Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Taylor was good (for us) today
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:11 pm

I think we must have paid a bribe just to be treated fairly - it's the only explanation.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Dean screwing up again , this time against spurs
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:15 pm

zuricity wrote:Dean screwing up again , this time against spurs

How is he still employed?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby dazby » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Dameerto wrote:I think we must have paid a bribe just to be treated fairly - it's the only explanation.

This
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:07 am

Dameerto wrote:I think we must have paid a bribe just to be treated fairly - it's the only explanation.

I think he's trying to overcome the club's objections to him refereeing our games so he can influence the title in key games against title rivals.
The way we were playing yesterday we were always going to win at Watford.
Taylor is a rag through and through, but he's keeping his powder dry for the future.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 am

Plain Speaking wrote:

I think he's trying to overcome the club's objections to him refereeing our games so he can influence the title in key games against title rivals.
Taylor is a rag through and through, but he's keeping his powder dry for the future.

That's not a bad point, that was his first PL game reffing us since the dry bumming he gave us against Chelsea
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:31 am

Plain Speaking wrote:

pmsl
even original david icke isn't that paranoid!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:41 am

Maybe the Sterling sending off has worked in our favour. There was such an outcry over it and in the next two games we have had an excellent referee against the dippers and yesterday we got some marginal calls go for us, whereas usually they are the sort of things that go against us.

But in all honesty it's the big games, especially away from home where we need a strong ref. Like the dipper one. We'd expect to beat Watford in our current form regardless of good/bad officiating.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:49 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

pmsl

You forgot your three little dots at the end...

LookNige still can't see anything wrong.
You're better off hiding, like you do whenever anyone puts it to you, you little oddball.

Dotdotdot
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:57 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:even original david icke isn't that paranoid!

Is there another, non-David Icke David Icke?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues-clues » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:59 am

Just me then -
I thought the ref was generally poor yesterday - two or three fouls that were clear yellows including a challenge by Cleverley. Several challenges that were fouls that were not given - we were fortunate with the offside goals but cant blame the ref for them.
I thought we got a few fortunate calls yesterday - penalty was one example - Maybe they even out over the season but we didn't really need them yesterday.
I would rather it was just a consistently high and fair level of refereeing than have to feel as though bad decisions on both sides "even themselves out"
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 am

i agree with you about cleverley - I just posted in another thread the only reason I knew he was playing was because he kept hacking our players down. And getting away with it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:44 am

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

pmsl

You forgot your three little dots at the end...

LookNige still can't see anything wrong.
You're better off hiding, like you do whenever anyone puts it to you, you little oddball.

Dotdotdot

my point has, and will always be, that the refs are shit. they aren't bent. look at yesterday.
spurs denied an obvious pen. foster only seeing yellow for a disgusting challenge. watford not getting a pen and having marginal calls go against them. no team is being favoured. we are just all at the mercy of horribly inconsistent refereeing decisions.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 pm

blues-clues wrote:Just me then -
I thought the ref was generally poor yesterday - two or three fouls that were clear yellows including a challenge by Cleverley. Several challenges that were fouls that were not given - we were fortunate with the offside goals but cant blame the ref for them.
I thought we got a few fortunate calls yesterday - penalty was one example - Maybe they even out over the season but we didn't really need them yesterday.
I would rather it was just a consistently high and fair level of refereeing than have to feel as though bad decisions on both sides "even themselves out"

I was listening to a Watford fan last night, on the 5 Live 'phone in part of the evening and he was both upset and furious with the referee's performance.

He reckoned that Taylor had bent over backwards for City and that "he never gave Watford anything", citing the fact that we were a "big Club" as a prime reason. He ranted on about the fact that they should have had a penalty, two City goals were offside at a time when the game was very evenly balanced and that Walker should have been sent off.

Apart from being very comical, the accusation that we had been somehow favoured by anyone of the ilk of Taylor, especially with his track record against us, felt most insulting.

Perhaps however, this is how the agenda against us will transform itself :- whenever (if ever) we do get a level playing field via the officials, we'll be accused by all and sundry of being the beneficiaries of bent refereeing.

You couldn't make it up.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:even original david icke isn't that paranoid!

Is there another, non-David Icke David Icke?

He was right about the lizards.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:37 am

Well one of the goals was offside, the other was when they finally paused the video. Might have a point on the penalty, not sure why walker gets a red though.

And all of these things happened after we were at the very least 2-0 up. How was the game perfectly balanced?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:51 am

Matic completed 5 break it up fouls around the half way line, any other team under totting up would have seen at least a yellow. Refs have to forget who it is who they play for and apply the laws of the game. Jose plays the refs like a fiddle.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:03 am

I am the only one who thought that Holebas deserved a red on Saturday for a similar foul to the one Britos was sent off for in Watford's previous home match?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby CrownPointBlue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:I am the only one who thought that Holebas deserved a red on Saturday for a similar foul to the one Britos was sent off for in Watford's previous home match?

That was a nasty,spiteful foul from a proper twat of a player.

Not so very Cleveverly should've been carded for his annual attempt to cripple someone from City.
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum