Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Tesl » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 pm

The ref also didn't give a penalty against us that actually was one. Was also very quick to (correctly) give the penalty at the end, no hesitation. I don't think the officials were biased against us tonight, some went for us and some against.

That said not giving Demichelis's goal as in was a bit of a shocker
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Gave them a non penalty
Didn't give them an actual penalty (two pens would be a bit bad/suss on anyone!)

Didn't give a goal OVER THE LINE wtf if otamend hadn't scored?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 pm

This match was the best possible argument for demanding the addition of goal line technology.
That extra 5th official had a perfect view of Demi's goal... So, that 5th spare prick is literally stealing money, since he was either completely blind, or corrupt!

It will probably take some legal indictments to finally eliminate leaky Bladder & Plotini! If and when they're finally dismissed, goal line technology must be added immediately!
Just combine all the money wasted on useless 5th officials & Bladder's salary & then, every top stadium will have enough to immediately install the technology!

Ex-ref, Graham Poll is also demanding the addition of goal line technology, rather than protecting the salaries of those extra officials:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html
Last edited by WhyAlwaysMe? on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:53 pm

I didn't think the ref was biased. Just not particularly good. No worse than the normal standard we get, but not good..
To be fair to him. The ball over the line was being watched by the twat official that stands beside the goal. The replay shows him staring at it. Is that not his job.
Somebody please explain to me what their function is. It seems to me they were put there to stop people calling for Goal line technology, but don't actually do anything.
That could have been very costly.
Shocking.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:51 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I didn't think the ref was biased. Just not particularly good. No worse than the normal standard we get, but not good..
To be fair to him. The ball over the line was being watched by the twat official that stands beside the goal. The replay shows him staring at it. Is that not his job.
Somebody please explain to me what their function is. It seems to me they were put there to stop people calling for Goal line technology, but don't actually do anything.
Shocking.

Nowt wrong with the ref, mate. As you say, it was the 4th official with morally questionable decisions.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:43 pm

I go along with those who thought the ref was just poor all round and not biased. Plenty of decisions both ways that were crap and I would guess the BM fans would say he was totally biased in City's favour.

The idiot who didn't give the goal should obviously be sacked.Both their penalty shouts were imo dives but the second one more of a penalty than the first one. I liked the touch of that 5th official guy though on the 2nd penalty incident when the ball was going out he played it back in. I wondered what the hell was going on!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I didn't think the ref was biased. Just not particularly good. No worse than the normal standard we get, but not good..
Shocking.

Nowt wrong with the ref, mate. As you say, it was the 4th official with morally questionable decisions.

It's actually the extra CL 5th official who should be interrogated & should have his bank accounts investigated.

It was the same CL 5th official, who's specifically meant to replace goal line technology, that denied Demi's very clear goal... The same 5th linesman that awarded a penalty for Raffael's obvious dive, after running straight into Otamendi's leg!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:51 am

Can't blame the ref for giving them that first pen, clumsy challenge from Otamendi which only with the benefit of replay could I see that he hadn't actually touched the player.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby ruralblue » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:08 am

Think in the run of play there pen looked a cert, slowed down and shown from different angles then it was clearly not. That doesn't bother me as on another day such stuff goes in our favour.

The goal by Demi however has fucked me off. Had Otamendi not got it in on the rebound it would have cost us big time. From the camera view in front of goal it was clear it went over the line so fuck knows how a man who's job it is to stare down that line missed it is beyond me. Corrupt twat!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby gillie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:13 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Can't blame the ref for giving them that first pen, clumsy challenge from Otamendi which only with the benefit of replay could I see that he hadn't actually touched the player.

The ref did'nt give the pen though it was that twat with the dildo behind the goal line that gave it then the same twat got selective blindness for Demi's goal
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:58 am

gillie wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Can't blame the ref for giving them that first pen, clumsy challenge from Otamendi which only with the benefit of replay could I see that he hadn't actually touched the player.

The ref did'nt give the pen though it was that twat with the dildo behind the goal line that gave it then the same twat got selective blindness for Demi's goal

It's shit like this that makes a farce of the whole thing
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:08 am

gillie wrote:

My point still stands, in real time that looked like a penalty no matter who gave the decision, poor challenge from Otamendi gave the Munchie attacker the opportunity to buy it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:10 am

ruralblue wrote:Think in the run of play there pen looked a cert, slowed down and shown from different angles then it was clearly not. That doesn't bother me as on another day such stuff goes in our favour.

The goal by Demi however has fucked me off. Had Otamendi not got it in on the rebound it would have cost us big time. From the camera view in front of goal it was clear it went over the line so fuck knows how a man who's job it is to stare down that line missed it is beyond me. Corrupt twat!

I actually thought no pen in first play.

That six-yard box linesman or whatever they are called needs to go to Specsavers.

More importantly Twatini is going to need all the friends he can get, so best introduce technology asap.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:49 am

What is the reason Platini is giving for not allowing the highly successful goal line technology to be introduced?

I know the real reason of course, but very curious as to know what he is trying to sell it as. It's a fucking tough sell, so I'm intrigued.
Maybe he's trying to come up with a slogan that has the word "fair" in it, like he did with Financial "Fair" Play.
That would make everything ok. It did last time.
Original Dub

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
gillie wrote:

My point still stands, in real time that looked like a penalty no matter who gave the decision, poor challenge from Otamendi gave the Munchie attacker the opportunity to buy it.

That looked like an outrageous dive from any angle, any time you see it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:27 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
gillie wrote:

That looked like an outrageous dive from any angle, any time you see it.

On replay yes, when I first saw it I thought wtf are you doing going in like that Otter?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Tesl wrote:The ref also didn't give a penalty against us that actually was one. Was also very quick to (correctly) give the penalty at the end, no hesitation. I don't think the officials were biased against us tonight, some went for us and some against.

That said not giving Demichelis's goal as in was a bit of a shocker

The guy who was specifically there to ensure that balls that crossed the line were given didn't give us a ball that crossed the line. It was his main purpose for being there. He was staring directly at the net from the side and had no other players obscuring his view. He SAW it cross the line and CHOSE not to give it. Whatever you want to say about the penalty decision(s) there's no getting away from this.
I was convinced it was over the line in realtime from a much worse (camera) angle and it wasn't my sky blue tinted glasses talking either.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:12 pm

There is also a linesman who "failed" to see the clear goal. One of them should see that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Apparently it is a Demichelis goal after all as shouted by the line fella
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PrezIke » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:22 pm

gillie wrote:

Looked like a pretty clear dive to me, but okay.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum