Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:With pep and his political views we really should not have any Spanish refs should we.

Was thinking the same.
We do seem to get them a lot or is it my imagination.

Well, with the Final in Madrid and every likelihood that Athletico will partake, i can't see them selecting a Spanish referee.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:00 am

zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:With pep and his political views we really should not have any Spanish refs should we.

Was thinking the same.
We do seem to get them a lot or is it my imagination.

Well, with the Final in Madrid and every likelihood that Athletico will partake, i can't see them selecting a Spanish referee.

We’re sorted so.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:55 am

What dickhead was on VAR? Otamendi tries to put his hand behind his back, the complete opposite of deliberately moving your hand towards the ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:38 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What dickhead was on VAR? Otamendi tries to put his hand behind his back, the complete opposite of deliberately moving your hand towards the ball.
Also, their second goal was a penalty awarded against an offside player, special rules for City but as has already been said, it might be a good idea if Pep didn't wear his yellow ribbon when we've got a Spanish ref.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:07 am

I'm sick to death of us talking about referees after chumps league games. What the fuck do we have to do to get a level playing field? Fucking ridiculous that we are still getting shafted year on year
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 am

After reviewing replays of the penalties this morning I think the first is 100% a penalty - its irrelevant if he tried to get his arm out of the way, if it stops the trajectory of the ball heading towards the goal then it should be a fuckign penalty....no gripes from me there.

As for the second one , no way is it a penalty for the reasons given above.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:After reviewing replays of the penalties this morning I think the first is 100% a penalty - its irrelevant if he tried to get his arm out of the way, if it stops the trajectory of the ball heading towards the goal then it should be a fuckign penalty....no gripes from me there.

I could buy the penalty for the first one, but the yellow card is utterly ridiculous.
One thing about VAR is that it really puts the spotlight on refs that are inept and bereft of confidence. Just dare to blow the fucking whistle and trust your own judgement instead of putting you finger to your ear after every call you make!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:36 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:After reviewing replays of the penalties this morning I think the first is 100% a penalty - its irrelevant if he tried to get his arm out of the way, if it stops the trajectory of the ball heading towards the goal then it should be a fuckign penalty....no gripes from me there.

"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm."

That's what it states in the rule.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm."

If that’s the rule then it’s not a penalty - but the rule needs changing , my reasoning is quite justified .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If that’s the rule then it’s not a penalty - but the rule needs changing , my reasoning is quite justified .
:lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:47 pm

First one is a penalty he stops the ball with his arm and he's in front of goal. For the rest of be told that he can't watch check it on the screen because it's broken is ridiculous . The second I will live with if every time that happens, it's the same result. Would either or both of those be given against Farca or the Madridistas? Would they shite
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Funnily enough Carl the rule is due to change as and from next season to be more in line with what you say, if a hand stops a goalbound shot then it's a penalty regardless of intent.

That decision last night was disgraceful under the current rules.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Funnily enough Carl the rule is due to change as and from next season to be more in line with what you say, if a hand stops a goalbound shot then it's a penalty regardless of intent.

That decision last night was disgraceful under the current rules.

Ive always said we need to score 3 goals or more to ensure we win a game of football with the amount of atrocious decisions going against us.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:43 pm

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2593061.html#
UEFA have spoken about last night.

Really sounds to me like rules are made up as they go along.

I’ve gone full circle again and now can’t marry their logic for the first penalty with the actual rules of the game and even if it is a penalty don’t know how the ref can give a yellow also without evidence. What did the VAR panel say.
We have to hear these conversations. Last night was a farce and the integrity of the game is really suffering.

The second penalty? Well if they are the rules of the game they need changing. It’s got ridiculous.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:18 pm

Simple isn't it really? just leave your arms in the dressing room !

What nonsense, it is called handball not fingernail to shoulder ball.

That first penalty was never a handball , absolutely stupid including the laughable VAR process.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2593061.html#

The second penalty? Well if they are the rules of the game they need changing. It’s got ridiculous.

So having read "law 11", my understanding is to be offside isn't an offence, but becomes an offence when you become involved in play from an offside position. Examples they give include preventing an opponent from seeing/playing the ball. How was Fern supposed to get to the ball as the opponent was in his way?
I think Brian Clough was right when he said that if you are not interfering with play you shouldn't be on the pitch!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:46 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2593061.html#

So having read "law 11", my understanding is to be offside isn't an offence, but becomes an offence when you become involved in play from an offside position. Examples they give include preventing an opponent from seeing/playing the ball. How was Fern supposed to get to the ball as the opponent was in his way?
I think Brian Clough was right when he said that if you are not interfering with play you shouldn't be on the pitch!
Nastasic was their furthest forward player in an offside position and he prevented Eddy from seeing and catching the ball before any contact by Fern.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Penalty 1. Not a penalty as per the laws. Otter did not make his hand towards to ball, his arms were by his side. Mark Halsey ripped this apart and even said Walton's analysis was poor and it was never a penalty.

Penalty 2. The ball was heading directly towards the schalke players, how are they not active?
Also, did the foul from fern start outside the area also?

Another point.
When is someone offside? You see some offsides are clear as day but the linesman waits 5 seconds for the player to get close to the ball before pulling it back, even though he knows immediately that the layer will be first to the ball by a country mile as he is ahead of everyone and sprinting for it.

In other cases they blow for it immediately even though the player hasn't gone for the ball?

There is no consistency and that is what bugs me. Refs and their assistant refs interpret things their own way. The start standard of refs has gone downhill and that is hard to do when they were already poor.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Penalty 1. Not a penalty as per the laws. Otter did not make his hand towards to ball, his arms were by his side. Mark Halsey ripped this apart and even said Walton's analysis was poor and it was never a penalty.

Penalty 2. The ball was heading directly towards the schalke players, how are they not active?
Also, did the foul from fern start outside the area also?

Another point.
When is someone offside? You see some offsides are clear as day but the linesman waits 5 seconds for the player to get close to the ball before pulling it back, even though he knows immediately that the layer will be first to the ball by a country mile as he is ahead of everyone and sprinting for it.

In other cases they blow for it immediately even though the player hasn't gone for the ball?

There is no consistency and that is what bugs me. Refs and their assistant refs interpret things their own way. The start standard of refs has gone downhill and that is hard to do when they were already poor.

I said before that if there was going to be a game whereby there would be controversy with VAR then it would involve Man City...100% and some people wonder why people like me believe that there are certain agendas against us from the powers that be.

I mean...the fuckign VAR machine, pitch side, wasn't fuckign working ?????!!!!! that's normally what happens when some cunt pulls the plug out.

YCMTSU
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:31 pm

I'm ok with both pens.

BUT, when Iran meet to discuss the laws, they need to make changes that make them black and white. Remove the interpretation.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum