Radio Raheem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Radio Raheem

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:45 am

branny wrote:I just think back to the goal he scored against us. Nowt wrong with his composure when he sent Hart and Kompany the wrong way and slotted it in so early and in such a big game. I think his pricetag and all the shit he got last season is weighing heavily. Hopefully an arm round the shoulder and Peps arrival will help. The spotlight will be on our new manager so Raheem may be a bit more under the radar. I am willing to give him the chance.

I pretty much backed Pellegrini all along but I'm also pretty convinced he didn't do much for Razza, nor have the faintest idea how to use/inspire him, Sevilla game excepted.

I just have a hunch his pace will be used properly under Guardiola.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:38 am

I really hope Pep is exactly what Sterling needs.

I also hope that Pep will be one of the rare managers for us who can actually improve a player.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:42 am

john@staustell wrote:
branny wrote:I just think back to the goal he scored against us. Nowt wrong with his composure when he sent Hart and Kompany the wrong way and slotted it in so early and in such a big game. I think his pricetag and all the shit he got last season is weighing heavily. Hopefully an arm round the shoulder and Peps arrival will help. The spotlight will be on our new manager so Raheem may be a bit more under the radar. I am willing to give him the chance.

I pretty much backed Pellegrini all along but I'm also pretty convinced he didn't do much for Razza, nor have the faintest idea how to use/inspire him, Sevilla game excepted.

I just have a hunch his pace will be used properly under Guardiola.

If he has half the season Coman has just had then that will do me
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:00 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:The lad is a shithouse , I don't like shithouse,s playing for my club . One season under Pep may see him get his shit together , I have serious doubts though !

What's he done that makes him a shithouse?

Absutely bottles it when in on goal , goes down like a fairy and hardly ever takes defenders on . League cup final miss with open goal prime example and just give him a kick and he doesn't want to know ....... do you watch our games ???? :-D

Bottled it 10/11 times last season to make him our fourth highest scorer but what would I know I don't watch our games.

Yep a £49 million shithouse ! Massive 6 months for him now .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:32 am

City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:The lad is a shithouse , I don't like shithouse,s playing for my club . One season under Pep may see him get his shit together , I have serious doubts though !

What's he done that makes him a shithouse?

Absutely bottles it when in on goal , goes down like a fairy and hardly ever takes defenders on . League cup final miss with open goal prime example and just give him a kick and he doesn't want to know ....... do you watch our games ???? :-D

Bottled it 10/11 times last season to make him our fourth highest scorer but what would I know I don't watch our games.

Yep a £49 million shithouse ! Massive 6 months for him now .

£44 million but what's £5million between friends?

Love how we get behind our own.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm

I always get behind City players , prob is we have too many useless cunts in the squad at present , and Sterling looks very much a £5 million player right now , that's apart from being a shithouse .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:35 pm

City64 wrote:I always get behind City players , prob is we have too many useless cunts in the squad at present , and Sterling looks very much a £5 million player right now , that's apart from being a shithouse .

It's the calling him a shithouse that gets to a lot of people. I wasn't in favour of buying him in the first place and agree about not being worth the money (We were fleeced) but he's a young City player having just settled in for one season. For Christ sake, we've seen others in the side given a break for years.
I'm prepared to let Pep see what he can make of him and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised. But don't call the lad a shithouse. Don't call any of them shithouses.
Being called that by other team's supporters is bad enough. You don't expect that kind of support from your own.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:05 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:I always get behind City players , prob is we have too many useless cunts in the squad at present , and Sterling looks very much a £5 million player right now , that's apart from being a shithouse .

Don't call any of them shithouses.

Bony is a shit house.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Don't call any of them shithouses.

Bony is a shit house.

Ha! you said he was a cunt, before.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:35 pm

The more I hear fans from other clubs and England fans getting on his back the more I start liking the guy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Vinny giving him a big vote of confidence on BBC
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Mase wrote:The more I hear fans from other clubs and England fans getting on his back the more I start liking the guy.

Perversely, so do I.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

It's the calling him a shithouse that gets to a lot of people. I wasn't in favour of buying him in the first place and agree about not being worth the money (We were fleeced) but he's a young City player having just settled in for one season. For Christ sake, we've seen others in the side given a break for years.
I'm prepared to let Pep see what he can make of him and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised. But don't call the lad a shithouse. Don't call any of them shithouses.
Being called that by other team's supporters is bad enough. You don't expect that kind of support from your own.

If he was a bit older I would call him a cunt but for now because he is still young I will carry on calling him a shithouse until hopefully I am proved wrong and the lad grows some balls believes in himself and shows Man City and us all what a superb player he can be !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:10 pm

bigblue wrote:Vinny giving him a big vote of confidence on BBC

Saw that. Sounds like he is well respected at City
nottsblue

Postby bigblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:18 pm

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

If he was a bit older I would call him a cunt but for now because he is still young I will carry on calling him a shithouse until hopefully I am proved wrong and the lad grows some balls believes in himself and shows Man City and us all what a superb player he can be !

90% of our team under performed last year, so it's unfair to call out the 20 year old who just changed clubs and was battered in the media and by fans all season. Raheem (and most of our squad) will be completely different this year with the very positive and motivated environment that Pep brings.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Charlie Nicholas singling him out for criticism and saying he would drop him for Wilshere. The mind boggles at such stupidity. Wilshere as a left sided attacker?! What next, Shrek as a midfielder....
nottsblue

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:57 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:The more I hear fans from other clubs and England fans getting on his back the more I start liking the guy.

Perversely, so do I.

Same. He's clearly the no 1 scapegoat at the moment.

Frustrating that so many others get a free pass.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:05 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

90% of our team under performed last year, so it's unfair to call out the 20 year old who just changed clubs and was battered in the media and by fans all season. Raheem (and most of our squad) will be completely different this year with the very positive and motivated environment that Pep brings.

This.

If we want him to do well, I don't think contributing to the negativity at this point is going to help him improve.

In fact, it may be in part why Laporte chose to not join us.

And how he has "no balls" when he left the beloved Liverpool to come to the great satan, City, when the attacks were already warming up during the rumours he was coming, seems to be a bit of a reach mate.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:10 pm

PrezIke wrote:
bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

This.

If we want him to do well, I don't think contributing to the negativity at this point is going to help him improve.

In fact, it may be in part why Laporte chose to not join us.

And how he has "no balls" when he left the beloved Liverpool to come to the great satan, City, when the attacks were already warming up during the rumours he was coming, seems to be a bit of a reach mate.

No balls and shithouse is mancunian for get tough , get wise and man up and stop being a fucking fairy . Fuck Liverpool and fuck Laporte !!!

If Raheem Sterling does sort himself out we will have one class player for sure . at the moment we have most of the football world ridiculing him . Get my drift ? :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:29 pm

In fairness City64 I was beginning to cop that maybe it got lost in translation. And they say America and England are two countries divided by a common language.
I think you can add us Irish to the mix.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum