Radio Raheem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Radio Raheem

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:Thought he was one of a very very few that actually looked like they wanted something to happen today. At the start of the season when we were running at teams and he was on the left with Navas on the right he was good. He's 20 ffs! He'll be fine

Of course he'll be fine, I sometimes wonder do people on here actually watch football apart from City games.

I can still clear as day recall Raheem making absolute idiots out of both Kompany and Hart to score a wonderful goal against us a couple seasons back. He showed composure, poise and great technique to hoodwink them before slotting home. He's all about pace though, riiiiight.

I don't think any one doubts he has flash in the pan moments, but he does not offer much week in and week out. I do watch city every week and he simply doesn't look much of a footballer to me. His reputation is largely built on the dipper love in media but he is with us now. If KDB, Silva, Nasri and Navas were not injured there is no way he would be starting now. I know he is only 21 but you pay £44m for proven players. I really hope he proves me wrong but he is not good enough to play for us.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:20 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Mase wrote:Thought he was one of a very very few that actually looked like they wanted something to happen today. At the start of the season when we were running at teams and he was on the left with Navas on the right he was good. He's 20 ffs! He'll be fine

Of course he'll be fine, I sometimes wonder do people on here actually watch football apart from City games.

I can still clear as day recall Raheem making absolute idiots out of both Kompany and Hart to score a wonderful goal against us a couple seasons back. He showed composure, poise and great technique to hoodwink them before slotting home. He's all about pace though, riiiiight.

I don't think any one doubts he has flash in the pan moments, but he does not offer much week in and week out. I do watch city every week and he simply doesn't look much of a footballer to me. His reputation is largely built on the dipper love in media but he is with us now. If KDB, Silva, Nasri and Navas were not injured there is no way he would be starting now. I know he is only 21 but you pay £44m for proven players. I really hope he proves me wrong but he is not good enough to play for us.

He's more than good enough.

Here's a contribution he made, he made the goal
that set us on our way to claiming a place at Wembley in a few weeks time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:31 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

He's more than good enough.

Here's a contribution he made, he made the goal
that set us on our way to claiming a place at Wembley in a few weeks time.

Also to add we didn't pay £44m for a complete player. We need homegrown players and he's the best England has to offer.

For a young lad he's had a good first season and is already better than he ever was at Liverpool.

He'll never achieve Messi or Ronaldo levels, but he definitely has a bright future with us. He's put in a lot of good performances for us this season and will only get better.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:33 pm

I thought he showed more today than Toure and Silva put together. He's raw and having to adjust playing against eight men defences. He just needs to be used correctly and coached properly- I don't see evidence of either happening this season.
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:34 pm

sheblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Raheem was shit today. If Navas was fit, Sterling would be benched.

Was he really any worse than the rest of them? I thought he at least tried.

Navas gets a lot of stick for similar performance. either Nabas shouldn't get shit for performance like this either or then we should give it to raheem as well? #doublestandards
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:36 pm

I think he will perform better under Pep. Has the tools he likes in his players. Pellegrini not known as much for developing talent either.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:41 pm

PrezIke wrote:I think he will perform better under Pep.

I'm hoping he is young and enthusiastic enough to learn how to play football under Pep.
I'd be one who never thought he is worth the money and we could have spent it better and promoted homegrown from within.
But give the lad a chance. He's in an underperforming team at the moment.
Pep might straighten him out. Then again he may drop him.
Who knows.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:41 pm

30yeargloryhunter wrote:I thought he showed more today than Toure and Silva put together. He's raw and having to adjust playing against eight men defences. He just needs to be used correctly and coached properly- I don't see evidence of either happening this season.

Used correctly is definitely key, why Pellegrini used him behind Aguero I have absolutely no idea. As soon as he went left in the second half their full back picks up a booking. It was the same Everton at their place, he starts him central and then moved him out left later on and he caused Stones all manner of problems when he did.

If Bony was leading the line then I can see the sense in playing him in that position as he can pick up the scraps or use the space that Bony creates by occupying centre backs but with Aguero trying to beat Leicester all by himself Sterling was just a passenger in the first half.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:I think he will perform better under Pep. Has the tools he likes in his players. Pellegrini not known as much for developing talent either.

He loses possession very easily. If he can't sort that out he won't last two minutes with Pep. It's funny how people see different things at football. He has had the odd bright moment, and did start the season quite well but IMO he has been fucking awful most of the time.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:34 pm

What's with this topic title?

The guy's choices are terrible. Pulls the ball back when he needs to whip it in and vice-versa.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:05 pm

He's a real curate's egg this season, but I wouldn't mind betting he is one of the current players who improves most after a season with Pep in charge.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:09 pm

£50 million for this dung-beetle? Shameful.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:He's a real curate's egg this season, but I wouldn't mind betting he is one of the current players who improves most after a season with Pep in charge.

Agree. It does seem to be forgotten he is only 21. Got a good decade ahead of him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:46 am

He's making it hard for his supporters with his fucking stupid haircut and statements like "I'm happier now my hairdresser is on the premises" He is improving, much better with his left foot, but he is not dominating as I had hoped.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:04 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:£50 million for this dung-beetle? Shameful.

£50 million?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:06 am

Anyone wondered if it's because he's being played on his wrong foot that he loses the ball so often. If he was on the right I think 9 times out of 10 his choice would be to hit the byline and get a ball in the box. Because he's being played on the left he's cutting inside most of the time and stopping to look up and see who's around him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:29 am

Mase wrote:Anyone wondered if it's because he's being played on his wrong foot that he loses the ball so often. If he was on the right I think 9 times out of 10 his choice would be to hit the byline and get a ball in the box. Because he's being played on the left he's cutting inside most of the time and stopping to look up and see who's around him.

Absolutely Mase. Have queried this before. I myself do not get this trend to play players on the opposite side to their preferred foot. Pep also has done this with Robben and Ribery so i suspect this will continue
nottsblue

Postby Michael Brookes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:55 am

I think he has been largely awful over the season as a whole. Yes he's had some good moments, as have all of our players at various points of the season, but overall he's basically played like I'd expect any of our young academy prospects to play.

I do hope he will improve, but we spent a lot of money hoping we'd bought more of a player and one that wouldn't need so long to settle. I honestly believe if we'd picked one of our EDS prospects and given him the same game time as Raheem, we'd have seen the same cumulative contribution
Last edited by Michael Brookes on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:56 am

We bought a player who was quick, direct, committed defenders and raw. We've removed all of that from his game and discovered he's a shit version of Nasri at that pace.

He's got lots still to learn, but I think he'll thrive under Pep and the pace his teams play at, whether left or right
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:07 am

Michael Brookes wrote:I think he has been largely awful over the season as a whole. Yes he's had some good moments, as have all of our players at various points of the season, but overall he's basically played like I'd expect any of our young academy prospects to play.

I do hope he will improve, but we spent a lot of money hoping we'd bought more of a player and one that wouldn't need so long to settle. I honestly believe if we'd picked one of our EDS prospects and given him the same game time as Raheem, we'd have seen the same cumulative contribution

Agree with the second paragraph. Who is to say Barker for example, given a free reign, might not have been a revelation. Iheanacho is proof you can step up from the EDS. Some players thrive on playing at a higher level and thus improving their own game. Pains me to say it but Martial at the swamp looks a much better, rounded player than he did at the beginning of the season. Still not the finished article by any means but would we have given him the game time he has had if he were at our academy?
nottsblue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum