope it's David Ginola for comedy value.
I think Figo will start to become more to the media fore now platini is suspended.

Sans grey hair, no doubt.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:16 pm

None of the candidates at the last election had much to recommend them other than not being Sepp. The fact that Sepp would win anyway probably discouraged others from coming forward. Hopefully that will be different this time.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Surely we can sue UEFA now for all the FFP corrupt shit ?? Really hoping Blatter and Platini end up behind bars the fat fucking bent bastards !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:40 pm

I just hope they lock up that horrible, fat, corrupt cunt Platini and show the whole world what he truly is.
But they need to make sure that whoever steps in is someone from the outside, not another corrupt fuck like David Gill or anyone else who worked under him, admiring his every move and backing the likes of Financial Play (I'm refusing the use the word "fair" any more, it doesn't make any sense).

This whole thing gives me a glimmer of hope that corruption may well be stifled, if not stamped out during my life time.

Fingers and toes crossed.
Original Dub

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:41 pm

City64 wrote:Surely we can sue UEFA now for all the FFP corrupt shit ?? Really hoping Blatter and Platini end up behind bars the fat fucking bent bastards !!!!

The club probably won't go that route. It's not allowed under the bylaws of FIFA. If we did sue UEFA through the normal courts then England could be banned from all international competitions. Could you imagine if that were to happen the backlash from the public and media? I know most of us wouldn't care about that. But some of our sponsors would because it would be damage to the brand we are trying to build.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bigblue » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:04 pm

Hopefully this will also blowback on Greg Dyke (and the FA), one of the most incompetent men I've seen in a public position. He was backing Blatter and Plantini up until a few days ago. The corrupt fucker continually opens his mouth without ever engaging his brain
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:26 pm

bigblue wrote:Hopefully this will also blowback on Greg Dyke (and the FA), one of the most incompetent men I've seen in a public position. He was backing Blatter and Plantini up until a few days ago. The corrupt fucker continually opens his mouth without ever engaging his brain

Typical fucking mune then.

JamieMCFC wrote:The club probably won't go that route. It's not allowed under the bylaws of FIFA. If we did sue UEFA through the normal courts then England could be banned from all international competitions. Could you imagine if that were to happen the backlash from the public and media? I know most of us wouldn't care about that. But some of our sponsors would because it would be damage to the brand we are trying to build.

Have you got a source for that, please, mate?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Hopefully this will also blowback on Greg Dyke (and the FA), one of the most incompetent men I've seen in a public position. He was backing Blatter and Plantini up until a few days ago. The corrupt fucker continually opens his mouth without ever engaging his brain

Typical fucking mune then.

JamieMCFC wrote:The club probably won't go that route. It's not allowed under the bylaws of FIFA. If we did sue UEFA through the normal courts then England could be banned from all international competitions. Could you imagine if that were to happen the backlash from the public and media? I know most of us wouldn't care about that. But some of our sponsors would because it would be damage to the brand we are trying to build.

Have you got a source for that, please, mate?

It looks like it is allowed on a limited basis. Not sure what those would be. Every time a suit has been brought by a club against their confederation or league. FIFA has threatened to ban their national team and the suit is quickly dropped.

68 Obligation
The Confederations, Members and Leagues shall agree to recognise CAS as
an independent judicial authority and to ensure that their members, affiliated
Players and Officials comply with the decisions passed by CAS. The same
obligation shall apply to intermediaries and licensed match agents.
Recourse to ordinary courts of law is prohibited unless specifically provided
for in the FIFA regulations. Recourse to ordinary courts of law for all types of
provisional measures is also prohibited.
The Associations shall insert a clause in their statutes or regulations, stipulating
that it is prohibited to take disputes in the Association or disputes affecting
Leagues, members of Leagues, Clubs, members of Clubs, Players, Officials and
other Association Officials to ordinary courts of law, unless the FIFA regulations
or binding legal provisions specifically provide for or stipulate recourse to
ordinary courts of law. Instead of recourse to ordinary courts of law, provision
shall be made for arbitration. Such disputes shall be taken to an independent
and duly constituted arbitration tribunal recognised under the rules of the
Association or Confederation or to CAS.
The Associations shall also ensure that this stipulation is implemented in the
Association, if necessary by imposing a binding obligation on its members.
The Associations shall impose sanctions on any party that fails to respect this
obligation and ensure that any appeal against such sanctions shall likewise be
strictly submitted to arbitration, and not to ordinary courts of law.

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/a ... eutral.pdf
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Its a pity David Bernstein isn't a bit younger he's 72, he would be a safe and trustworthy candidate. Gill 58 is still a director on United's board as well having positions in FA Uefa and Fifa.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:42 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:It looks like it is allowed on a limited basis. Not sure what those would be. Every time a suit has been brought by a club against their confederation or league. FIFA has threatened to ban their national team and the suit is quickly dropped.

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/a ... eutral.pdf

Thanks, Jamie!

So there is a (presumably independent, although with FIFA you never bloody know) arbitration system City could go to to get the money back, plus compensation.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:

Its a pity David Bernstein isn't a bit younger he's 72, he would be a safe and trustworthy candidate. Gill 58 is still a director on United's board as well having positions in FA Uefa and Fifa.

72?! Flipping eck I feel old now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:48 pm

BBC says Platini can't produce a contract for the 1.3 million payment.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:01 pm

It also says that Platini claimed the work was done between 1998 and 2002 and paid in 2011. Apparently under Swiss law you cannot claim under any contract written or oral after 5 years have elapsed.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:06 pm

blues2win wrote:It also says that Platini claimed the work was done between 1998 and 2002 and paid in 2011. Apparently under Swiss law you cannot claim under any contract written or oral after 5 years have elapsed.

They can't legally claim (with the weight of Swiss law behind them) after five years, and if there's no forensic trace of the deal in the first place (in the form of a contingency for future payment, or an invoice for services rendered etc) then their words are hollow and their time is up. Time to fuck off Blatter you fraud.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Today the FA suspended support for Platini's bid to replace Blatter:

FA statement read: "The FA wishes Mr Platini every success in fighting these charges and clearing his name, and has no interest in taking any action that jeopardises this process. "However, notwithstanding the above, at the Uefa meeting on Thursday, the FA learned more information relating to the issues at the centre of this case from Mr Platini's lawyers.

"We have been instructed that the information must be kept confidential and therefore we cannot go into specifics.

"As a result of learning this information, the FA Board has this morning concluded that it must suspend its support for Mr Platini's candidature for the Fifa presidency until the legal process has been concluded and the position is clear.

"A decision can then be taken on who to support in the presidential election on 26 February 2016."

UEFA continues to support Platini, saying he has to have the chance to clear his name, but a new contender has emerged in the race to lead Fifa - Asian Football Confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Today the FA suspended support for Platini's bid to replace Blatter:

FA statement read: "The FA wishes Mr Platini every success in fighting these charges and clearing his name, and has no interest in taking any action that jeopardises this process. "However, notwithstanding the above, at the Uefa meeting on Thursday, the FA learned more information relating to the issues at the centre of this case from Mr Platini's lawyers.

"We have been instructed that the information must be kept confidential and therefore we cannot go into specifics.

"As a result of learning this information, the FA Board has this morning concluded that it must suspend its support for Mr Platini's candidature for the Fifa presidency until the legal process has been concluded and the position is clear.

"A decision can then be taken on who to support in the presidential election on 26 February 2016."

UEFA continues to support Platini, saying he has to have the chance to clear his name, but a new contender has emerged in the race to lead Fifa - Asian Football Confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa.

He is a gonner thank God. I hope he serves time. I like the sound of Whiz Khalifa too
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Today the FA suspended support for Platini's bid to replace Blatter:

He is a gonner thank God. I hope he serves time. I like the sound of Whiz Khalifa too

Both FIFA and UEFA could do with a Sheik up.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum