Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:27 am

phips wrote:whoa whoa.

I thought the refs were told by the FA to screw over City? i thought i saw Oliver give a soft penalty to City...AND he didnt give a BLATANT handball on Aguero that lead to his goal. could Oliver be sacked before next weekend's matches?

There's no cup for winning in the 3rd round, just a game in the 4th round.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:52 am

I thought the refs were told by the FA to screw over City? i thought i saw Oliver give a soft penalty to City...AND he didnt give a BLATANT handball on Aguero that lead to his goal. could Oliver be sacked before next weekend's matches?

You don't work for the US Postal service by chance , do you ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:43 am

Zabba was tripped and the referee gave a penalty, according to the rules of the game correctly applied.

Forget the adjective 'soft'.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:53 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Zabba was tripped and the referee gave a penalty, according to the rules of the game correctly applied.

From my view point it was a stonewall. There were lots of angles shown but the clearest one was shown a few minutes afterwards from the rear and showed what the ref seen. It looked so conclusive that he'd clumsily tripped him which is, unless the regulations have changed, a foul so therefore a penalty.

Not sure what the issue was. Could be seen as soft, by a few who wanted to stick to their original view (before the above view was seen), but a penalty all the same.

Phips is somehow trying to use this as part of his agenda to prove that there's no agenda. The epitome of the 'Agenda'ist', he could've almost started the trend.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

From my view point it was a stonewall. There were lots of angles shown but the clearest one was shown a few minutes afterwards from the rear and showed what the ref seen. It looked so conclusive that he'd clumsily tripped him which is, unless the regulations have changed, a foul so therefore a penalty.

Not sure what the issue was. Could be seen as soft, by a few who wanted to stick to their original view (before the above view was seen), but a penalty all the same.

Phips is somehow trying to use this as part of his agenda to prove that there's no agenda. The epitome of the 'Agenda'ist', he could've almost started the trend.

Thinking more about that pen I am totally baffled that ex pros/pundits can say it shouldn't have been given. Zaba got to the ball first and got slightly across the defender. The defender's momentum then caught Zaba and brought him down.Whenever a player does that thing about getting across a player and there is inevitable contact it's given as a foul outside the box and so it should be inside.

The defender doesn't have to make a serious tackle but just gets himself into a poor position.Hell defenders do it all day long ro draw a fould from attackers. Its a foul end of story.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Nothing soft about it. A clear pen.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Douglas is right if the defender got there first and zabba clipped him would anyone even question it as a foul?. Attackers only have to breathe on defenders to draw a foul. There is no question about it.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Please get rid of this antagonising cunt.

He serves no purpose other than to wind up real city fans.
Original Dub

Postby s1ty m » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Please get rid of this antagonising cunt.

He serves no purpose other than to wind up real city fans.

Seconded.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm

We should be able to vote on binning cunts like him.

There are posters on here like walmai and ian wright that are clearly not city fans but they give a balanced opinion and never purposely rile us up.

This phips cunt just pollutes the place and sticks the knife in everytime we're up against it.

What kind of a fan does that??
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Thinking more about that pen I am totally baffled that ex pros/pundits can say it shouldn't have been given. Zaba got to the ball first and got slightly across the defender. The defender's momentum then caught Zaba and brought him down.Whenever a player does that thing about getting across a player and there is inevitable contact it's given as a foul outside the box and so it should be inside.

The defender doesn't have to make a serious tackle but just gets himself into a poor position.Hell defenders do it all day long ro draw a fould from attackers. Its a foul end of story.

It spoilt the narrative that they wanted to portray. The plucky underdog usurping Manchester City, the club that killed football, making us out as lucky. The fact that it was against another PL team, away from home, didn't seem to matter to the two baldies.

When it's finished though, they had no alternative but to sing our praises but still managed the odd snipe.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:We should be able to vote on binning cunts like him.

There are posters on here like walmai and ian wright that are clearly not city fans but they give a balanced opinion and never purposely rile us up.

This phips cunt just pollutes the place and sticks the knife in everytime we're up against it.

What kind of a saddo does that??

Fixed for you.
Justified logic

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:We should be able to vote on binning cunts like him.

What kind of a fan does that??

Every time someone goes on a tirade about Phips, I keep going back to see what all the fuss is about. I can never see what he's done to cause such a reaction
I really can't see what you're all getting wound up over.
He is as sarky as f**k, but then he is forever being called a cunt, so that's an understandable reaction.
I don't get it at all!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:43 pm

It's a mystery!
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's a mystery!

Haha when you're on your own suggesting that he's done nothing wrong and can't understand why everyone else thinks a certain way it should be worrying for Pat
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:11 pm

Mase wrote:

Haha when you're on your own suggesting that he's done nothing wrong and can't understand why everyone else thinks a certain way it should be worrying for Pat

Possibly reads it in isolation, maybe not seeing the context?

I usually skirt past Phips comments but lately, with so many quoting him, it's hard to not get riled.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

I usually skirt past Phips comments but lately, with so many quoting him, it's hard to not get riled.

He doesn't have any friends or any form of social life, or a job, still lives with his parents so spends all his time trolling this forum. Oxygen thief. It's sad really
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:55 pm

freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

He doesn't have any friends or any form of social life, or a job, still lives with his parents so spends all his time trolling this forum. Oxygen thief. It's sad really

So, young kid spurned. I get it now.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:51 am

Enough of the bullying chaps.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby phips » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:17 am

Last edited by phips on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus