Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:46 pm

john68 wrote:Money, money, money!!!!!
Top and bottom of it. Whether it's UeFA or the Prem, it's all down to money. Billions of it in any denomination you wish to choose.
If the Prem can deliver the rags, Arse, Chavs and the dippers into the top four, they have maximised their profits and made everybody happy.
The Prem gets top dollar from the global TV sales, the global media gets higher audience figures and their sales and advertising increases.

When it's all added up, these guys aren't simply dealing in $Ms, not even $bns. This shower of shite who have control of our game, if you add in the gambling (legal & illegal), are playing for TRILLIONS. Serious, serious money....serious serious crime.

Refs are just one of the tools the fhey use to give them a helping hand. Never forget that POGMOL, who employ and appoint refs are a private company. They are distanced from the FA and Prem. If caught, "Fuck all to with us Guv" and the football institutions are squeaky clean.

Oh how we laughed a few years ago when the Fat Spanish Waiter ranted about the rags and favouritism. Benitez, that usually quiet, diplomatic man who lost it publically.
And Maureen, when the Chavs were screwed by a ref surprisingly said "The ref did a good job". interpreted in the press as sarcasm and avoiding a disciplinary. Maybe just maybe it was a gentle nod in the directions of the ref doing as he was instructed by his masters and doing it well.
Pep hyas already sought meetings with POGMOL. All these incidents, coincidental? All those incidents favouring a particular group of teams that need to be helped, coincidental.

Oh and BTW.....It's LUVVERLY to be back....Hello friends.

Welcome back you old fossil.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:56 pm

After yet another stonewall pen not given in our favour yesterday I am left seriously questioning whether to quit watching the game and team I love anymore. My health and sanity is seriously at risk from these bent fuckers and to be honest it really isn't worth the risk. Ronan has been keeping an account of how many pens we have been denied but i'm fucked if I know how many it is now but to my mind this season alone they must have cost us upwards of 10 points.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:28 pm

gillie wrote:After yet another stonewall pen not given in our favour yesterday I am left seriously questioning whether to quit watching the game and team I love anymore. My health and sanity is seriously at risk from these bent fuckers and to be honest it really isn't worth the risk. Ronan has been keeping an account of how many pens we have been denied but i'm fucked if I know how many it is now but to my mind this season alone they must have cost us upwards of 10 points.

Make no mistake , at the end , if a City player hand handled the ball Marriner would have blown for a pen.

Which tosser do we have on Wednesday ?

Edit: just found out .., Dean ffs !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 pm

gillie wrote:After yet another stonewall pen not given in our favour yesterday I am left seriously questioning whether to quit watching the game and team I love anymore. My health and sanity is seriously at risk from these bent fuckers and to be honest it really isn't worth the risk. Ronan has been keeping an account of how many pens we have been denied but i'm fucked if I know how many it is now but to my mind this season alone they must have cost us upwards of 10 points.

Although we've had quite a few stonewall penos waved away this season, it's nothing like the amount from last season.

However, this season we have spent most of the time being bottom or close to bottom of the fair play league. Which makes absolutely no sense when we're the team with the most possession.
It's impossible if reffed fairly.

And what's stood out the most is amount of times we should have been playing 10 men.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:02 pm

zuricity wrote:

Make no mistake , at the end , if a City player hand handled the ball Marriner would have blown for a pen.

Which tosser do we have on Wednesday ?

Edit: just found out .., Dean ffs !

It doesn't matter who the ref is anymore. Not one who isn't a cheat.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:05 am

Thank you gentlemen for the welcome back.
Gillie my old mate, these refs doing your health no good is terrible pal.
But that refs have affected your sanity?
Hahahahahaha.
When did you manage to get this sanity thingy then?
Luv yoo.!!!!!!!
Last edited by john68 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:18 am

Original Dub wrote:

Although we've had quite a few stonewall penos waved away this season, it's nothing like the amount from last season.

However, this season we have spent most of the time being bottom or close to bottom of the fair play league. Which makes absolutely no sense when we're the team with the most possession.
It's impossible if reffed fairly.

And what's stood out the most is amount of times we should have been playing 10 men.

I don't quite agree with that mate. We do a lot of intentional fouling which lends itself to earning yellows. Because we have so much possession, when we turn the ball over we are susceptible on the counter. We foul to break up the play and give our players a chance to regroup. It's much easier for a ref to give a yellow for these fouls. Although, yes we have had some dodgies go against us. My point is it does make sense why we concede so many. The issue is why the opposition aren't earning their fair share.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:44 am

dazby wrote:My point is it does make sense why we concede so many. The issue is why the opposition aren't earning their fair share.

What's your answer to this, dazby?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ruralblue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 am

john68 wrote:Thank you gentlemen for the welcome back.
Gillie my old mate, these refs doing your health no good is terrible pal.
But that refs have affected your sanity?
Hahahahahaha.
When did you manage to get this sanity thingy then?
Luv yoo.!!!!!!!

You need to go over to the New Members section pal and introduce yourself! ;-)

Welcome back t'old bean :-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
dazby wrote:My point is it does make sense why we concede so many. The issue is why the opposition aren't earning their fair share.

What's your answer to this, dazby?

Because everyone is bitter and jealous that we won the lottery.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:43 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:http://bet.unibet.co.uk/football/premier-league/manchester-city-have-genuine-grounds-complaint-about-refereeing-mistakes

He merely points out the facts, but in this sky world, where the facts get bent, twisted and edited, it is a rarity.
He mentions Milner "clattering into the back of Sterling" which is a red card and penalty all day long, yet when Sky showed the incident on a loop on SSN, it was shown as "A chance Sterling really should have taken".

The cover-up after the fact is far more worrying and sinister than the decision itself. If these incidents were highlighted by the media, the need for change becomes far more evident, but when the media sweep it under the carpet, it gets forgotten about.

I feel like smashing up the TV when the pundits sit there before kick off every Saturday trying to figure out how City "fall short in the big games" and why City are "so far behind Chelsea".

Like it never even happened.

The Emperor's clothes.
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:44 pm

.....and that young Dub brings up another issue....the complicity of those, in the know that keep it hushed up.

For corruption of this level to exist in football and remain largely unreported or investigated successfully takes a lot of people to remain silent.

The corruption within FIFA was astronomic, not only the figures involved, the fact that it was geographically global and the sheer length of time it had gone on for. Add to that, that there were journalists out there who spent a career chasing Blatter, writing articles and making public the information. One journalist was banned by FIFA from going near Blatter or anywhere where Blatter was speaking or meeting. This was enforced by police forces throughout the World who blocked his path and moved him on rather than investigate the information he was publicising.

Clubs sponsored by gambling organisations, who have a vested interest in making profit out of the game and the results of games are allowed to partner clubs by the football authorities.......No thoughts about conflicts of interest. And that is just the legal ones. God only knows what the illegal gambling syndicates are doing.

And the Governments. football authorities, police forces and the almost the whole of the global media sit on their arses and say and do NOWT.

That POGMOL is a private company that was set up to appoint referees, creating a distance for whatever reason between the football authorities and the officials, should be warning enough. But consider too that; they are NOT allowed to comment, they CAN'T be questioned and if they should be criticised in any way, the perpetrator can be fined, banned or both.

Even when someone lifts the lid a touch and gives us a tiny glimpse inside, Mourinho, Benitez, the ex manager of Luton Town (some years ago), Halsey, the retired referee, it all goes quietly away after a day or two of our media saying "This must be investigated" but it never is.

Rotten to the fuffkin core.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Justified logic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 pm

john68 wrote:.....and that young Dub brings up another issue....the complicity of those, in the know that keep it hushed up.

For corruption of this level to exist in football and remain largely unreported or investigated successfully takes a lot of people to remain silent.

The corruption within FIFA was astronomic, not only the figures involved, the fact that it was geographically global and the sheer length of time it had gone on for. Add to that, that there were journalists out there who spent a career chasing Blatter, writing articles and making public the information. One journalist was banned by FIFA from going near Blatter or anywhere where Blatter was speaking or meeting. This was enforced by police forces throughout the World who blocked his path and moved him on rather than investigate the information he was publicising.

Clubs sponsored by gambling organisations, who have a vested interest in making profit out of the game and the results of games are allowed to partner clubs by the football authorities.......No thoughts about conflicts of interest. And that is just the legal ones. God only knows what the illegal gambling syndicates are doing.

And the Governments. football authorities, police forces and the almost the whole of the global media sit on their arses and say and do NOWT.

That POGMOL is a private company that was set up to appoint referees, creating a distance for whatever reason between the football authorities and the officials, should be warning enough. But consider too that; they are NOT allowed to comment, they CAN'T be questioned and if they should be criticised in any way, the perpetrator can be fined, banned or both.

Even when someone lifts the lid a touch and gives us a tiny glimpse inside, Mourinho, Benitez, the ex manager of Luton Town (some years ago), Halsey, the retired referee, it all goes quietly away after a day or two of our media saying "This must be investigated" but it never is.

Good post.

This PGMOL structure is set up deliberately to protect the incompetent and hide any possible corruption.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 am

john68 wrote:.....and that young Dub brings up another issue....the complicity of those, in the know that keep it hushed up.

Excellent post. I can see any Video review officials​ in the future, being influenced by the broadcast media's coverage of the game. The same incident can look completely different from other angles.

You can see it in international games, when a home nation has control of the cameras​, with coverage which seem to favour the home nation. Certain incidents are replayed from various angles, sometimes​ in slow motion while other incidents appear to be ignored.

Ibrahimovic recently stamped on Ming's prior to the use of his elbow but it was deliberately ignored by the FA and broadcast media.

Sky have repeatedly shown they are not an impartial broadcaster. Sky tried to buy United not so long ago. United have managed to appoint influential figures, including current and former officials​ throughout the football governing bodies and in the media.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 am

gillie wrote:After yet another stonewall pen not given in our favour yesterday I am left seriously questioning whether to quit watching the game and team I love anymore. My health and sanity is seriously at risk from these bent fuckers and to be honest it really isn't worth the risk......

It's alright gillie, one of Dr Dermot's remedies will put you right :D

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -gallagher
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:58 am

johnny crossan wrote:
gillie wrote:After yet another stonewall pen not given in our favour yesterday I am left seriously questioning whether to quit watching the game and team I love anymore. My health and sanity is seriously at risk from these bent fuckers and to be honest it really isn't worth the risk......

It's alright gillie, one of Dr Dermot's remedies will put you right :D

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -gallagher

Incredible, Navas does kick his arm but only because his arm was in the way of the ball, it shouldn't have been there in the first place as you can't play the ball with your arm.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:32 am

Apparently the FA don't re-referee incidents that the referee has seen

sport/football/788513/Chelsea-Howard-Webb-verdict-Man-City-Diego-Costa
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 am

Original Dub wrote:Apparently the FA don't re-referee incidents that the referee has seen
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/788513/Chelsea-Howard-Webb-verdict-Man-City-Diego-Costa

Indeed, when asked he's unlikely to be afflicted with 'Marriner vision'
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:55 am

I see also that Walcott managed not to get retrospective action for the over the ball straight leg challenge on Sunday. Definitely one rule for some and no rules for others.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum