Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
freshie wrote:I thought the 4th official determines time added on

Likewise. I don't have any idea what kind of communication can go on between them and the ref both in-game and at half time. I really think that the public should be able to hear what goes through their microphones and earpieces, like with rugby.

Now you're talking mate
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 am

City64 wrote:Biggest fucking dive of the season so far and NO RETROPECSTIVE ACTION to be taken by the three "man" panel SSN just reporting . What a fucking sham !!! Oh well at least the cheating diving cunt is available v the rags this weekend , but what a joke ! Oh and Madley just carries on as normal the bent useless fat Yorkshire twat .

Yeah calm down mate, he'll run rings round the RAGS. That would just set up my Xmas perfectly!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:19 am

Mike Jones on Saturday for us.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Saturday 23rd December
Manchester City v AFC Bournemouth
Referee: Mike Jones
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Mike Dean

Wednesday 27 December
19:45 Newcastle United v Manchester City
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Richard West
Fourth official: Neil Swarbrick

Sunday 31 December
12:00 Crystal Palace v Manchester City
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Eddie Smart, Andy Halliday
Fourth official: Stuart Attwell

Tuesday 2 January
20:00 Manchester City v Watford
Referee: Lee Mason
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Matthew Wilkes
Fourth official: Mike Dean
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:22 pm

john@staustell wrote:Mike Jones on Saturday for us.

FFS, another PiGMOL yes man. Bournemouth will need him and I envisage a performance from him similar to what was tried at Norwich and Wolves in 11/12 where Foy and Probert tried but just couldn't have an affect.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Mike Jones on Saturday for us.

FFS, another PiGMOL yes man. Bournemouth will need him and I envisage a performance from him similar to what was tried at Norwich and Wolves in 11/12 where Foy and Probert tried but just couldn't have an affect.

Fourth official is Mike Dean, just to keep an eye on things in general and to ensure City aren't treated fairly.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:24 pm

We were being cheated by refs before the money. Clearly goal over the line not given. Should have had a penalty. Barton sent off for nothing.

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Ah, yes. mike riley. What a fucking cunt.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Ah, yes. mike riley. What a fucking cunt.

Is he the chief of them now? Is it any wonder we get screwed over?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:03 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Ah, yes. mike riley. What a fucking cunt.

Don‘t hold back TB !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:19 am

Credit where it's due. The ref had a great game and could so easily have been sucked into giving a penalty for the Gayle dive.

Honestly, the difference between last year and this is so stark. It's wonderful to not be whingeing about their decisions every game. Touch wood.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 am

dazby wrote:Credit where it's due. The ref had a great game and could so easily have been sucked into giving a penalty for the Gayle dive.

Honestly, the difference between last year and this is so stark. It's wonderful to not be whingeing about their decisions every game. Touch wood.

I asked this last night in the match thread and the reason why was that Shearer on 5Live said that Murphy's challenge on Gundogan was a clear red and couldn't believe the officials missed it. Also, when Otamendi stopped a shot on the line, apparently a player went straight through him whilst in the air, putting Otter in the back of the net.

Not seen any footage yet but the commentary team were fairly scathing of the officials for those incidents. I take it they were just ordinary tackles that they took exception to?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:32 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
dazby wrote:Credit where it's due. The ref had a great game and could so easily have been sucked into giving a penalty for the Gayle dive.

I asked this last night in the match thread and the reason why was that Shearer on 5Live said that Murphy's challenge on Gundogan was a clear red and couldn't believe the officials missed it. Also, when Otamendi stopped a shot on the line, apparently a player went straight through him whilst in the air, putting Otter in the back of the net.

Not seen any footage yet but the commentary team were fairly scathing of the officials for those incidents. I take it they were just ordinary tackles that they took exception to?

Certainly the barge on Otamendi. At the time I thought the only reason it was given as a corner to them rather than a foul on Otamendi could be because tackling someone who is off the ground is only a foul in rugby. :roll:
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

The one on Otamendi should've been a free out but they're very rarely given, it's like when someone shoots and they're cleaned out by a defender trying to block their shot, despite the fact that they've clearly been fouled referees in general are reluctant to give them anything.

The one on Gundogan was nasty, it looks like Marriner was unsighted, that's not an excuse however, it's part of his job to ensure he doesn't get unsighted. Interesting to hear if anything more will come of that one.

In general I thought he was OK, if anything he was leaning more in our favour in terms of 50/50s throughout.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 pm

can't imagine anything will come of Murphy's challenge as the ref "saw it" (gave a free kick), and if nothing happened to Alli after his red on KDB then nothing will happen here.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:09 pm

I do believe that the jump into Otamendi involved an elbow. See what you think.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby gillie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:07 pm

phips wrote:can't imagine anything will come of Murphy's challenge as the ref "saw it" (gave a free kick), and if nothing happened to Alli after his red on KDB then nothing will happen here.

The ref didn't see it the lineman did and raised his flag as Marriner was going to just play on.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The one on Otamendi should've been a free out but they're very rarely given, it's like when someone shoots and they're cleaned out by a defender trying to block their shot, despite the fact that they've clearly been fouled referees in general are reluctant to give them anything.

The one on Gundogan was nasty, it looks like Marriner was unsighted, that's not an excuse however, it's part of his job to ensure he doesn't get unsighted. Interesting to hear if anything more will come of that one.

In general I thought he was OK, if anything he was leaning more in our favour in terms of 50/50s throughout.

My lower mandible sagged savagely when he didn't give a pen for the late dive.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:21 pm

2 games and 3 of our players could have had season ending injuries due to disgusting fouls that deserved red cards - the refs in both of those games need reprimanding.

And on that note - if the refs dont start clamping down on the thuggish behaviour towards our players then we will 100% have one of our star players eventually hacked down and fucked for the season..........its going to happen if refs dont clamp down NOW.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 pm

That's my worry as well. The less the ref's do to clamp down on it the more oppo players will look on ot as open season on our players until, inevitably, one of those fouls actually have serious consequences.

Good to see a few outlets highlighting this issue so if the officials allow the worse, there will at least be some comeback from them, not just us City fans.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum