Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ref Watch

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:11 pm

I was going to start this at the beginning of the season and, regardless of the results, what people for of the officiating? This could be the right time.

As mentioned in the MT, for their first goal I watched the lino in slow-mo and he actually checked his stride and went to move his flag as if to give the decision yet then decided to carry on. But why?

Ours was so close that you needed the replay to confirm KDB had his right toe offside but their first was astoundingly obvious. Every man and his dog knew it, every man and his dog mentioned it, and as above, the lino seen it, so why did he choose not to give it.

Ps. I thought Clattenburg had a good game but who gives the lino's their orders?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:26 pm

Agreed, Clattenburg did have a good match. Not his fault both linesman were incompetent.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:29 pm

The ref last week against West Ham was appalling in his partiality. The amount of time he should have added we'd still be playing now.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I was going to start this at the beginning of the season and, regardless of the results, what people for of the officiating? This could be the right time.

As mentioned in the MT, for their first goal I watched the lino in slow-mo and he actually checked his stride and went to move his flag as if to give the decision yet then decided to carry on. But why?

Ours was so close that you needed the replay to confirm KDB had his right toe offside but their first was astoundingly obvious. Every man and his dog knew it, every man and his dog mentioned it, and as above, the lino seen it, so why did he choose not to give it.

Ps. I thought Clattenburg had a good game but who gives the lino's their orders?

Cheatingburg had a "good game" ??!! ClitClat let most of the Spurs fouls go uncarded, in the first half... But instead, the arrogant Clatterburg ref, gives a yellow card to Demichelis, for having the audacity to question all of Clat's obvious mistakes!!

The linesmen can have their wrong calls reversed and ignored, by a competent and honest ref... Clattenburg was just as much at fault, as his obviously biased linesmen.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The ref last week against West Ham was appalling in his partiality. The amount of time he should have added we'd still be playing now.

The ref for the West Ham match was Robert Madley, from Wakefield, W.Yorkshire.
He and his brother, Andrew Madley, are both more qualified for Championship reffing.
An unsurprising bit of trivia is that Robert Madley reffed BOTH legs of the FA Youth Cup, that City lost to Chelsea!... How was he ever allowed to ref both legs of these Cup matches?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:58 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I was going to start this at the beginning of the season and, regardless of the results, what people for of the officiating? This could be the right time.

Cheatingburg had a "good game" ??!! ClitClat let most of the Spurs fouls go uncarded, in the first half... But instead, the arrogant Clatterburg ref, gives a yellow card to Demichelis, for having the audacity to question all of Clat's obvious mistakes!!

The linesmen can have their wrong calls reversed and ignored, by a competent and honest ref... Clattenburg was just as much at fault, as his obviously biased linesmen.

We all see it differently and that's the beauty of the sport, however, unless you're in-line with play it's hard to over rule a decision. Saying that, I may rewind and have a look at Clattenburgs position and reaction to see if there's anything there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Just seen Pellers interview and he was calm when mentioning the linesman. The guy on soccer Saturday remarked at him being so calm and said he wouldn't be able to. At some point he needs to fume. Otherwise we're going to keep getting shat on!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Mase wrote:Just seen Pellers interview and he was calm when mentioning the linesman. The guy on soccer Saturday remarked at him being so calm and said he wouldn't be able to. At some point he needs to fume. Otherwise we're going to keep getting shat on!

It makes you wonder if he's been told to keep his mouth shut. Much prefer Mancini's rants to be fair.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tesl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:Just seen Pellers interview and he was calm when mentioning the linesman. The guy on soccer Saturday remarked at him being so calm and said he wouldn't be able to. At some point he needs to fume. Otherwise we're going to keep getting shat on!

It makes you wonder if he's been told to keep his mouth shut. Much prefer Mancini's rants to be fair.

Told to keep his mouth shut by who exactly? The illuminati?

Or some group you prefer to aim your paranoia at?

I hate threads like these. Our problems recently have nothing to do with the officials.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Tesl wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I hate threads like these. Our problems recently have nothing to do with the officials.

"Our problems recently have nothing to do with the officials?".......Todays game was FUCKED UP BY THE OFFICIALS you complete muppet!!!

You have not been on the site for ages....please fuck off again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Tesl wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Are you serious?
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Tesl wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Really? You may hate these threads but if you couldn't see that then it's not me who has a problem pal.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Tesl wrote: Told to keep his mouth shut by who exactly? The illuminati?

You should probably be watching some other sport, if you can't clearly see that Mark Clattenburg & his team of blind or bent linesmen, completely changed the final outcome of today's match, in favour of Spurs!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby dazby » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:56 pm

We didn't respond though did we. We only scored the one goal. Despite the poor decisions we barely worked Lloris in the second half.

Bad calls happen. You need to be able to respond regardless.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:07 pm

dazby wrote:We didn't respond though did we. We only scored the one goal. Despite the poor decisions we barely worked Lloris in the second half.

Bad calls happen. You need to be able to respond regardless.

It's such a pity that you didn't "accidentally" break both of Clattenburg's legs, while you had him at your mercy, during his visit to Australia!

I'm simply amazed that such a cheating, inept clown like The Clat, gets to travel the world and give "guidance" and "instructions" on reffing... A video monitor, would be infinitely more honest and accurate, than the arrogant Clat! During his interviews in Oz, MC wrongly boasted of 97% PGMOL ref accuracy, while Mike Riley said there was an unacceptable level of mistakes and inaccuracy, last season!

So much for taking greater care with offside goals & controversial decisions... That lasted a month for City, until they looked likely to win the league, by October.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Tesl » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:56 am

The offside changed the game, but we were absolutely terrible in the second half. If we were leading 1-0 we'd have lost the second half regardless. We got exactly what we deserved yesterday and didn't deserve any points.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:17 am

The first goal changed the game. Had we gone in one up at half time their game plan changes. Ours is sit and hit them on the break.
The problem was experienced players let it affect them and I think we felt 'wronged' as we started the second half. Hence the way we folded.
Thirds offside too which doesn't help.
Lack of character and leaders is the most worrying thing for me.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:43 am

The officials had a poor game, of that there is no question. But there is no way that a side who wants to win the title should capitulate the way we did second half. I understand the players and management would be livid in the dressing room at half time. But, if anything, that should galvanise them to come out fighting and with renewed vigour and purpose in the second half. We didn't. At all. We folded like a cheap deckchair.

That's what concerns me the most. Where were the leaders on the field rallying the troops? We are in danger of becoming flat track bullies. Able to smash teams when it goes our way but with little appetite for fight when it doesn't.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am

I have not been able to bring myself to watch the recording - but can someone comment on the 2nd goal.

From where we were it was not easy to see the offiside for the first goal, but I had a good view of the 'foul' given for the free-kick - looked incredibly soft?
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:25 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I have not been able to bring myself to watch the recording - but can someone comment on the 2nd goal.

From where we were it was not easy to see the offiside for the first goal, but I had a good view of the 'foul' given for the free-kick - looked incredibly soft?

It was a very soft free kick.

But what followed would embarrass the dog and duck second eleven
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum