Radio Raheem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Radio Raheem

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:32 pm

PrezIke wrote:
PeterParker wrote:What is the deal with him?

Don't get me wrong, I would not let him anywhere near our squad until he grows a pair, but throwing Demi instead of him at 4-0 with Stoke ... well ...

Was rated one of the best players in the CL group stage and you don't want him anywhere hear the team? A bit harsh.

I think he is a bottler, under big pressure, he will always fail. I think he has raw talent, but wrong attitude. I would choose Navas 10 times out of 10 in front of him, not because he is better, but because he will give 200 %.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:40 am

PeterParker wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
PeterParker wrote:What is the deal with him?

Don't get me wrong, I would not let him anywhere near our squad until he grows a pair, but throwing Demi instead of him at 4-0 with Stoke ... well ...

Was rated one of the best players in the CL group stage and you don't want him anywhere hear the team? A bit harsh.

I think he is a bottler, under big pressure, he will always fail. I think he has raw talent, but wrong attitude. I would choose Navas 10 times out of 10 in front of him, not because he is better, but because he will give 200 %.

I get where you're coming from as he hasn't really turned up for us against teams in the top half of PL this season but there again we haven't as a team turned up for the most part.

If you look at his record with Liverpool, he actually performed better against the top sides.

http://www.skysports.ie/football/news/1 ... ame-player
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:53 am

Still haven't seen one bit of technical skill from the lad. He could be our Walcott I suppose, but I'm not expecting him to become anything special. Good option to have in the squad, though
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Still haven't seen one bit of technical skill from the lad. He could be our Walcott I suppose, but I'm not expecting him to become anything special. Good option to have in the squad, though

He has no technical ability. He can't retain possession like Nasri can and his first touch is poor. I can't see him making it at the top level unless Pep really is the Messiah.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:50 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Still haven't seen one bit of technical skill from the lad. He could be our Walcott I suppose, but I'm not expecting him to become anything special. Good option to have in the squad, though

He has no technical ability. He can't retain possession like Nasri can and his first touch is poor. I can't see him making it at the top level unless Pep really is the Messiah.

He is just afraid, look at his touch when someone is rushing to take it away from him. Remember when we were playing in the school yard and the big fellas were trying to take the ball from us. Same.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:58 pm

Can only see him coming off the bench for Pep unless something drastically changes
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Spot on commentary from Howard Hockin on the latest City Watch podcast (Agenda Ep. 2, and sounds better than he does on BM) about Raheem and the treatment he received being the worst ever for a young English player switching clubs.

https://soundcloud.com/city-watch/the-agenda-ep-2

(discussion starts at about the 33:34 mark)

Not only did he get this from Liverpool fans and the media who he believes intended to smear him, but at away games in Ireland (??) and Norwich. Meanwhile when did well was mostly silence (he did get a few nods from some pundits/journalists earlier in the season, tbf) but once form dipped it was a bandwagon of criticism. Then the hypocrisy of this compared to treatment towards Stones (ummm he handed in a transfer request, and almost went for a similar fee, and performed below expecations) or Barkley (also almost going for a massive fee a few years back) with his fall from hype, and inconsistency less criticised compared to Sterling as well.

I happen to think there are some other subtle reasons that won't be stated by most anyone as to why he, in particular, was targeted by some, and it isn't just because he left an anointed club of England like Liverpool.

In case people hadn't noticed, he has played pretty well in the last 3 England games, with 2 quality assists I believe back to back now, and starting the goal with attacking play that led to another goal in another. He is better than even some of our fans give him credit for if you ask me, and why we have to hold his fee against him as supporters of his club is beyond me when he's 21 years old and just went through a ridiculous saga last season coming to us. I am going to hedge my bets and argue that he will have a breakthrough season with City under Pep this season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:08 am

He strikes me as a confidence player and seemed shorn of that for the second half of the season. Let us not forget he was included in the Chumps League team of the league stage, which says a lot about his influence & performances during those matches.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby sheblue » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 am

Dunnylad wrote:He strikes me as a confidence player and seemed shorn of that for the second half of the season. Let us not forget he was included in the Chumps League team of the league stage, which says a lot about his influence & performances during those matches.

very confidant pep will get a lot more from him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby littlebig » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:51 am

sheblue wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:He strikes me as a confidence player and seemed shorn of that for the second half of the season. Let us not forget he was included in the Chumps League team of the league stage, which says a lot about his influence & performances during those matches.

very confidant pep will get a lot more from him.

Hope so. Unbelievable waste of cash otherwise.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby crowdsway » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:44 pm

crowdsway
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:22 pm

crowdsway wrote:http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/manchester-citys-raheem-sterling-a-wounded-footballer-who-needs-protection?

Interesting views from a neutral, echoing much that's been said in this thread.

I'd definitely agree with him thriving under Rogers more personal style of management and perhaps gaining confidence from that, and the analysis that this is a style of management he is more likely to get from pep than from the undead one.

I hope he gets his shit together, he has the potential to be fantastic if he develops some composure on the ball
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:29 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
crowdsway wrote:http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/manchester-citys-raheem-sterling-a-wounded-footballer-who-needs-protection?

Interesting views from a neutral, echoing much that's been said in this thread.

I'd definitely agree with him thriving under Rogers more personal style of management and perhaps gaining confidence from that, and the analysis that this is a style of management he is more likely to get from pep than from the undead one.

I hope he gets his shit together, he has the potential to be fantastic if he develops some composure on the ball

Where is this potential though? All he is, is fast. Bit late to start teaching the lad how to fucking trap a ball
Fidel Castro

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:22 am

he's 6 months younger than john stones who, supposedly, needs more time and a better manager to develop....
raheem will be fine
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:32 am

The lad is a shithouse , I don't like shithouse,s playing for my club . One season under Pep may see him get his shit together , I have serious doubts though !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 am

City64 wrote:The lad is a shithouse , I don't like shithouse,s playing for my club . One season under Pep may see him get his shit together , I have serious doubts though !

What's he done that makes him a shithouse?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:The lad is a shithouse , I don't like shithouse,s playing for my club . One season under Pep may see him get his shit together , I have serious doubts though !

Absutely bottles it when in on goal , goes down like a fairy and hardly ever takes defenders on . League cup final miss with open goal prime example and just give him a kick and he doesn't want to know ....... do you watch our games ???? :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby littlebig » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:52 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:he's 6 months younger than john stones who, supposedly, needs more time and a better manager to develop....
raheem will be fine

I don't see this lad coming good unfortunately.

In the meantime I'll be hoping he does and fully supporting him to do so. I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

Just haven't seen enough out of him and often he's completely shite.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:04 am

City64 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Absutely bottles it when in on goal , goes down like a fairy and hardly ever takes defenders on . League cup final miss with open goal prime example and just give him a kick and he doesn't want to know ....... do you watch our games ???? :-D

Bottled it 10/11 times last season to make him our fourth highest scorer but what would I know I don't watch our games.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby branny » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:16 am

I just think back to the goal he scored against us. Nowt wrong with his composure when he sent Hart and Kompany the wrong way and slotted it in so early and in such a big game. I think his pricetag and all the shit he got last season is weighing heavily. Hopefully an arm round the shoulder and Peps arrival will help. The spotlight will be on our new manager so Raheem may be a bit more under the radar. I am willing to give him the chance.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum