FIFA scandal grows

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA scandal grows

Postby City64 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:56 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:Mr Blatter's lawyer, Richard Cullen, said his client was going nowhere until a successor is appointed in February 2016.

A statement said: "While Coca Cola is a valued sponsor of FIFA, Mr Blatter respectfully disagrees with its position and believes firmly that his leaving office now would not be in the best interest of FIFA nor would it advance the process of reform and therefore, he will not resign."

This cunt is unbelievable

The rest of the world respectfully disagrees with Mr. Blatter.

Agreed . What we can all see now is the whole world and marketing conglomerates have moved against septic bladder but the fucking prick still thinks he is more powerfull than anyone on this planet through his corrupt ness . His time thankfully is now very close to its end .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:11 am

City64 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
trueblue64 wrote:Mr Blatter's lawyer, Richard Cullen, said his client was going nowhere until a successor is appointed in February 2016.

A statement said: "While Coca Cola is a valued sponsor of FIFA, Mr Blatter respectfully disagrees with its position and believes firmly that his leaving office now would not be in the best interest of FIFA nor would it advance the process of reform and therefore, he will not resign."

Agreed . What we can all see now is the whole world and marketing conglomerates have moved against septic bladder but the fucking prick still thinks he is more powerfull than anyone on this planet through his corrupt ness . His time thankfully is now very close to its end .

The problem for him is that if he leaves he loses his protection. While in office he still has some modicum of control.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:15 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

The problem for him is that if he leaves he loses his protection. While in office he still has some modicum of control.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will go gracefully. I hope he lives long enough to take everyone with him, when he finally accepts he is gone.
I can see him squealing like a pig.
This could go all the way into UEFA and the individual FA's with a bit of luck.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:37 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will go gracefully. I hope he lives long enough to take everyone with him, when he finally accepts he is gone.

I agree and I think there are a lot of people in football around the world hoping he keeps schtumm, the British Isles included.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:04 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will go gracefully. I hope he lives long enough to take everyone with him, when he finally accepts he is gone.

I agree and I think there are a lot of people in football around the world hoping he keeps schtumm, the British Isles included.

Definitely mate.

Corruption is rife and anyone who doesn't think it exists right throughout game is blind or deluded.

Simple
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Sky reporting Platini's 1.3 million payment doesn't show up on FIFA's accounts. Over to you FIFA ethics committee.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:27 pm

blues2win wrote:Sky reporting Platini's 1.3 million payment doesn't show up on FIFA's accounts. Over to you FIFA ethics committee.

Of course it does, it's right there under 'Extraordinary Payments', footnote 26, 'Bribes and related payments to European Football Partners'.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Sepps been suspended..
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby blues2win » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Platini should be too if there's no record of the payment in FIFA's accounts
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:54 pm

zuricity wrote:Sepps been suspended..

'Provisionally suspended for 90 days' whatever that means. A final decision to be made on Friday by the head of Fifa's Ethics Committee (an oxymoron!).

In any case, the sharks are circling.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby blues2win » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Apparently a Judge has to ratify the decision tomorrow to allow the Committee to suspend. This does really look like the end for Blatter. Theoretically he could be reinstated after the 90 days are up for a month or two but that looks almost inconceivable.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Well as soon as you can't have a Big Mac , fries and a coca cola your pretty much fucked to be fair !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby gillie » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:47 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who will go gracefully. I hope he lives long enough to take everyone with him, when he finally accepts he is gone.

Eamonn I think the point you raise is the main reason he is still around a lot of world FA's are truly shitting themselves that the truth will come out and taint them also.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:44 pm

gillie wrote:

Eamonn I think the point you raise is the main reason he is still around a lot of world FA's are truly shitting themselves that the truth will come out and taint them also.

That's what I believe, Michael.
I reckon there's a lot of discussions going on about, 'how the funk do we handle this.'
If it was a case of him just having to step down quietly, he could be paid off, but with criminal charges against him, I can see him singing like a canary.
Get the popcorn ready.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:56 am

It's becoming obvious that the Platini payment was notified to the authorities by one of Blatters associates and once the question was asked of FIFA they had no alternative but to go down this route.

What amazed me is that it was reported that it could take longer than 90 days for them to ratify the suspension!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:28 am

The Beeb's article said it is likely to be ratified today.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:52 am

The Tages Anzeiger and the NZZ both report that a judge will determine the suspension today. So here's hoping !

Surely, UEFA must be considering action against Platini ? He has received money in an unauthorised way and from a dubious source (FIFA he he ! ).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby gillie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:33 am

zuricity wrote:The Tages Anzeiger and the NZZ both report that a judge will determine the suspension today. So here's hoping !

Surely, UEFA must be considering action against Platini ? He has received money in an unauthorised way and from a dubious source (FIFA he he ! ).

Zurich mate as our man on the ground so to speak what is public opinion on this in Switzerland?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 am

Blatter and Platini both suspended just announced
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 am

Blatter Platini and Valcke suspended for 90 days by the FIFA ethics committee.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum