Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:59 am

The commons select committee should ask for a chat. They want to reform the FA add the referees and it would fall apart.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The commons select committee should ask for a chat. They want to reform the FA add the referees and it would fall apart.

Good point.

Get them letters in to your MPs, folks.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:05 pm

How does sideshow get away with the shit that he does? The push on Aguero last night as an example, or the push on Silva when the latter was penalised for handball? Then there's the constant body checking? Is it back to the old argument that refs haven't played the game so don't know the 'dark arts'? or does he have an angelic demeanour that he gets the benefit of the doubt constantly?

The worst decision last night was Silva conceding a free for being fouled by Pedro, even Pedro was shocked.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How does sideshow get away with the shit that he does? The push on Aguero last night as an example, or the push on Silva when the latter was penalised for handball? Then there's the constant body checking? Is it back to the old argument that refs haven't played the game so don't know the 'dark arts'? or does he have an angelic demeanour that he gets the benefit of the doubt constantly?

The worst decision last night was Silva conceding a free for being fouled by Pedro, even Pedro was shocked.

Because we have a BENT REF that fucks us every single time the '''star wannabe'''' refs us.

Diego Costa will not face any retrospective FA punishment for his apparent kick at Vincent Kompany. There were fears the Chelsea striker could face a ban over the clash with Manchester City's captain in the 70th minute of Wednesday night's match, which ended in a 2-1 win for Chelsea. However, referee Mike Dean saw the incident and dealt with it at the time meaning Costa is in the clear.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How does sideshow get away with the shit that he does? The push on Aguero last night as an example, or the push on Silva when the latter was penalised for handball? Then there's the constant body checking? Is it back to the old argument that refs haven't played the game so don't know the 'dark arts'? or does he have an angelic demeanour that he gets the benefit of the doubt constantly?

Because we have a BENT REF that fucks us every single time the '''star wannabe'''' refs us.

Diego Costa will not face any retrospective FA punishment for his apparent kick at Vincent Kompany. There were fears the Chelsea striker could face a ban over the clash with Manchester City's captain in the 70th minute of Wednesday night's match, which ended in a 2-1 win for Chelsea. However, referee Mike Dean saw the incident and dealt with it at the time meaning Costa is in the clear.

It's not just Jasper Carrot, sorry I mean Mike Dean, though mate, it's them all, every time I watch this cunt play he's at it and gets away with it.

It's like that other big nosed cunt at the swamp, every challenge he goes for he leaves something on the opponent and is very rarely punished for it.

Couldn't care less about that other thug getting away with that retrospectively, I was pissed off that he got away with it when watching last night but the fact he's facing no ban is no skin off our nose.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

How the flip Kante got away with his assault on Silva with Dean 2 yards away needs anwering , otherwise it's bent. I do hate our lack of pressure on the bent t***. Who i think would let it go as they are happy to f*** us about with a minimum of fuss. Pep knows we are being abused.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:21 pm

fcuk Me ! how bad is this media thing with City

Just out or wonder at Micheal Oliver's incompetence ( my theory being he couldn't play the game - and since his dad was a ref why not follow in his footsteps ? Lawyers do , Doctors do )
Out of wonder i looked the tosser up on Wikipedia.

Low and behold , they list his highlights as a ref so far.

Kinell some interesting games .It even mentions his officiating the City Arse charity shield at Wembley .

The only game in the Wiki entry of games for him that mentions the scoreline !

Orher games just mentioned , that's it !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Dean is the perfect example of how ref's are used to manipulate the game/scoreline. For many years Dean was seen as the solid performer, a ref who took no shit and made reputable calls throughout the game. Now, he has completely lost his integrity as there's no way a ref who showed that character could become so bad in such a short space of time.

He's either after the top job or is working for his lucrative pay off at the end of his career. That is the only way i could see it, especially after him not being allowed to do Dipper games for many years but then gets to do a Dipper Derby.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Dean is the perfect example of how ref's are used to manipulate the game/scoreline. For many years Dean was seen as the solid performer, a ref who took no shit and made reputable calls throughout the game. Now, he has completely lost his integrity as there's no way a ref who showed that character could become so bad in such a short space of time.

He's either after the top job or is working for his lucrative pay off at the end of his career. That is the only way i could see it, especially after him not being allowed to do Dipper games for many years but then gets to do a Dipper Derby.

Back in December, City picked up two red cards in the reverse fixture – quite rightly, as Sergio Aguero lunged wildly into David Luiz and Fernandinho grabbed Cesc Fabregas by the throat.
But Chelsea escaped two red cards – and a host of other transgressions – as they deliberately booted David Silva out of the game last night.

Silva had been the best player on the park in the first half, and Antonio Conte's response was to put on Nemanja Matic with the instruction of putting an end to it, by fair means or foul.

The debate about protecting flair players, the men who actually make you want to buy tickets to watch football, has always gone on.

But the way Chelsea targeted Silva was just wrong on every level.

N'Golo Kante gave him a full-blooded thwack on the shin early in the second half as the Spaniard threatened to twist past him.

It was a bookable offence, all ends up, especially when compared to far more excusable 'offences' by Fabian Delph and Vincent Kompany.

That meant that when Kante eventually WAS booked, late in the game, it should have been a red.

Matic got away with a forearm smash to the side of Silva's head, as Chelsea killed the game as a football contest in the second half.

And then, of course, we saw Diego Costa dig his studs into Vincent Kompany's thigh, a challenge for which he will escape sanction as Dean has claimed he saw the incident.

Which begs two questions – if he saw it, how could he not deem it even worthy of a yellow card, let alone the red-card offence it was?
And when Andre Marriner clearly saw Sergio Aguero's elbow on West Ham's Winston Reid in August, the City man was STILL charged retrospectively.
The argument at the time was that, even though Taylor was looking at the incident – as it was a challenge for the ball – he may not have recognised the severity of what Aguero did.
So how is that different to Costa's challenge?
Former ref Howard Webb said there will be no further action against Costa as Dean gave a free kick for the offence, indicating he saw it.
Like Taylor, clearly he saw it but failed to recognise the severity.

Until the fudge and inconsistency is sorted, City fans will continue to cite incompetence, and even corruption.
And while such flaws exist, it is hard to argue against them.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:27 am

I agree with everything said there Carl.

It is hard to argue against corruption as opposed to ineptitude.
My rule of thumb when comparing which, is; if a ref is inept, he's a twat with both sides over a game. If a ref is corrupt, one side is favoured over the game.
When this continues over the season, which often it does, then it has to be corrupt.
We are now getting to the stage where it is continuing over several seasons....that can only lead us to one conclusion..
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:23 am

john68 wrote:I agree with everything said there Carl.

My rule of thumb when comparing which, is; if a ref is inept, he's a twat with both sides over a game. If a ref is corrupt, one side is favoured over the game.
When this continues over the season, which often it does, then it has to be corrupt.
We are now getting to the stage where it is continuing over several seasons....that can only lead us to one conclusion..

Also agree with Carl's post ( from the MEN I believe!). The bit I would add is the reason City lost it in the first Chelsea match was significantly down the the refereeing decisions which had arguably cost us the result. There were plenty of bad decisions in the game but the one where Luiz was NOT sent off for his professional foul when Kun would have been clean through stood out a mile.

The ref saw it, put the whistle to his lips to blow, looked across at the lino who was in a worse position and then let play go on! Scandalous and another of the decisions where everyone, pundits the lot, and not just the City crowd knew it was a red card.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:47 am

"Confession from a bent ref. If you want to affect a game without getting caught, be lenient in midfield to your favoured team and harsh on the opposition with every niggle. That way they get wound up enough so you can book them for persistent fouling even when they're getting kicked to pieces. Sound familiar?
City make more fouls per tackle than virtually anyone else and consistently out foul teams despite having 60-80% possession"
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:21 am

A bent ref slows the game down for "The Team" gives you no advantages, when you do not want the whistle and mimics the actions of I give it you moan. Dean and Taylor plus others ref City in a piss take way. With pundits ignoring anything that would see us gain an advantage. The Kante one only confirms how bent it is, He saw it and gave us a free kick, he may as well told Silva to fuck off with his fuck you body language.
MAYBE A Wembley Banner "ANOTHER BENT REF IS IT"
£1 It's Taylor.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:28 am

john68 wrote:I agree with everything said there Carl.

The only way to combat this to an extent is to verbally criticize the ref after the game - fines and bans will come into place but Ill tell you something , it wont go on as the publicity will be damning for PIGMOL.

Welcome back btw !
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:53 pm

good stuff from Moss today
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:25 pm

phips wrote:good stuff from Moss today

Does this cunt honestly think anyone values his opinion on referees after him saying the last two refs had great games?

Ffs
Original Dub

Postby phips » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Does this cunt honestly think anyone values his opinion on referees after him saying the last two refs had great games?

Ffs

does this daft cunt actually believe i (or anyone online) post because i think others value it or want to hear it?

and who cares about your opinion when it comes to refs? all you do is complain? if youre going to complain when they're poor then the least you could do is man up and acknowledge when they weren't poor. not surprising that you were eerily inconspicuous on the forum before the match today, during it, and after it. guess you only pop up to whine and complain. sad.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Ffs

For fuck sake. Do you follow this lad around criticising every one of his posts.

This is the ref watch thread. If a ref has had a good game he is entitled to comment as such. Maybe it doesn't suit you and your conspiracy theories but you know what other people are entitled to different opinions to you. Disagree with them is fair enough and even go and put forward counter arguments but just to go and call him a cunt makes you sound like the cunt.

You keep that tin hat on and put the fight to the man!
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:29 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ffs

For fuck sake. Do you follow this lad around criticising every one of his posts.

This is the ref watch thread. If a ref has had a good game he is entitled to comment as such. Maybe it doesn't suit you and your conspiracy theories but you know what other people are entitled to different opinions to you. Disagree with them is fair enough and even go and put forward counter arguments but just to go and call him a cunt makes you sound like the cunt.

You keep that tin hat on and put the fight to the man!

You think it's a conspiracy theory?

Fucking blind bell end
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:29 am

They are fucking us over, OD, of course they are. But there was none of that in evidence yesterday and although my Joan was inconsistent at times, I though Moss had a decent game.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum