Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:40 pm

This is still bugging the fuck out of me. How the fucking hell didn't he call it? And the Kane offside, it was clear as day and both decisions were probably the easiest examples of what the fucking offside rule is all about.

I find it absolutely ludicrous that the lino's couldn't call either of them. I could possibly understand 1 lino not giving it and think to myself that it's a very weird decision but both of them doing it leads to thoughts of wrong-doing.

As mentioned, watching it in slow-mo you can actually see the lino check, go to move his flag to his right hand to flag but for some inexplicable reason decide to just play on. The extra piece is that when you have a look at Clattenburg he looks as though he's actually expecting the flag (couldn't tell if he got a buzz or not) as he takes a second to look at the lino. Thinking it was coming he then had to rush forward to see the remainder of the move which left him in the wrong position when the forthcoming shot came back in, having to move out of the way and in some way, him and Fernandinho, getting in the line of the shot.

The Kane incident shouldn't have even been discussed either as our defensive line was parked on the 18 yard line, as we have done all season. Kane is stood 2 yards inside the line so if he then comes into play without going onside he's got to be classed as offside. This is simple to even the most uninformed of people and to have a professional get it wrong is utterly ridiculous.

I can only think that they chose to ignore the rules of the game, instead allowing Spurs an unfair advantage. Whether Clattenburg had an input on that or not is up for debate but the debate regarding the lino's can't be open to question.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:04 pm

It is completely beyond a "mistake" or error in judgement.
He knew for a fact that the player was offside and he needs to be ordered to explain the reason he didn't flag.

He is another corrupt official in the premier league. It's fucking rife with them.

A rag mate of mine told me last year that it was "impossible for corruption to exist at the top level in this day and age".
That I was being paranoid.

Meanwhile platini and blatter are being investigated.

The men at the very top level.

Three offside goals and three stonewall penalties not given. It's only fucking September.

I know our goal was just offside. I also know we have had 50 50 decisions gone both ways. That happens because they're tough calls.

I'm only talking about the easy calls.
It completely sucks and the only way it will ever be fixed is if the incidents are highlighted and investigated. Just like retrospective banning for fouls not spotted.

Until that happens, the officials can control large elements of the outcome of games and that will never be ok with me.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:It is completely beyond a "mistake" or error in judgement.
He knew for a fact that the player was offside and he needs to be ordered to explain the reason he didn't flag.

He is another corrupt official in the premier league. It's fucking rife with them.

A rag mate of mine told me last year that it was "impossible for corruption to exist at the top level in this day and age".

Three offside goals and three stonewall penalties not given. It's only fucking September.

I know our goal was just offside. I also know we have had 50 50 decisions gone both ways. That happens because they're tough calls.

It completely sucks and the only way it will ever be fixed is if the incidents are highlighted and investigated. Just like retrospective banning for fouls not spotted.

Until that happens, the officials can control large elements of the outcome of games and that will never be ok with me.

Pellers needs to make more of a deal out of it then mate. He's hardly kicked up a fuss which is what he should be doing for it to get highlighted. If they are allowed to get away with it then they'll keep doing it
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It is completely beyond a "mistake" or error in judgement.

Pellers needs to make more of a deal out of it then mate. He's hardly kicked up a fuss which is what he should be doing for it to get highlighted. If they are allowed to get away with it then they'll keep doing it

It's a tough one because he is then accused of being a whinger.
There should be an independent panel whose job is to study and investigate all aspects of officiating.

There is a reason that not much effort is put into this and it's the same reason it took 20 odd years of refusing goal line technology. It takes away influence. Influence that makes rich men richer.
Original Dub

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Image

This is still bugging the fuck out of me. How the fucking hell didn't he call it? And the Kane offside, it was clear as day and both decisions were probably the easiest examples of what the fucking offside rule is all about.

I find it absolutely ludicrous that the lino's couldn't call either of them. I could possibly understand 1 lino not giving it and think to myself that it's a very weird decision but both of them doing it leads to thoughts of wrong-doing.

As mentioned, watching it in slow-mo you can actually see the lino check, go to move his flag to his right hand to flag but for some inexplicable reason decide to just play on. The extra piece is that when you have a look at Clattenburg he looks as though he's actually expecting the flag (couldn't tell if he got a buzz or not) as he takes a second to look at the lino. Thinking it was coming he then had to rush forward to see the remainder of the move which left him in the wrong position when the forthcoming shot came back in, having to move out of the way and in some way, him and Fernandinho, getting in the line of the shot.

The Kane incident shouldn't have even been discussed either as our defensive line was parked on the 18 yard line, as we have done all season. Kane is stood 2 yards inside the line so if he then comes into play without going onside he's got to be classed as offside. This is simple to even the most uninformed of people and to have a professional get it wrong is utterly ridiculous.

I can only think that they chose to ignore the rules of the game, instead allowing Spurs an unfair advantage. Whether Clattenburg had an input on that or not is up for debate but the debate regarding the lino's can't be open to question.

As Hoddle said, we defend too high up the pitch and got punished for it. So there you go, catching people offside doesn't count if it's too far up the pitch. Nothing to see here, move on.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:10 pm

nottsblue wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:I have not been able to bring myself to watch the recording - but can someone comment on the 2nd goal.

From where we were it was not easy to see the offiside for the first goal, but I had a good view of the 'foul' given for the free-kick - looked incredibly soft?

It was a very soft free kick.

But what followed would embarrass the dog and duck second eleven

Ridiculous foul for Otamendi to give away.
He was in control and just waited rather than dealing with it. There was a lot of it about.
Couple that with terrible goal keeping and some help from the officials. It's not an excuse for how we folded.

I don't think we would be having this difficulty if we were not so wasteful infront of goal. We give teams hope where there should be none, by not putting them away when we are dominant.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:03 pm

I completely agree with Beefy & Original Dub, that this level of reffing & linesmen incompetency & match influencing, without long-term repercussions, is completely unacceptable. Especially since PiGMOL are virtually untouchable & clubs are fined & banned for complaining about the officials' wrong calls.

Every media source noted all of the Spurs offside goals, but somehow this is just allowed to happen, without an outcry from us. The Arse fans have created a petition against Mike Dean... Maybe our club management need to call for a reffing investigation, instead of Pellegrini.
Typical of all the press coverage--An excerpt from The Telegraph's match commentary:
"83 mins: Oh and by the way, Harry Kane was offside for his goal [crying laughing emoji]."

The Daily Mail has photos of all the offside goals awarded to Spurs:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Lane.html

Even former City academy keeper, Eirik Johansen, was also fed up with the unacceptable ref calls and all the offside goals awarded to the Spurs:
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/27/fo ... -watching/?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:37 pm

It frustrates me much of the reporting of the offsides were reported as though the calls were marginal, eg "Pellegrini claimed two of the goals were offside", as if there was some doubt about!
Simon Beck is part of the Clattenburg team for most matches, he should be suspended, at best grossly incompetent, more likely IMO corrupt.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:07 am

Plain Speaking wrote:It frustrates me much of the reporting of the offsides were reported as though the calls were marginal, eg "Pellegrini claimed two of the goals were offside", as if there was some doubt about!
Simon Beck is part of the Clattenburg team for most matches, he should be suspended, at best grossly incompetent, more likely IMO corrupt.

Most of the major newspapers & TV stations said that Kyle Walker & Harry Kane were very clearly offside, without the necessity of an instant replay!

Yes, Mark Clattenburg should never have been let back in the PGMOL ref group, after numerous scandals...
Clattenburg was banned after breaking PGMOL financial restrictions. After returning, he purposely defied PGMOL travel protocol. Clattenburg also created a racial scandal with Chelsea & Mikel.
Most importantly, Clattenburg has directly changed the final scores of numerous controversial matches.

As for the linesmen, Simon Beck should be immediately kicked out of PGMOL, either for being corrupt, or for being completely blind!!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:53 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:

As Hoddle said, we defend too high up the pitch and got punished for it. So there you go, catching people offside doesn't count if it's too far up the pitch. Nothing to see here, move on.

We were holding the 'line' at the edge of the box ! Too high up the field ? Hoddle should shut up if he is that misinformed.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:00 am

For the first one, the man in the middle (Son?) was also offside as the ball was played through. So just the two of them he missed.

And can anyone explain what Lamela wasn't offside for their 4th? He's a good 20 yards off walking back when the ball gets played wide. As Kolarov passes him chasing the winger, he turns and runs back in with the central defenders still miles away from him. At the time the ball is played to him, yes he's onside, but surely he's gained an advantage in the first place by being so far offside?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:For the first one, the man in the middle (Son?) was also offside as the ball was played through. So just the two of them he missed.

And can anyone explain what Lamela wasn't offside for their 4th? He's a good 20 yards off walking back when the ball gets played wide. As Kolarov passes him chasing the winger, he turns and runs back in with the central defenders still miles away from him. At the time the ball is played to him, yes he's onside, but surely he's gained an advantage in the first place by being so far offside?

Your point is valid.

It shows the stupidity of the offside rule.

Hang around on the six yard box and do nothing until Navas finally crosses from the bye line. We'd have to wait a while for it ( maybe 10 games) , but Navas would eventually get a cross to Kun).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 am

Goals change games. We were very much in charge in the first half, fully deserving of a one goal lead. Spurs looked like they knew they were second best. All that changed with a bizarre decision. When you see how bad they were it makes it even worse.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:35 am

zuricity wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

We were holding the 'line' at the edge of the box ! Too high up the field ? Hoddle should shut up if he is that misinformed.

His punditry was infuriating. Spurs can doi this, Kane can do that, all fucking game long. His insistence that our high line could be caught out was somehow vindicated to him because they caught us out twice, from 2 ridiculously offside goals, and then squealed on about his beloved Tottenham.

It was actually good to see Howie Webb, Arry twitcher et al dumbfounded for those decisions, with Webb being lost for words and Arry just shaking his head, twitching like a paedo walking past a school.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:29 am

Over on BM, Prestwich Blue, (an expert on FFP), posted an interesting link to a blog on football corruption and match fixing:
http://footballisfixed.blogspot.co....p ... -results=6
The blog has many good articles, like the one on Peter Walton. Here is part of that article:Wednesday, 1 February 2012
Peter Walton is a Red Bastard
Last night Manchester City were denied two penalty shouts by Peter "Grandad" Walton.
So what? Referees are paid to make decisions.

But what is it that influences the decisions that Grandad makes?

In 21 matches refereeing Manchester United over eight seasons, the Reds have won 15, drawn 6 and lost 0.
In the same period, Walton has officiated 13 Manchester City games with only 3 ending in victory for the Citizens with 6 defeats.

But the last four years of refereeing from Mr Walton are even more revealing.

Manchester United 11 wins, 4 draws and 0 defeats (15 matches 37 points)
Manchester City 0 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats (7 matches 3 points).

In 22 matches over four seasons, Man Utd have NEVER LOST with Walton in charge while City have NEVER WON.

Or take the last three seasons where the cumulative points difference between United and City is 27 points - fully 18 of these points are due to the supposedly unconscious biases of an old man.

It is this sort of thing that determines titles.

The fact that this knickpoint in performance by Walton coincides with the introduction of Shinawatra's stolen largesse leading onto the petro-dollars that made football in Manchester truly competitive is only a further point that requires a response from PGMOB/Walton.

Either this is just another collection of Incredible Flukes or the PGMOB and Peter Walton have some explaining to do over the bias, and it is a statistically significant bias, and over the reason the old bastard gets, on average, six games a season to 'favour' the Ferguson Reds.

Also, after United being presented with Chris Foy and Walton for the two post-crisis matches, Foy was once again 4th Official to a junior referee for the Stoke game last night .
This means, The Racism Derby aside, Ferguson has been given dominant referees of Foy (a false sending off and two penalty decisions), Walton (a penalty), Webb with five bookings of Arsenal players (remember Ryan Babel's tweet) and Foy again (two penalties) since Newcastle/Blackburn.

And so we have a Title Race...
... although it is more akin to a Handicap Hurdle with City carrying top weight.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:52 am

Plain Speaking wrote:Over on BM, Prestwich Blue, (an expert on FFP), posted an interesting link to a blog on football corruption and match fixing:
The blog has many good articles, like the one on Peter Walton. Here is part of that article:Wednesday, 1 February 2012
Last night Manchester City were denied two penalty shouts by Peter "Grandad" Walton.

In 21 matches refereeing Manchester United over eight seasons, the Reds have won 15, drawn 6 and lost 0.
In the same period, Walton has officiated 13 Manchester City games with only 3 ending in victory for the Citizens with 6 defeats.

In 22 matches over four seasons, Man Utd have NEVER LOST with Walton in charge while City have NEVER WON.

Or take the last three seasons where the cumulative points difference between United and City is 27 points - fully 18 of these points are due to the supposedly unconscious biases of an old man.

The fact that this knickpoint in performance by Walton coincides with the introduction of Shinawatra's stolen largesse leading onto the petro-dollars that made football in Manchester truly competitive is only a further point that requires a response from PGMOB/Walton.

Either this is just another collection of Incredible Flukes or the PGMOB and Peter Walton have some explaining to do over the bias, and it is a statistically significant bias, and over the reason the old bastard gets, on average, six games a season to 'favour' the Ferguson Reds.

Also, after United being presented with Chris Foy and Walton for the two post-crisis matches, Foy was once again 4th Official to a junior referee for the Stoke game last night .
This means, The Racism Derby aside, Ferguson has been given dominant referees of Foy (a false sending off and two penalty decisions), Walton (a penalty), Webb with five bookings of Arsenal players (remember Ryan Babel's tweet) and Foy again (two penalties) since Newcastle/Blackburn.

... although it is more akin to a Handicap Hurdle with City carrying top weight.

The power they have on how a title race pans out is huge.

It should't be.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:21 pm

My mate reckons that since we won the lottery the Premier League is looking more and more like American wrestling, it's all about selling the product and little about honest competition (thanks to the refs). Funnily enough, the last week has seen a 'one team' title race turn into a race with at least 5 teams now involved, with a large does of suspicious reffing to thank for it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:Over on BM, Prestwich Blue, (an expert on FFP), posted an interesting link to a blog on football corruption and match fixing:

The power they have on how a title race pans out is huge.

It should't be.

It seems if any of the media darlings have a chance to get an advantage over us we get some real dodgy officiating against us.

Example 1.The Hillsborough Memorial game against the scousers 2 clear pens not awarded Suarez getting away GBH we lose 3-2 and the scousers win the league in April:) City then win the shortest league campaign ever in May.

Example 2.City play Spuds 26/09/2015 and are controlling the game and winning 1-0 and we get Mr Magoo as a linesman as he can't see anything more than a foot in front of him and Spuds score an equaliser when 2 players were clearly offside in the build up to the goal.To make matters worse they then score another offside goal City eventually lose the game.Significance of all this is later that afternoon the rags go top of the table beating Sunderland 3-0.

The common denominator Mr Mark Clattenburg reffed both our games.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:42 pm

gillie wrote:It seems if any of the media darlings have a chance to get an advantage over us we get some real dodgy officiating against us.

Example 1.The Hillsborough Memorial game against the scousers 2 clear pens not awarded Suarez getting away GBH we lose 3-2 and the scousers win the league in April:) City then win the shortest league campaign ever in May.

Example 2.City play Spuds 26/09/2015 and are controlling the game and winning 1-0 and we get Mr Magoo as a linesman as he can't see anything more than a foot in front of him and Spuds score an equaliser when 2 players were clearly offside in the build up to the goal.To make matters worse they then score another offside goal City eventually lose the game.Significance of all this is later that afternoon the rags go top of the table beating Sunderland 3-0.

The common denominator Mr Mark Clattenburg reffed both our games.

When we won the league under Mancini, having clumped the rags 6-1 and looking like we were off and away, up pops Clattenberg in the Chelsea away game handing them a bogus penalty and ridiculously sending one of ours off (Clichy?) and not blowing for a stonewall penalty to us (on Silva?). When we went against the dippers he suspiciously got a few of their games at the end of the season with the obvious brief the Suarez had to stay on the pitch no matter what, as he should have been clearly sent off against us and Palace.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:My mate reckons that since we won the lottery the Premier League is looking more and more like American wrestling, it's all about selling the product and little about honest competition (thanks to the refs). Funnily enough, the last week has seen a 'one team' title race turn into a race with at least 5 teams now involved, with a large does of suspicious reffing to thank for it.

I've being reiterating that very sasme point lately. It's becoming an absolute joke, only brought about by our involvement.

They don't like it and now we've proved ourselves it becomes even harder to swallow with pundits, mainly Rags and Dippers, following the party (Sky/PL) line and being allowed rospout their bile. Notice how we always get a guest ex-oppo player (or 2, usually 3) on the panel? It's an editorial led from the top.

The Aguero goal had far bigger consequences than we realise. Sky had spent a fortune on Taggart/Rag visuals for them to win their 20th in the 20th year of the PL but we pissed on their chips. Taggart then had to push on to leave on a high, putting the club in the position where his vanity took them into a real downturn, leaving them floundering in mid table.

Even then we'd gone from the Sky 4 to the Super 7, still fighting until the end.

The likes of the Rags and Dippers demand an uneven field but that will only comne when they show that they are the top investors. Note how their 'luck' is coming back.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum