FIFA scandal grows

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA scandal grows

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:45 am

zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:
blues2win wrote:Deadline for FIFA President nominations is next Monday. FIFA have now stated unless Platini's suspension is lifted by then he can't stand. Hard to see how the Court of Arbitration for Sport will clear him by then.

They also stated that if he is cleared,they will allow him to stand. Even though the time will have expired for applications. Well, that is how i understood the radio in Zuri last night.

He is being criminally investigated for something he admits happened and has said there was written contractual evidence to back up his payment claims. He then went back on what he said by saying it was a gentleman's verbal agreement. Why are they allowing this? It's a chance to clear the decks and get the organisation clean. However, I feel it will just replace the outgoing crooks with a set of new wiser crooks.

Disgraceful organisation.

Indeed this surprised me too when I heard it last night, because they have a deadline for entries. Yet somehow they seem to recognise that Fatinis request could still be upheld if he is cleared before the vote . So what good would that do ?

The sad fact about these events is that in any other circumstance people in Bladders or Fatinis roles would be recommended to resign. These two arrogant arses genuinely believe that they are above the rest (of us)

What's worse is platini's lack of humility and common sense to withdraw. If he gets OJ's lawyers on board and somehow escapes criminal punishment, he will still run for the top job. If the FA or anyone else vote for Platini they need shooting.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:19 am

"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:03 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:
blues2win wrote:Deadline for FIFA President nominations is next Monday. FIFA have now stated unless Platini's suspension is lifted by then he can't stand. Hard to see how the Court of Arbitration for Sport will clear him by then.

They also stated that if he is cleared,they will allow him to stand. Even though the time will have expired for applications. Well, that is how i understood the radio in Zuri last night.

He is being criminally investigated for something he admits happened and has said there was written contractual evidence to back up his payment claims. He then went back on what he said by saying it was a gentleman's verbal agreement. Why are they allowing this? It's a chance to clear the decks and get the organisation clean. However, I feel it will just replace the outgoing crooks with a set of new wiser crooks.

Indeed this surprised me too when I heard it last night, because they have a deadline for entries. Yet somehow they seem to recognise that Fatinis request could still be upheld if he is cleared before the vote . So what good would that do ?

The sad fact about these events is that in any other circumstance people in Bladders or Fatinis roles would be recommended to resign. These two arrogant arses genuinely believe that they are above the rest (of us)

What's worse is platini's lack of humility and common sense to withdraw. If he gets OJ's lawyers on board and somehow escapes criminal punishment, he will still run for the top job. If the FA or anyone else vote for Platini they need shooting.

Half of OJs legal team is dead. Barry Scheck is the DNA guy Platini will need to show that it was 'Arry's dog that actually deposited the check.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:

All it really indicates to anyone who's not blind is that the corruption runs deep into the core. You get the impression that the people who should be calling for the resignations of both Blatter and Platini are very much trying to protect their own asses.
If they hang them out to dry you can see the pair of them bringing the whole house of cards down. Everyone they've been in bed with over the years is vulnerable.
A lot of people do not want the extent of the corrupt underbelly of football to be delved into.
I'm just hoping that one or other of them gets jailed and they sing and start the ball rolling. There's no knowing where it would stop, if they could just get started.
It does feel like the noose is tightening around both necks. They both feel they know too much about everyone and that their friends in high places won't let them sink.
I think the cold reality of a prison cell would open a Pandora's box.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:45 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:

All it really indicates to anyone who's not blind is that the corruption runs deep into the core. You get the impression that the people who should be calling for the resignations of both Blatter and Platini are very much trying to protect their own asses.
If they hang them out to dry you can see the pair of them bringing the whole house of cards down. Everyone they've been in bed with over the years is vulnerable.
A lot of people do not want the extent of the corrupt underbelly of football to be delved into.
I'm just hoping that one or other of them gets jailed and they sing and start the ball rolling. There's no knowing where it would stop, if they could just get started.
It does feel like the noose is tightening around both necks. They both feel they know too much about everyone and that their friends in high places won't let them sink.
I think the cold reality of a prison cell would open a Pandora's box.

Indeed, on Monday the German news programs reported on Beckenbauer pointing out that contracts were paid out on behalf of the German FA's request to host the World Cup in 2006, but all was above board and open he said. Yeah Franz, given the surprise that the English FA had when Germany applied and got the World Cup. The "Gentleman's agreement" the major leagues had in Europe was ripped up by you guys. (The major countries had previously agreed to rotate and 2006 was England's turn to take on the World cup, until Germany rocked the boat).
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:27 pm

The Kaiser, is on the list of those being looked at. WHAT A FUCKIN SHOCKER !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby feedthegreek » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Blatter as been on Russian tv and said the Russian world cup was decided before a vote took place, also the one after was due to be in the USA, until platini voted for quatar and that changed evrything. Also said that's why Fbi got involved called them bad losers.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Having read the things that Bladder has just said today, i can only conclude that he doesn't have long to live.
Last edited by zuricity on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:48 pm

So Blatter admits that the WCs were already fixed and that us, the European vote, went against what was already agreed, basically throwing Platini to the wolves, a man he had utter contempt for.

He also admits, in a roundabout way, that he kept himself in power by keeping the smaller voters onside by standing up to the bigger nations, whilst also sweetening the smaller nations with 'grants' to aide the building of football infrastructure. Seem to remember those grants being paid out to members of the ExCo's families!

Blatter hasn't even been questioned yet and he's singing like a canary, bringing his corrupt buddies down with him.

As for jealousy from the likes of us and America, maybe we'd just like to see a fair and transparent vote rather than the pre-designated nominees keeping everybody out of the ballot.

Oh, and good on the real British investigative journalism that opened this bag of shite up.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:57 pm

feedthegreek wrote:Blatter as been on Russian tv and said the Russian world cup was decided before a vote took place, also the one after was due to be in the USA, until platini voted for quatar and that changed evrything. Also said that's why Fbi got involved called them bad losers.

Septic Bladder knows full well that the FBI & US government are involved, because Jack Warner, Chuck Blazer & other FIFA officials used US banks, to money launder their bribes & payoffs. Jack Warner is fighting extradition from Trinidad, to avoid jail.

I don't think much will change at FIFA, if they simply install Platini's UEFA sidekick, Gianni Infantino... They need all new officials, to possibly clean out the corruption.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:24 am

Let's not overlook the obvious issue here that Blatter is raising.........He is now on the record as saying that the French govt were the major players in the change of direction, and that Platini simply did their bidding.

That's a major accusation, as it directly implicates the French govt in bribery, or votes for arms / votes for investment type scandal exactly as we have suspected to be the case on this board for a long time.

It's worth noting that the World Cup vote happened in December 2010.

A deal for two ships for the Russian Navy was announced by Nicolas Sarkozy on 24 December 2010

In January 2011 Qatar began the procurement evaluations for 24 new fighter jets which resulted in a deal of £7bn for France.

The investment into PSG by QSI also occurred in early 2011.

In February 2011, Qatar announced that it was willing to invest €50 million ($65 million) in the Paris suburbs.

It's really not hard to connect the dots here, that the French authorities appear to have been acting as 'kingmaker' in the hosting rights, pimping FIFA votes for major arms sales and investment. Of course it wasn't in their interest to have the US or England host the Tournaments, as there was nothing they could sell to us.

This is going to get even more interesting than I originally thought.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:17 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Let's not overlook the obvious issue here that Blatter is raising.........He is now on the record as saying that the French govt were the major players in the change of direction, and that Platini simply did their bidding.

That's a major accusation, as it directly implicates the French govt in bribery, or votes for arms / votes for investment type scandal exactly as we have suspected to be the case on this board for a long time.

It's worth noting that the World Cup vote happened in December 2010.

A deal for two ships for the Russian Navy was announced by Nicolas Sarkozy on 24 December 2010

In January 2011 Qatar began the procurement evaluations for 24 new fighter jets which resulted in a deal of £7bn for France.

The investment into PSG by QSI also occurred in early 2011.

In February 2011, Qatar announced that it was willing to invest €50 million ($65 million) in the Paris suburbs.

It's really not hard to connect the dots here, that the French authorities appear to have been acting as 'kingmaker' in the hosting rights, pimping FIFA votes for major arms sales and investment. Of course it wasn't in their interest to have the US or England host the Tournaments, as there was nothing they could sell to us.

This is going to get even more interesting than I originally thought.

I'm sure there's a lot more in the cupboard as well mate but I have a feeling that this part of it will be brushed under the carpet.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:29 am

News just breaking about the German FA being raided for suspected tax evasion linked to the 2006 World Cup. This looks like one to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34708640

Police in Frankfurt have raided the headquarters of the German Football Association (DFB) over allegations of tax evasion linked to 2006 Fifa World Cup, prosecutors say.

The homes of DFB President Wolfgang Niersbach and his predecessor, Theo Zwanziger, were also being searched, according to German newspaper Bild.

It follows reports that a secret €6.7m (£4.9m) fund was set up to secure votes for Germany to host the 2006 World Cup.

The DFB denied the claims last month.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:29 am

According to the Beeb, Bladder was in hospital for a check up and told to rest for a few days.

He is suffering from 'Stress' poor fella. THE Swiss desease !
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:51 am

Pulling a sickie eh?

Expect an 'unfit to stand trial' plea sometime in the next two years.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Linked to the raid on the German FA mentioned earlier, there's a breaking story (from the last ten minutes so more to come) that the President of the German FA has resigned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34770939

German football chief resigns over corruption allegations

The president of the German Football Association (DFB) has resigned over a Fifa payment that has resulted in a tax evasion investigation.

Wolfgang Niersbach said he was taking the "political responsibility" for a controversial 6.7m euro (£4.9m) payment to Fifa.

The sum was allegedly used to bribe officials of world football's governing body to vote for Germany's 2006 World Cup bid.

Niersbach has denied any wrongdoing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:08 pm

it's just a good thing that russia2018 is managing to steer clear of further controversy

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/wor ... tory.shtml
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bigblue » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:18 pm

Franz Beckenbauer asked to explain signature allegedly found on draft contract with Fifa’s Jack Warner

• Contract said to have promised Warner friendly matches and tickets
• Beckenbauer was head of Germany’s 2006 World Cup committee

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... arner-fifa
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Pretty much every World Cup since Blatter has been in charge must surely be under suspicion. No wonder England never had a chance. And people tried to paint us as being full of sour grapes.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site