Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:02 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
littlebig wrote:I'm guessing the opposite linesman gave the call to the ref.

1st lino didn't flag and ref wasn't looking so must have been someone else. Can 4th official call fouls?

I believe all the officials can call the foul but, as would be usual, the ref didn't look over to any of the other officials, especially backwards.

We've seen already this season with Taylor and Mason that instructions are coming through their ear pieces, they couldn't make it any less obvious.

However I think Swarbrick saw this, good peripheral vision.

Great call whichever way, just found it strange that at halftime, RatBoy and ScouseCunt were arguing that there's no way he could've called it, basically saying the goal should've stood!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

1st lino didn't flag and ref wasn't looking so must have been someone else. Can 4th official call fouls?

I believe all the officials can call the foul but, as would be usual, the ref didn't look over to any of the other officials, especially backwards.

We've seen already this season with Taylor and Mason that instructions are coming through their ear pieces, they couldn't make it any less obvious.

Great call whichever way, just found it strange that at halftime, RatBoy and ScouseCunt were arguing that there's no way he could've called it, basically saying the goal should've stood!

Pair of fucking idiots, of course there is.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:06 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The way they went off on one at half time it was as though they thought if they moaned so much about it the goal would be reinstated!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:13 am

Their faces were a real joy to behold. The aftermatch analysis revolved around the poor defence of Bournemouth rather than any decent play from us, similar to the halftime where it was if they were showing Bournemouth how to get at us. RatBoy looked like he wanted to cry, he was that emotional, and it blew their narrative out the water of Pep/us crumbling under the pressure.

I take this shit as a positive now as it's so commonplace.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Their faces were a real joy to behold. The aftermatch analysis revolved around the poor defence of Bournemouth rather than any decent play from us, similar to the halftime where it was if they were showing Bournemouth how to get at us. RatBoy looked like he wanted to cry, he was that emotional, and it blew their narrative out the water of Pep/us crumbling under the pressure.

Yeah I'm with you on that pal. My dad goes ape shit about it all, but I just keep telling him to use it as a positive. Every fucker seems to be against us.....yet we keep soldiering on. We will come out on top. Every fucker and their dogs are bricking it because they know how big we are, and how we are only going to be pushing on leaving everyone in our wake!
gmercer1

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:24 am

gmercer1 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Their faces were a real joy to behold. The aftermatch analysis revolved around the poor defence of Bournemouth rather than any decent play from us, similar to the halftime where it was if they were showing Bournemouth how to get at us. RatBoy looked like he wanted to cry, he was that emotional, and it blew their narrative out the water of Pep/us crumbling under the pressure.

Yeah I'm with you on that pal. My dad goes ape shit about it all, but I just keep telling him to use it as a positive. Every fucker seems to be against us.....yet we keep soldiering on. We will come out on top. Every fucker and their dogs are bricking it because they know how big we are, and how we are only going to be pushing on leaving everyone in our wake!

When you look at the players we're now bringing in, and the more youthful philosophy, with the injection of a couple of quality FBs we will be at the top for many years to come.

We've got RSJ and SAS, to name but a few partnerships, and I can see them only getting stronger.

Happy Days indeed.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

When you look at the players we're now bringing in, and the more youthful philosophy, with the injection of a couple of quality FBs we will be at the top for many years to come.

We've got RSJ and SAS, to name but a few partnerships, and I can see them only getting stronger.

Happy Days indeed.

Barcelona signed only one major player..suarez ..and that was 3 fucking years ago.....we are top dogs when it comes to signing top players.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Happy Days indeed.

Barcelona signed only one major player..suarez ..and that was 3 fucking years ago.....we are top dogs when it comes to signing top players.

Didn't they have a transfer ban as well, for the dodgy Neymar deal. Or was that revoked as it's Barca?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Happy Days indeed.

Didn't they have a transfer ban as well, for the dodgy Neymar deal. Or was that revoked as it's Barca?

You may be right...anyway , they are in crisis so expect us to sign messi next year.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Not sure if he'd fit our system ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Not sure if he'd fit our system ;-)

Just someone to bring on at the end of a match when we are 4 up ;-)
gmercer1

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:43 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Fair play. ^^
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BookJunior » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:22 pm

:lol: That is so funny JC. It's almost pantomime territory with referee being the baddy and commentators / pundits being the ugly sisters.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby BookJunior » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Defenders and goalkeepers are surely our priority.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 pm

BookJunior wrote:

Defenders and goalkeepers are surely our priority.

You're absolutely right, but I wouldn't mind another forward as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:02 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Just seen a near exact tackle from Morgan on Carrea in the CL match tonight. Can you guess what the outcome of that one was?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:09 am

Who is it? Warren Barton?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:40 am

Mase wrote:Who is it? Warren Barton?

Yes. He is a regular on that channel
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dimples » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:26 am

If you want to see how a ref can 'influence' a game have a look at Ireland Vs. France yesterday.
Nigel Owens has close ties to Ireland and earns a lot of money in Ireland from motivational talks, etc...

The Irish supporters I was watching the game with are rugby heads and they called this out before the match.
They said if the game is close the ref will swing it Ireland's way with key decisions.
They called it correctly. The key decisions, the ones that really mattered, went Ireland's way.
Just look at the penalty kick Ireland got to seal the win - a joke of a call - the Irish supporters reckoned that Nigel should have got MOTM.
Any decisions France got where in positions where they could not hurt Ireland.

This is what is happening to us week after week.
We have to be far superior to the opposition to win.
The Rags just need to show up, they are in 6th, their true position is a lot lower than that.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum