Radio Raheem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Radio Raheem

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:29 pm

All for sticking up for the lad, an I have throughout this tournament but in all honesty he looks broken.

Watching him try to take on that part time right back was a little cringeworthy. He looked well out of ideas. Even when he does get past he looks lost with what to do next.

Hope he can turn it round.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm

All for sticking up for the lad, an I have throughout this tournament but in all honesty he looks broken.

Watching him try to take on that part time right back was a little cringeworthy. He looked well out of ideas. Even when he does get past he looks lost with what to do next.

london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dimples » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 pm

london blue 2 wrote:All for sticking up for the lad, an I have throughout this tournament but in all honesty he looks broken.

I expect him to turn it around because he has talent.
He will get direction, support, coaching and belief from his manager this season.
I think he will flourish.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:24 pm

london blue 2 wrote:All for sticking up for the lad, an I have throughout this tournament but in all honesty he looks broken.

He was fouled almost every time he tried and won frees in dangerous positions as a result, which were then wasted. He wasn't great by any means but he was better than most.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:30 pm

He also won the peno.

Ssn are doing a nice number on him right now. "Sources tell us the players weren't happy with sterling's selection, especially when lallana was playing so well".

Make no mistake, it was sterling and hart's fault. It's all over every news feed.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:38 pm

Id tell England to fuck off if I was Sterling.....why play when your own fans boo you constantly and pundits like that fuckign boring geordie cunt Shearer ,slags you off 24/7???
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:He also won the peno.

Ssn are doing a nice number on him right now. "Sources tell us the players weren't happy with sterling's selection, especially when lallana was playing so well".

Make no mistake, it was sterling and hart's fault. It's all over every news feed.

It's been a vicious, vindictive and scornful campaign by the media and all because he had the audacity to leave one if the ex-Sky 4 for City. The way he has been treated has been scandalous, to the point where you could call some of them in for bullying. If this happened in the work place the individuals at fault would be looking at suspension and then discipline but as it's our media, stoking the fires, then it's all fair game.

Note how we fell apart when Raheem went off and that was because he was taking multiple men out of the game as they descended on him in mass. As soon as he went off, they had the players over to run the game. And that's how important they thought he was, nullifying him was a must.

Not that anybody would know, good old Joey English relies on the media to set their narrative.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:09 pm

It's not bullying if you earn £100,000 and earning that also gives you thick skin. That's just two comments I have heard from rags...
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Sister of fu wrote:It's not bullying if you earn £100,000 and earning that also gives you thick skin. That's just two comments I have heard from rags...

Didn't give Slur Alice thick skin with the BBC did it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:17 pm

Like it or not he was the biggest single culprit in that defeat.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He was fouled almost every time he tried and won frees in dangerous positions as a result, which were then wasted. He wasn't great by any means but he was better than most.

He was fouled cos he took an age to make a decision or tried to nutmeg a defender every time he got the ball.

But I agree his impact was better than most. And the hatred is ridiculously unnecessary.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:40 pm

To this day , i really do not understand why City bought Sterling. He is a very poor footballer.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:31 pm

Finally, a bit of sense amongst the bullying.

http://thesetpieces.com/features/trying ... -sterling/
Original Dub

Postby Dimples » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:46 am

Original Dub wrote:Finally, a bit of sense amongst the bullying.

'...senior England players questioned Sterling's selection...'

That is a bit vague? Who?
I doubt it's Rooney - say what you like about him and he was brutal but he was the only player who did not hide - granted he did fuck all but at least he tried.
So who the fuck is complaining about Sterling's selection and on what grounds?
Because no English player senior or otherwise has done fuck all at international or European club level to date.
The senior players need a kicking - end of story!
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:19 am

Moonchesteri wrote:

Like it or not he was the biggest single culprit in that defeat.

Hart should have saved that shot. No doubt.

Now tell me how many defenders were in the box with him when that striker got his shot away within closing range of them all.

That was a back 5 meltdown not some sort of David James level goal keeper calamity.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:07 am

Dimples wrote:

I doubt it's Rooney - say what you like about him and he was brutal but he was the only player who did not hide - granted he did fuck all but at least he tried.
Because no English player senior or otherwise has done fuck all at international or European club level to date.

I think milner must feel pretty pissed off. He doesn't hide no matter what and can be excellent. As well as shit tbh. Lallana must have been gutted, he was our best player in the last game and then misses out completely. Vardy was probably aggrieved too but with kane starting
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 am

Interesting isn't it, that Sterling get's criticised (Supposedly) from Senior players for being involved, yet, wasn't it Sterling who won the penalty which led to a Senior player scoring the only goal of the game?
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 am

Dimples wrote:

Lallana - plays for an odious club and is an odious wanker of a person, has a grudge against City, and would benefit by Sterling not being selected for the England first eleven. Even though he did exactly the same thing as Sterling when he moved to Liverpool.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 am

Dameerto wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Lallana - plays for an odious club and is an odious wanker of a person, has a grudge against City, and would benefit by Sterling not being selected for the England first eleven. Even though he did exactly the same thing as Sterling when he moved to Liverpool.

My money would be on Llama. But it did say Senior player, which Llama is most definitely not. Most probably a journalist with fuck all else to do other than shit stir knowing it will have a negative impact on certain players, ie Sterling, without actually having to name names.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:43 pm

To be honest I don't believe anyone said it.

It's a media campaign and this suits it. Simple as that.
I can't believe the likes of the PFA or similar don't step in at some level and point out the bullying. It's a serious issue and I don't understand why it gets laughed at because the kid is rich. He's as rich as most of his peers, who are not subjected to this.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum