Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:We have been given MIKE DEAN at the weekend. Expect a Red card.

And that's what gives them away. For me, Dean was one of, if not thee best ref around a few years ago. Then, a couple of seasons ago he started making some strange and absurd decisions. Shortly after he then ref'd a Dipper Derby, the first one in his career as he ruled himself out of taking them due to his possible conflict of interest because of where he's from.

He always seemed one of those that integrity was key but for some reason his decision making then went completely against what I'd seen before.

He had either undergone a lobotomy and had Riley's balls inserted or, probably the same outcome, started taking orders from the PL to enhance/extend his career.

This. I remember him sending Scholes off in the semi FA Cup and since then he's gone very much down hill.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:22 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:We have been given MIKE DEAN at the weekend. Expect a Red card.

And that's what gives them away. For me, Dean was one of, if not thee best ref around a few years ago. Then, a couple of seasons ago he started making some strange and absurd decisions. Shortly after he then ref'd a Dipper Derby, the first one in his career as he ruled himself out of taking them due to his possible conflict of interest because of where he's from.

He always seemed one of those that integrity was key but for some reason his decision making then went completely against what I'd seen before.

He had either undergone a lobotomy and had Riley's balls inserted or, probably the same outcome, started taking orders from the PL to enhance/extend his career.

This. I remember him sending Scholes off in the semi FA Cup and since then he's gone very much down hill.

Mase, even from where i was sitting at wembley , there was only one outcome from Scholes stupid lunge , any ref had to ship the fcukler

How the fcuk do people that have clearly never played the game get to referee ? i mean Oliver is clearly useless , i do not believe this kid could keep up the pace , if playing, in a sunday morning game at Hough End. Where, btw, i manage to kick pat crerand one sunday :-)
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Mase, even from where i was sitting at wembley , there was only one outcome from Scholes stupid lunge , any ref had to ship the fcukler

How the fcuk do people that have clearly never played the game get to referee ? i mean Oliver is clearly useless , i do not believe this kid could keep up the pace , if playing, in a sunday morning game at Hough End. Where, btw, i manage to kick pat crerand one sunday :-)

Kudos
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:34 pm

zuricity wrote:Still very annoyed about mondays ref. He clearly has never played the game .

It's quite obvious that PiGMOL and the PL don't want their officials understanding the game, it's all about directives.

The head of the PL wants a different team on the trophy every 6 years and admits they need the Rags winning things otherwise they lose money. Is it any wonder we see such bollox going on.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Kudos

x2. Didn't realise Z was so old ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Crerand was an old slow git and i would be playing the third game of the weekend. School Sat am, club sat afternoon and sunday playing a load of much older pub goers !
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
zuricity wrote:Still very annoyed about mondays ref. He clearly has never played the game .

It's quite obvious that PiGMOL and the PL don't want their officials understanding the game, it's all about directives.

The head of the PL wants a different team on the trophy every 6 years and admits they need the Rags winning things otherwise they lose money. Is it any wonder we see such bollox going on.

If they published a list of who was allowed to win it for the next decade, it would be much easier to know when to get excited,
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

If they published a list of who was allowed to win it for the next decade, it would be much easier to know when to get excited,

Can you qualify what you mean by excited ?

I've just been served a Wiener Schnitzel by a lovely young Bayern lady wearing a very stunning Dirndl. Very exciting indeed - oh and she made a second trip with the beer... not sure if she is nubile though ... she is from Bayern
Last edited by zuricity on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I've just been served a Weiner Schnitzel by a lovely young Bayern lady wearing a very stunning Dirndl. Very exciting indeed - oh and she made a second trip with the beer... not sure if she is nubile though ... she is from Bayern

That sounds like enough excitement for the nine years in ten that we are not allowed to win the league.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:09 pm

zuricity wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I've just been served a Weiner Schnitzel by a lovely young Bayern lady wearing a very stunning Dirndl. Very exciting indeed - oh and she made a second trip with the beer... not sure if she is nubile though ... she is from Bayern

A Dirndl is only exciting if A she has big tits and B she has stockings that go up to her thigh.

I've just started getting excited writing this.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

A Dirndl is only exciting if A she has big tits and B she has stockings that go up to her thigh.

I've just started getting excited writing this.

Carl,
to quote Michael Palin in the Holly grail

"She's got huge tracts of land".

or even better Viv Stanshall , about Hotsy , a big beautiful dame with the hottest lips since Hiroshima
" I studied the swell of her enormous boobs and said'Baby you're so far ahead it's beautiful' "
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Just read an interesting titbit
Walker went 198 games with Spuds
Without getting sent off

It took just a 134 minutes in a Blue Shirt
HHHMMMmmmm
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:47 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Just read an interesting titbit
Without getting sent off

HHHMMMmmmm

That's just PL games mate, it's 341 senior appearances for club and country with no red.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Without getting sent off

HHHMMMmmmm

That's just PL games mate, it's 341 senior appearances for club and country with no red.

That is amazing.

It could be another huge coincidence mate. Another on the massively extensive list of coincidences that have gone before it.

Like the fact that we were bottom or close to bottom of the fair play league. The team with most possesion.

Bizarre coincidence. Or bias.
Original Dub

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Without getting sent off

HHHMMMmmmm

Wow that makes it worse .
We have such terrible bad luck don't we
carolina-blue

Postby Justified logic » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Without getting sent off

HHHMMMmmmm

But he should have had a red last season for pushing Sterling...
Justified logic

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:38 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Without getting sent off

HHHMMMmmmm

He would if he pushed him now, even though they are both in the same team. In fact, both would be sent off.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Without getting sent off

HHHMMMmmmm

That is amazing.

It could be another huge coincidence mate. Another on the massively extensive list of coincidences that have gone before it.

Like the fact that we were bottom or close to bottom of the fair play league. The team with most possesion.

Bizarre coincidence. Or bias.

Like I say to the rag I work with, it's a remarkable coincidence, just like our draws in domestic cups is a remarkable coincidence.

Also, the fact that we play in Ukraine on the Wednesday before the derby, whilst the rags play at home to Moscow on the Tuesday is just the luck of the draw, nothing to do with the rags having influence within UEFA. We're just remarkably unlucky.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Without getting sent off

HHHMMMmmmm

You're only making it worse!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 pm

No, surely not again?

These coincidences. Soooo unlucky.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum