Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Wooders wrote:The 7 minutes extra time so they could equalise certainly backfired last night

7 minutes was easily warranted. Laporte was getting attention on the pitch for a good 3-4 minutes and there was also another collision with Ottamendi and the everton striker

Plus 5 or 6 substitutions.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:44 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Wooders wrote:The 7 minutes extra time so they could equalise certainly backfired last night

7 minutes was easily warranted. Laporte was getting attention on the pitch for a good 3-4 minutes and there was also another collision with Ottamendi and the everton striker

Plus 5 or 6 substitutions.

with the injuries and subs we can't complain about the extra time last night.

i thought it was great how city went into the long ball game at the end , must have made Everton crazy, thinking we were in panic mode .

Little Bernardo is rapidly becoming a big hero , his ball control , touch and ability to see the way players are moving to nick the ball off them is very impressive .He's young and going to be great for aus as Merlin winds down
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:48 pm

I did not see the Dippers game but reading the Sky match report (and that is obviously pro-Dipper):

1. The first Liverpool goal was offside
2. This goal gave them the confidence to play ball - so they get a second
3. At 2 - 0 a decent penalty shout for B'mouth is not given
4. Then the B'mouth player (Smith) is booked for tackling the Dipper who upended him (Robertson)

This little snippet shows just how tough it is going to be for us to retain the PL.
Why do the other clubs not complain?
I mean if the first goal was not given, then B'mouth were still in it at 0-0 with the Dippers getting panicky, etc...

I don't get why all the other clubs affected by this do not complain.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Dimples wrote:I did not see the Dippers game but reading the Sky match report (and that is obviously pro-Dipper):

1. The first Liverpool goal was offside
2. This goal gave them the confidence to play ball - so they get a second
3. At 2 - 0 a decent penalty shout for B'mouth is not given
4. Then the B'mouth player (Smith) is booked for tackling the Dipper who upended him (Robertson)

This little snippet shows just how tough it is going to be for us to retain the PL.
Why do the other clubs not complain?
I mean if the first goal was not given, then B'mouth were still in it at 0-0 with the Dippers getting panicky, etc...

I don't get why all the other clubs affected by this do not complain.

Managers do complain but club chairmen won't. They know which side their bread is buttered and none of them want to be on the end of continued bad officiating as it can drop them out of the league and away from the trough.

Just like the top teams call the shots and then get the turkeys voting for something you'd never think they'd do, such as FFP, which means they can save on money as they never need to challenge.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:00 pm

I honestly believe the dippers will fuck up, I think rags will beat them, also Chelsea, thing is, we need to take advantage of said fuck ups, I hope I am right.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I honestly believe the dippers will fuck up, I think rags will beat them, also Chelsea, thing is, we need to take advantage of said fuck ups, I hope I am right.

And that starts tomorrow. Even after the Everton game you had to look at the fixtures and think the Dippers would win and we had a difficult game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:I honestly believe the dippers will fuck up, I think rags will beat them, also Chelsea, thing is, we need to take advantage of said fuck ups, I hope I am right.

And that starts tomorrow. Even after the Everton game you had to look at the fixtures and think the Dippers would win and we had a difficult game.

We all expected a red scouse win yesterday. It's now over to us to get the three points. IF we are top at the end of today, there is real pressure on theme going into their game at the swamp knowing it is their game in hand. Looking forward to today's game
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:09 am

salford city wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

We all expected a red scouse win yesterday. It's now over to us to get the three points. IF we are top at the end of today, there is real pressure on theme going into their game at the swamp knowing it is their game in hand. Looking forward to today's game

Me too, pal. These aren't the games that should be shyed away from, these are the games we should be looking forward to; games that could define a season.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Fair play to Dean today. Was a very solid performance. Perhaps could’ve had another penalty late on, but that aside, was fair to both sides, something which is sadly lacking in a lot of games
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:Fair play to Dean today. Was a very solid performance. Perhaps could’ve had another penalty late on, but that aside, was fair to both sides, something which is sadly lacking in a lot of games

Yep. Most annoying thing about dean today was his silly move pointing to the spot.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:02 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Fair play to Dean today. Was a very solid performance. Perhaps could’ve had another penalty late on, but that aside, was fair to both sides, something which is sadly lacking in a lot of games

Yep. Most annoying thing about dean today was his silly move pointing to the spot.

Thought he started off giving the emphasis to the Chav's but we were too good for them, leading to Dean having no choice but to give a honest assessment.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 pm

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... p-15826260

Ill put this in here as I had no idea their pitch was a fucking mud heap and their players dirty little cunts.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-injury-fa-cup-15826260

Ill put this in here as I had no idea their pitch was a fucking mud heap and their players dirty little cunts.

Been something like 50 odd games already this season on this pitch. Newport share the ground with two rugby teams as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 am

This is a pure gues, a lot of Scousers in the Newport squad?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Scatman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:This is a pure gues, a lot of Scousers in the Newport squad?

not a single one
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby s1ty m » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Scatman wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:This is a pure gues, a lot of Scousers in the Newport squad?

not a single one

Like that makes a difference. Liverpool have weird armchair support from as wide a spread as The Rags. I guess 3 of them are Dippers 'fans'. I put those two vile clubs together these days. Vile. Just vile.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby bigblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 pm

the spanish ref needs to be investigated. that was a complete farce
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:12 pm

bigblue wrote:the spanish ref needs to be investigated. that was a complete farce

Possibly the worst refereeing performance I've seen in years - and there's been some unbelievable ones in there! :shock:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:26 pm

With pep and his political views we really should not have any Spanish refs should we.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 pm

sheblue wrote:With pep and his political views we really should not have any Spanish refs should we.

Was thinking the same.
We do seem to get them a lot or is it my imagination.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum