Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:Did we just get a favour???!

Not for me, he actually got one right.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Ragsford just dived for a penalty that even MotD 2 said it should never have been given. Yet, once again, the Rags get favourable decisions.

You listening NT?

I haven't seen it but I switched on Talkspite at the very moment the purported penalty was given.

Ray Houghton was one of the commentary team and he was fuming at the referee for giving it and he said that, before awarding it, he consulted the linesman who had no possible view of the incident, which was in no way a fowl. Whether, or not, it was his Liverpool bias creeping through I don't know but it was very refreshing to hear.

Moreover, after Shrek scored, the half time whistle went and Matterface, or whomsoever his name was/is, concluded that the Scum had taken a completely undeserved lead after being outplayed in that half.

All this honesty and reality was becoming most unsettling, so I switched off after that.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:28 pm

It's good to hear mate, they do do some good commentary, and honest reporting within it.

Strange that when they 'Guess' these decisions it's always in favour of the Rags.

Funny old world.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:09 am

Just before half time "you don't know what your doing" I think the opposite is true, the know exactly what there doing. Oliver allowed snide trips, typical Fat Sam tactics throughout the 1st half. To the point that Silva was laughing at him and his lack of football nouse.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Sun May 07, 2017 6:27 am

Don't forget the 'oh whoopsie' moment when he stopped a 3 on 2 break to be brought back for a free kick - that looked very much intentional to me and if palace had won the ball I strongly suspect he wouldn't have blown
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun May 07, 2017 6:50 am

I honestly think Oliver is just a terrible terrible referee. He's one of the worst around. The ones that are corrupt COULD be decent referees if they wanted. Oliver is just incompetent imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun May 07, 2017 7:05 am

both wooders and Mase have valid points . Elsewhere it was pointed out that Silva laughed at Oliver .

It is no surprise . The kid really doesn't understand the game , when to pull players up for fouls and when to play advantage. He should not be referreeing at this level. The PL should get the best refs from around the world , stuff this little clique.

It is disturbing that even though City play really well with free flowing and attractive football. In wanting to see the game officiated correctly, we can't help pick up the way refs make bad decisions.

I've not forgot about Oliver at the Arse Wembley Charity shield game two years ago.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 07, 2017 10:15 am

Agree with the comments about playing advantage, Oliver seemed to get this wrong on just about every occasion a decision needed to be made.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 07, 2017 11:48 am

Mase wrote:I honestly think Oliver is just a terrible terrible referee. He's one of the worst around. The ones that are corrupt COULD be decent referees if they wanted. Oliver is just incompetent imo.

Interesting thought Mase.

I'd never contemplated that.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 07, 2017 11:57 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:I honestly think Oliver is just a terrible terrible referee. He's one of the worst around. The ones that are corrupt COULD be decent referees if they wanted. Oliver is just incompetent imo.

Clattenberg is an excellent referee when he's not acting under orders/having a bad hair day. Doesn't show cards easily and always tries to let the game flow.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mase » Sun May 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Clattenberg is an excellent referee when he's not acting under orders/having a bad hair day. Doesn't show cards easily and always tries to let the game flow.

Dean a few years ago (Sending Scholes off in the semi of the cup) was actually a decent ref. Over the past few years he's had his orders and he's been terrible.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Dean a few years ago (Sending Scholes off in the semi of the cup) was actually a decent ref. Over the past few years he's had his orders and he's been terrible.

I remember his first game after the QPR 3-2 for us was Arsenal at our place. He gave them just about every single decision. It was obvious someone had had a word in his shell-like and he's steadily deteriorated since that day. Shame.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Is it a possibility then, that if the corruptive sources (Sky, BT, FA, UEFA, PiGMOB hierarchy) were either cleansed, removed or abolished, we might have the makings of a semi-decent refereeing cadre ??

I must say, I find this concept very disconcerting and unsettling :o :o
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby freshie » Sun May 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I'm sure there was a time when we had a really good record in games which he refereed, if not our best. As others have pointed out that seems to have deteriorated massively since the QPR game to the point where I dread seeing his name as the ref in our games
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun May 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Madeley is another one who is just utter shit. The West Ham match at home from last season was utterly mind boggling with his decisions or lack of (delete as appropriate). I can't recall him ever reffing us in the correct manner as he is just a complete no-hoper.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby City64 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Anyone at the game yesterday will have witnessed an utter bell end of a lino , the useless cunt was really really enjoying himself being on live tv , fucked us over everytime he possibly could in the first half .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Slim » Mon May 08, 2017 3:38 am

City64 wrote:Anyone at the game yesterday will have witnessed an utter bell end of a lino , the useless cunt was really really enjoying himself being on live tv , fucked us over everytime he possibly could in the first half .

Details please C64.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:47 am

Slim wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone at the game yesterday will have witnessed an utter bell end of a lino , the useless cunt was really really enjoying himself being on live tv , fucked us over everytime he possibly could in the first half .

Details please C64.

Flag happy cunt in pink with a perma tan CB side . City fans gave him proper shit for 40 minutes , amazing it wasn't picked up on TV ????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 08, 2017 9:04 am

City64 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Details please C64.

Flag happy cunt in pink with a perma tan CB side . City fans gave him proper shit for 40 minutes , amazing it wasn't picked up on TV ????

I thought the flag operator on the east stand side was shambolic too, he had to wait for Oliver on every decision.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 am

Wonderwall wrote:
City64 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Details please C64.

I thought the flag operator on the east stand side was shambolic too, he had to wait for Oliver on every decision.

Sky obviously edited such facts for the millions of world wide viewers WW , amazing powers sky have !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum