Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:53 pm

From Sky:
DERMOT SAYS: "It's indefensible really. The problem is that he [the assistant referee] is in the wrong position, he's not with the second rear-most defender. It's a great line on the edge of the penalty area, they're all on the line of the penalty area and Walker's past it and the assistant is in line with Walker, so he's not taken up the right position.

"It's a lapse of concentration, he's just lost focus and it happened last week at Southampton with the same assistant. He's a guy who goes out and officiates in the Champions League so he's a top official, but it's about getting him back to that point again."

From BBC sport - Southamton via Man Utd:
Mata was offside in the build-up but Martial - who scored on his debut against Liverpool last week - again showed composure to turn Virgil van Dijk and fire home.

I am assuming that Mata's goal is the one referred to in the Sky report.

If it is - no need to say anymore really.
If I remember correctly, the same thing (dodgy decisions) happened the last time Man Utd won the title - on paper they had a tough run before XMAS - City had an easy one - so on paper City were going to get way ahead of them. However - Utd got every decision going - City got none. So when the fixture list turned - Utd's easy run and City's hard run - Utd had been nicely set-up for the title - via a helping hand from their friends.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:47 am

This week we get Mr Kevin Friend another shite ref imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:54 am

gillie wrote:This week we get Mr Kevin Friend another shite ref imo.

Agree but is there any good ones?

I used to think Dean was decent but he's become increasingly inconsistent, I can't believe I'm going to say this but Atkinson is probably the best of the lot at the moment, which in itself speaks volumes.

I guess if they're not held accountable for their incompetence then how are standards supposed to improve?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:00 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I used to think Dean was decent but he's become increasingly inconsistent, I can't believe I'm going to say this but Atkinson is probably the best of the lot at the moment, which in itself speaks volumes.

I guess if they're not held accountable for their incompetence then how are standards supposed to improve?

They should be when they earn between 70 and 85 thousand a year.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:19 pm

gillie wrote:

Cheatingburg makes at least six figures, since his crap reffing is considered, "elite."
So, he also gets to ref CL & International matches... Can you name any other type of employment that would pay so much for & reward such a constant level of bad performances?!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:27 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
gillie wrote:

Cheatingburg makes at least six figures, since his crap reffing is considered, "elite."
So, he also gets to ref CL & International matches... Can you name any other type of employment that would pay so much for & reward such a constant level of bad performances?!

Any cabinet minister of the last twenty years
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
gillie wrote:

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Can you name any other type of employment that would pay so much for & reward such a constant level of bad performances?!

This perfect punchline and drumming rim shot made me smile...just what I needed and many thanks!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 am

I don't mind clattenburg. He's ok. Probert on the other hand...
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:30 pm

4th Official needs to intervene with such mistakes, I am pretty sure he pops down at H.T and tells them they have fooked up big time, Demi getting booked is also piss take. I would also like to see City ditch this play fair and never surround a ref, Saturday was perfect for fuck this, we will kick off when you get the message we have done our job and you clowns have killed us.
Pundits media love to brush over such incidents with City. Time for the players to make it known that is the last time you piss taking cunts.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Hoddle was pathetic, blaming it on our backline rather than the bastard officials.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Hoddle was pathetic, blaming it on our backline rather than the bastard officials.

Hoddle will be reincarnated as a cockroach.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Dimples wrote:From Sky:
DERMOT SAYS: "It's indefensible really. The problem is that he [the assistant referee] is in the wrong position, he's not with the second rear-most defender. It's a great line on the edge of the penalty area, they're all on the line of the penalty area and Walker's past it and the assistant is in line with Walker, so he's not taken up the right position.

"It's a lapse of concentration, he's just lost focus and it happened last week at Southampton with the same assistant. He's a guy who goes out and officiates in the Champions League so he's a top official, but it's about getting him back to that point again."

From BBC sport - Southamton via Man Utd:
Mata was offside in the build-up but Martial - who scored on his debut against Liverpool last week - again showed composure to turn Virgil van Dijk and fire home.

I am assuming that Mata's goal is the one referred to in the Sky report.

If it is - no need to say anymore really.
If I remember correctly, the same thing (dodgy decisions) happened the last time Man Utd won the title - on paper they had a tough run before XMAS - City had an easy one - so on paper City were going to get way ahead of them. However - Utd got every decision going - City got none. So when the fixture list turned - Utd's easy run and City's hard run - Utd had been nicely set-up for the title - via a helping hand from their friends.

Nice bit of sleuthing mate.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Hoddle was pathetic, blaming it on our backline rather than the bastard officials.

Hoddle will be reincarnated as a cock./quote]
Amended for you
nottsblue

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Let's hope that the CL officials don't completely fix & influence the outcome of tonight's match. We deserve some ref luck, combined with playing magic, for a City win!

This is a quote from Mark Booth, from the Match Day section of the official site:

"Clement Turpin is our referee for tonight's game. Let's hope there aren't any easy punchlines in the headlines of press tomorrow morning! You know what I'm saying... "
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Refs fucking us over in the league and now in the chumps as well!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Mase wrote:Refs fucking us over in the league and now in the chumps as well!

At least they are consistent!
nottsblue

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:45 pm

So Beefy, last minute pen to City. Explanation?lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:48 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:So Beefy, last minute pen to City. Explanation?lol

First I want answers about a penalty for them that shouldn't have been given - and also a goal for us that crossed the line but wasn't given.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Dameerto wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:So Beefy, last minute pen to City. Explanation?lol

First I want answers about a penalty for them that shouldn't have been given - and also a goal for us that crossed the line but wasn't given.

Exactly.
Why point out a stone wall penalty that was correctly given?!
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum