Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:56 am

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It's not hugely important, given our standing in all comps, but for the integrity of the game, nights like this have to be investigated.

We've had a fair run all season, 50 50s going for and against us, but tonight was very, very strange.

I just went to bed because I couldn’t be bothered watching us getting screwed over.

If they’re going to go back to doing that to us I’m 100% giving up on football. There’s just no point.

It's night and day compared to the proper officiating overall this season mate

He should be asked firstly where the 8 mins came from and then that weird penalty decision.

Cunts like him need to be removed because they drag the league down.

Was it him we had v Everton??
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:56 am

Let me start by saying I have no issue with Ian's flying lunge at Bravo 1st Half, however if that is only a red and Walkers guiding all be it tight marking of Gray a quick as a flash Pen. Then the game is bent and that ref needs asking a few questions. He has stitched us up more than once, allowed teams to kick lumps out of us more often than not. I hate slagging refs but I do take exception the piss be taken.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 am

I think we've had some decent ref'ing since the debacle of Walker and Sterling being sent off but I'm seeing more and more hard tackles not get what they deserve as well as the ref breaking up the play in midfield when we are on a roll. First offence/early yellows, for not very much, that the oppo doesn't get and no protection for our players, whether it be red card challenges or wrestling them off the field.

Pep has shown his displeasure during the games and it will be interesting to see how we are ref'd in our next few games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dimples » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I think we've had some decent ref'ing since the debacle of Walker and Sterling being sent off but I'm seeing more and more hard tackles not get what they deserve as well as the ref breaking up the play in midfield when we are on a roll. First offence/early yellows, for not very much, that the oppo doesn't get and no protection for our players, whether it be red card challenges or wrestling them off the field.

Pep has shown his displeasure during the games and it will be interesting to see how we are ref'd in our next few games.

I think so to, slowly last year's standards are being (re)imposed on us.
The really worrying thing is protection of our players.
Ali and Kane were straight red card offences, both potential leg breakers, really nasty tackles.
The club need to nip this in the bud.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:41 am

Original Dub wrote:He should be asked firstly where the 8 mins came from and then that weird penalty decision.

I was expecting it to be a minimum of 7, in all honesty. Mangala's bloodied nose stopped the match for over 4 minutes, and at least 5 subs were used before the board went up (not sure if Dele-Bashiru was before or after, but I think after).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Original Dub wrote:He should be asked firstly where the 8 mins came from and then that weird penalty decision.

I was expecting it to be a minimum of 7, in all honesty. Mangala's bloodied nose stopped the match for over 4 minutes, and at least 5 subs were used before the board went up (not sure if Dele-Bashiru was before or after, but I think after).

The stoppage for Mangala took just over two minutes mate, just watched it back.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:13 pm

I was expecting that amount of time. Toward the end of those injuries I posted that we would be here all night at this rate. In a funny way it's nice to see a ref doing it properly.

But not to pick this case to do it!!!!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Noted the same, very close to 2 minutes and no time wasting had gone on at all. Then the first chance he gets he gives a pen instead of a booking for a dive. He must be an incompetent ref as the alternative surely cant be true!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:39 pm

I really think we need to kick up a stink with this cunt , he already set out his agenda and Im not saying that with blinkers on - every fuckign time we went down it was deemed a dive according to this cunt , so he obviously listened to cunts like the portuguese prick and thought to himself , right , Ill book them anytime they go down and that's that.

The CONTINUING treatment he dishes out to Walker is borderline stalking.

Disgusting.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Just watched the second half in full again, the 8 minutes added was fair. Chilwell, Hamer and Mangala’s treatment all took 2 minutes each.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:01 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Fair enough. I might have been thinking of the amount of time from the stopping of play to him being subbed. I know I didn't raise an eyebrow when the 8 minutes sign was held up.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Maybe Madley felt bad on poor little Leicester from.last season when he reffed the game.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... r-analysed
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Just watched the second half in full again, the 8 minutes added was fair. Chilwell, Hamer and Mangala’s treatment all took 2 minutes each.

Well that's fair enough then.

It didn't feel like it at the time, but it's there to be looked at again.

Just like his decisions I suppose.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Just watched the second half in full again, the 8 minutes added was fair. Chilwell, Hamer and Mangala’s treatment all took 2 minutes each.

It is only fair when other refs follow the same line of justified added time....but they dont. It's like when we were penalized for ''fouling''shirt holding players in our box as that was the new ''memo'' sent out to refs..apparently - didn't catch on did it.

Its down to the ref and what he thinks....Madley had his agenda set out from the first whistle.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:21 pm

The thing that gets me about Madley ( and oliver , for that matter), is that i bet he simply is useless at playing the game.

Anyone playing the game knows that Walker didn‘t dive, but he did go over avoiding the defender. He didn‘t make a meal of it.

As for how Madley could give the penalty , well he can only be corrupt. You will not see a better example of a dive, so obvious . Yet that cnut couldn‘t wait to blow for a penalty . He should not be refereeing at all.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Biggest fucking dive of the season so far and NO RETROPECSTIVE ACTION to be taken by the three "man" panel SSN just reporting . What a fucking sham !!! Oh well at least the cheating diving cunt is available v the rags this weekend , but what a joke ! Oh and Madley just carries on as normal the bent useless fat Yorkshire twat .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It is only fair when other refs follow the same line of justified added time....but they dont. It's like when we were penalized for ''fouling''shirt holding players in our box as that was the new ''memo'' sent out to refs..apparently - didn't catch on did it.

Its down to the ref and what he thinks....Madley had his agenda set out from the first whistle.

Agree with every word Carl however taking just last night's added time in isolation we don't have much grounds for complaining.

It's obvious that Madley doesn't like us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby freshie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Agree with every word Carl however taking just last night's added time in isolation we don't have much grounds for complaining.

It's obvious that Madley doesn't like us.

I thought the 4th official determines time added on

Madley's stil a cunt, however
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:56 pm

freshie wrote:I thought the 4th official determines time added on

Likewise. I don't have any idea what kind of communication can go on between them and the ref both in-game and at half time. I really think that the public should be able to hear what goes through their microphones and earpieces, like with rugby.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:40 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
freshie wrote:I thought the 4th official determines time added on

Likewise. I don't have any idea what kind of communication can go on between them and the ref both in-game and at half time. I really think that the public should be able to hear what goes through their microphones and earpieces, like with rugby.

I agree but we both know it'll never happen. As if the FA would be that transparent
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum