Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 14, 2017 9:54 pm

Fucking useless ref, utterly fucking useless.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 15, 2017 7:15 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Ref called the two-touch penalty correct by the rules of the game. (Why is there even any controversy about that decision?) However Shearer thinks the rule should be scrapped as it is a "stupid rule" and not meant for instances like yesterday's. Suck it up you cunt.

Shearer was in full flow, jaundiced, anti-City mode last night.

Lineker had already mentioned that the penalty rule was there to stop players dribbling the ball close to the goal before shooting, but the Geordie loudmouth just denounced the rule as stupid without saying why that was the case, or offering some other idea as to what could 'replace' it.

As a supposedly expert footballing analyst on that programme, Shearer is, apart from being just a mouth on legs, stealing money. It's just a pity Lineker didn't have the gumption to take him to task.

100% MC. It actually amused me when he singled us out as an unmitigated failure while it was still possible for us finish ahead of Spurs, meanwhile praising all the old guard, none of which are guaranteed anything either.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 15, 2017 2:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Ref called the two-touch penalty correct by the rules of the game. (Why is there even any controversy about that decision?) However Shearer thinks the rule should be scrapped as it is a "stupid rule" and not meant for instances like yesterday's. Suck it up you cunt.

Lineker had already mentioned that the penalty rule was there to stop players dribbling the ball close to the goal before shooting, but the Geordie loudmouth just denounced the rule as stupid without saying why that was the case, or offering some other idea as to what could 'replace' it.

As a supposedly expert footballing analyst on that programme, Shearer is, apart from being just a mouth on legs, stealing money. It's just a pity Lineker didn't have the gumption to take him to task.

- from another place

"I hate MOTD, bunch of arrogant bastards and when we have the "nerve" to call them out on their bullshit, they will try and say it's us with the problem.

Two things:

The Sterling offside was marginal enough to be forgiven, you wouldn't think so with the way Shearer went on about it(surprised they left in the commentators remarks about how little there was in it... someone on the editing team probably got a bollocking for that), secondly neither the defender or the keeper would have got near that and they knew it, they weren't ready for it and looked immediately for an easy out. Having said that he was offside, if it was a decision that went against City I know the tone they would have used would have been all about taking pressure off the ref and the defensive errors that led to that shot that was going in anyway would have been magnified, finishing off with it being an example for the need for video referees in the game. The thing they don't realise is we would rather have video referees because for every one "lucky" decision we've had there have been 3-4 bigger(not marginal) decisions gone against us, we'd be in a much better position(if not challenging for the title, then 2nd place).

The skysports replay angles showed(more than one) the initial contact for their penalty came outside the box, so it should have been a freekick(commentary both agreed on this, did the post match team agree too?) yet they find an angle for Shearer that looks as though was on the line just about(or they paused it at a place where their was contact while he was already going down?). Next Shearer says we were lucky to have it disallowed and it's a stupid rule even though the ball ended up going in a different direction thus completely fooling the keeper, which was the reason why Willy was so quick to point it out. That's just as much reason for the rule, obviously when you are able to look at things objectively you would have thought of that as another reason for the rule(as well as to stop them passing it around the keeper) but when you're a biased idiot stealing a living as a pundit, totally up his own ass you may have difficulty seeing sense in it.

We were also the better team, the stats make it look as though we battered them and we probably should have had we been more clinical and decisive up front.

Oh and Shearer reckons Arsenal would rather have an FA cup with than finish in the top 4 so we've had the worst season out of anyone in the top 6 even if we finish 3rd(which is in our hands to do). Is that much different to Spurs when you really think about it, since they only have their finishing position and no silverware to be happy about? I'm not even sure I'd swap positions with the rags being in the Europa League final, it may be silverware but the league is a bigger indication of how good or bad your season has been(they haven't even been impressive in the Europa, performance wise against teams they should beating comfortably)."
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 15, 2017 3:00 pm

That's the key for me JC, it was marginal enough to be forgiven.

Here's Dermot Gallagher's take

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -gallagher

And here's proof that Sterling's position didn't obstruct Schmeichel's view

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Mon May 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Neither the keeper or the defender were anywhere close to the ball. They didn't even attempt to go for it because the were both wrong footed and on the other side of the goal.

I can see the Leicester players trying to blame the goal on Sterling being offsides, but then again, they're supposed to be the least partial observers on the field. Having said that, Schmeichel's rant after the game about Raheem being "triple offsides" is over the top nonsense. And for Shearer & Co. to agree with his is ridiculously biased.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon May 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That's the key for me JC, it was marginal enough to be forgiven.

Case closed. Fuck off Shearer!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 15, 2017 6:30 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That's the key for me JC, it was marginal enough to be forgiven.

Hate him. I hope it turns out Newcastle fielded an ineligible player last season and they get docked points meaning they don't get promoted. Failing that I hope they get relegated in the manner Sunderland did this year just to see Shearer cry.

As a pundit he brings nothing to the conversation. A shithouse.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Was a beautifully taken goal by little dave almost messi like but yet again no credit for the football genius . The BBC and Shearer look for and concentrate on a non existent negative instead ???? Fucking biased cunts !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon May 15, 2017 7:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Hate him. I hope it turns out Newcastle fielded an ineligible player last season and they get docked points meaning they don't get promoted. Failing that I hope they get relegated in the manner Sunderland did this year just to see Shearer cry.

He also is so devoid of personality, he makes the family man appear to be the quintessence of charisma........well perhaps not.

However, as a former footballer, he's completely lacking in technical and tactical knowledge to be an analyst, as a presenter (of sorts) he has no redeeming features to render him interesting, as a human being he has no warmth or sense of humour and, as a representative of 'homo sapiens', he is more akin to homo neanderthalensis.

All in all, his shortcomings in the brain cell department result in him being overwhelmingly, abjectly boring....and that's probably the kindest thing anyone could say about him.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

He also is so devoid of personality, he makes the family man appear to be the quintessence of charisma........well perhaps not.

However, as a former footballer, he's completely lacking in technical and tactical knowledge to be an analyst, as a presenter (of sorts) he has no redeeming features to render him interesting, as a human being he has no warmth or sense of humour and, as a representative of 'homo sapiens', he is more akin to homo neanderthalensis.

All in all, his shortcomings in the brain cell department result in him being overwhelmingly, abjectly boring....and that's probably the kindest thing anyone could say about him.

And a bald ugly cunt ......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm

City64 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

And a bald ugly cunt ......

Hey, steady on 64.

Stop defending him....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 16, 2017 10:30 am

Kaspers interview was laughable

"Definitely, the first goal is offside. Anybody who has played football, especially in goal, will know it’s offside."

"First of all he’s blocking my view when the ball comes across him, he blocks Christian Fuchs from making an attempt to get the ball."

"So it’s offside and it’s one of these debates we’d love to get involved in and, as players, we’re not allowed to.

"That’s what makes it very frustrating that they’re not willing to listen. They come in and tell us the rule but they won’t listen."

"He’s offside three times. It’s frustrating as we did well up to then and then we lost our composure and then they get the second one."

On their penalty he says:

Riya

Riyad Mahrez touched the ball twice as he steps up for second-half penalty on a bad afternoon for the Foxes
And while he conceded it was tricky with the Mahrez slipping, he slammed the consistency given Antoine Griezmann did a similar thing the other week for Atletico Madrid, which stood.

He added: "The incident with Riyad is a freak one. We saw the incident with Griezmann in the semi-final and it stood."

"You talk about consistency, it’s very difficult to take. There was something not right with the spin on the ball, but you’ve seen it given in the Champions League."

England winger Sterling claimed innocence with the offisde, saying: "I knew if I touched it I would be offside so I swung a foot at it and then left it.

"I wasn’t worried it would be ruled out as I didn’t touch it. It definitely served to stand."
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:36 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

- from another place

"I hate MOTD, bunch of arrogant bastards and when we have the "nerve" to call them out on their bullshit, they will try and say it's us with the problem.

Two things:

The Sterling offside was marginal enough to be forgiven, you wouldn't think so with the way Shearer went on about it(surprised they left in the commentators remarks about how little there was in it... someone on the editing team probably got a bollocking for that), secondly neither the defender or the keeper would have got near that and they knew it, they weren't ready for it and looked immediately for an easy out. Having said that he was offside, if it was a decision that went against City I know the tone they would have used would have been all about taking pressure off the ref and the defensive errors that led to that shot that was going in anyway would have been magnified, finishing off with it being an example for the need for video referees in the game. The thing they don't realise is we would rather have video referees because for every one "lucky" decision we've had there have been 3-4 bigger(not marginal) decisions gone against us, we'd be in a much better position(if not challenging for the title, then 2nd place).

The skysports replay angles showed(more than one) the initial contact for their penalty came outside the box, so it should have been a freekick(commentary both agreed on this, did the post match team agree too?) yet they find an angle for Shearer that looks as though was on the line just about(or they paused it at a place where their was contact while he was already going down?). Next Shearer says we were lucky to have it disallowed and it's a stupid rule even though the ball ended up going in a different direction thus completely fooling the keeper, which was the reason why Willy was so quick to point it out. That's just as much reason for the rule, obviously when you are able to look at things objectively you would have thought of that as another reason for the rule(as well as to stop them passing it around the keeper) but when you're a biased idiot stealing a living as a pundit, totally up his own ass you may have difficulty seeing sense in it.

We were also the better team, the stats make it look as though we battered them and we probably should have had we been more clinical and decisive up front.

Oh and Shearer reckons Arsenal would rather have an FA cup with than finish in the top 4 so we've had the worst season out of anyone in the top 6 even if we finish 3rd(which is in our hands to do). Is that much different to Spurs when you really think about it, since they only have their finishing position and no silverware to be happy about? I'm not even sure I'd swap positions with the rags being in the Europa League final, it may be silverware but the league is a bigger indication of how good or bad your season has been(they haven't even been impressive in the Europa, performance wise against teams they should beating comfortably)."

Perfectly summed up JC
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Scatman » Tue May 16, 2017 1:44 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:.

- from another place

"

Anyone remember this:

But City were back in the derby when Tevez equalised in controversial fashion three minutes before half-time. Rafael da Silva clearly fouled Craig Bellamy outside the area, but referee Mike Dean waited until the pair were inside the box before pointing to the spot.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Scatman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:.

- from another place

"

Anyone remember this:

But City were back in the derby when Tevez equalised in controversial fashion three minutes before half-time. Rafael da Silva clearly fouled Craig Bellamy outside the area, but referee Mike Dean waited until the pair were inside the box before pointing to the spot.

This particular debate isn't that the ref clearly got it wrong. It's that the pundits are trying to justify the wrong decision
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Tue May 16, 2017 2:37 pm

Someone should print out a giant copy of that photo of schmeichel's view as Silva scores - and make both schmeichel and Shearer eat it.

(And I know I capitalised one surname and not the other - just call me a rebel).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 18, 2017 8:26 am

Moss at the controls against Watford, if he can remove himself from his rolling stone that is.

I see the Alty fan has the rags again, this will be his sixth PL game reffing the rags. Interestingly, despite his close proximity to the Etihad, he hasn't been selected to do any more of our PL games since he sodomised us against Chelsea. Pressure on PiGMOL from the club perhaps?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 21, 2017 12:44 am

For those of us who wanted to know if City were doing anything about these bent Refs...then here you go.

When Pep Guardiola met with referees’ boss Mike Riley in January, the Manchester City boss hoped it would give him a better grasp of English football.

His conclusion afterwards was that it was a waste of time.

Guardiola was looking to understand how a team dominating possession stats and committing fewer fouls than most teams in the Premier League could be near the bottom of the Fair Play table.

He also wanted to know why his players were being denied so many game-changing decisions in season-defining matches.

So when PGMOL chief Riley accepted a request from the Catalan to meet at City’s Eihad campus, Guardiola asked his club’s technical department to compile a DVD of contentious incidents so that he could gauge the former FIFA referee’s opinion.

In the words of a high-level City source: “Mike Riley just sat there just nodding his head in agreement with what Pep was saying.

“But he offered no kind of explanation as to how so many elite referees could get so many big decisions wrong.

“By the end of the meeting, Pep was none the wiser.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby phips » Sun May 21, 2017 3:59 am

well thats it then. no point in watching next season. off to find another sport.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john68 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:12 am

ROTTEN TO THE FUKKIN CORE.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum