Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:42 pm

john@staustell wrote:Apparently it is a Demichelis goal after all as shouted by the line fella

So, was it ref Clement Turpin?... Or, his 5th official, that was standing right by Sommer's goal line, that was the attempted match fixer, last night?...Or, the whole group of officials?
If they made the correct call, at that time, then who decided to ignore it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... dbach.html

UEFA is now claiming that the extra officials, Fredy Fautrel & Benoit Bastien, did award Demichelis the goal, after all. They have had to publish the transcripts of their calls, as proof.

They have also changed the info and match commentary on their website, to cover all of their "mistakes!"

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Ahhhh so they're pretending that they're not bent and they were going to give the goal anyway? Fuckin jokers!! Couldn't be more obvious
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:Apparently it is a Demichelis goal after all as shouted by the line fella

biggest load of bullshit ever
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Mase wrote:Ahhhh so they're pretending that they're not bent and they were going to give the goal anyway? Fuckin jokers!! Couldn't be more obvious

Fucking joke. M
"UEFA initially awarded a Christensen own goal but on Thursday changed the attribution, saying the additional assistant referee (AAR) had signalled Demichelis' effort had crossed the line."

Sure, we believe you.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Ahhhh so they're pretending that they're not bent and they were going to give the goal anyway? Fuckin jokers!! Couldn't be more obvious

Fucking joke. M
"UEFA initially awarded a Christensen own goal but on Thursday changed the attribution, saying the additional assistant referee (AAR) had signalled Demichelis' effort had crossed the line."

Sure, we believe you.

Whether we believe them or not is irrelevant.
If we are to believe them, it creates one hell of a precedent and opens up a can of worms in my book.
Suppose Otamendi hadn't put this in the net, what would they do with that information. Would we hear a transcript of the conversation. Of course not.
It would be buried.

The fact they've changed this the day after opens up a case for every decision that involves the 5th official to be made public.

They really are inept, even at being bent.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:57 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Fucking joke. M

Sure, we believe you.

Whether we believe them or not is irrelevant.
If we are to believe them, it creates one hell of a precedent and opens up a can of worms in my book.
Suppose Otamendi hadn't put this in the net, what would they do with that information. Would we hear a transcript of the conversation. Of course not.
It would be buried.

The fact they've changed this the day after opens up a case for every decision that involves the 5th official to be made public.

They really are inept, even at being bent.

Well according to what they're saying the official with the stick would have eventually got the refs attention to pull it back for a goal.

It sure looked like that on tele didn't it...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:00 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

Fucking joke. M

Sure, we believe you.

How had he signalled? What signal do they normally use? What's the wand for?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PrezIke » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:24 pm

So they're telling us they couldn't have figured this out during the game, but have to wait a day until this mysterious smoking gun conversation we don't hear is claimed to have existed? I'm sure I've seen who is awarded a goal vs. an own goal change during the match when they realize it after watching a replay.

Since they won't use goal line technology perhaps the 5th ref needs one of these with GOAL! written on it to help:

Look they can do it right here and they have a deal to buy 3 get one here free!! So, 1 for each hand of each ref at both ends of the pitch. Perhaps the 1st ref would have seen it instead of hearing him say "Goal. Goal Goal. Goal" in a crowded and loud stadium. Sounds like a plan to me:

https://www.colourbox.com/vector/hand-g ... or-5344242

Perhaps this will then fit into UEFA's clearly limited budget.
Last edited by PrezIke on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:54 pm

^^ Prez Ike, this comment really cheered up my rainy day... Many thanks!

Platini has previously used the unacceptable excuse, that it is too expensive to add goal line technology, to the Champions League stadiums.

Blatter actually had the unbelievable gall, to claim that using goal line technology would take all the, "FUN," out of debating football reffing mistakes!... Like we needed any further proof of his level of corruption!
Last edited by WhyAlwaysMe? on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Fucking joke. M

Sure, we believe you.

Apparently the wand has buttons for if the microphone doesn't work. Otherwise it's useless.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:21 pm

Is it any wonder we have contempt for UEFA when they pull shit like this. The sooner that fat fuck of an excuse of a man, (Platini in case you weren't sure), does one, the better. Preferably to a high risk jail where he can get dry bummed on a daily basis. He is right up there with Bono and Blair as smarmy, self righteous, self important cunts who you would take great pleasure in taking a baseball bat to
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby globalbollox » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Could someone please explain to me why the fouls commited and fouls suffered as shown on the uefa site don't tally.
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:52 am

nottsblue wrote:Is it any wonder we have contempt for UEFA when they pull shit like this. The sooner that fat fuck of an excuse of a man, (Platini in case you weren't sure), does one, the better. Preferably to a high risk jail where he can get dry bummed on a daily basis. He is right up there with Bono and Blair as smarmy, self righteous, self important cunts who you would take great pleasure in taking a baseball bat to

Agreed
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:45 am

Platini is just a puppet being manipulated by Rumminigge and his co-horts so whoever replaces him would be just another puppet imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:06 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Fucking joke. M

Sure, we believe you.

Apparently the wand has buttons for if the microphone doesn't work. Otherwise it's useless.

Watched Ospina's og again and the 6th official clearly raises his arm to signal a goal, no such signal for Demi's goal. You'd think there would be a hand signal that they all are instructed to use to alert the ref that a goal has been scored.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:33 am

gillie wrote:Platini is just a puppet being manipulated by Rumminigge and his co-horts so whoever replaces him would be just another puppet imo.

I'm afraid you're right Gilliebrand. I don't even blame Platini. If anybody thinks it would change with another big cheese at UEFA, they're nutz.
UEFA is run by the big clubs, for the big clubs.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:54 am

having watch the video of the goal about five times ive come to conclusion. the officials are bent as fook. theres no way that clown near the goal was gonna give us that goal.
when we play sevilla i would be booing the extra bit louder!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:26 pm

dick dastardley wrote:having watch the video of the goal about five times ive come to conclusion. the officials are bent as fook. theres no way that clown near the goal was gonna give us that goal.

The UEFA salary thief that was assigned to watch the goal line is Fredy Fautrel... A ref that once allowed 3 offside goals for Berbatov, in one match!

Anyone see Fautrel's arms & mouth move, to award Demichelis the goal??!!
Last edited by WhyAlwaysMe? on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Yes, at least they DID get this one right and correctly gave Stindl a yellow card, for cheating:
Stindl purposely runs into Fernandinho's tucked in leg and does a swan dive:

WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:03 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Image
dick dastardley wrote:having watch the video of the goal about five times ive come to conclusion. the officials are bent as fook. theres no way that clown near the goal was gonna give us that goal.

The UEFA salary thief that was assigned to watch the goal line is Fredy Fautrel... A ref that once allowed 3 offside goals for Berbatov, in one match!

Anyone see Fautrel's arms move, to award Demichelis the goal??!!

Looks like the linesman had a pretty clear view also, even if he isn't standing on the end line.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum