Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Justified logic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:35 am

PeterParker wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:And VAR won’t solve the problem, we’ve already seen it’s fallable and is too reliant on the ref to decide whether to use it or not. I hold out no hope of things improving in the future. The ref last night has obviously got a real issue with Pep and glad to see he called him out over it

It's not necessarily perfect but you would imagine a big improvement on the current system in terms of fairness. Assuming VAR was used in a similar way to that used in the recent England international, our penalties should have been given. The official notifies the referee he may have missed an obvious error like Young's handball or studs up follow through on Sergio or Robertson's foul on Sterling at Anfield, it's harder to ignore when reviews are possible.

You would assume most of the offside incorrect calls for goals would be sorted also?

I would go with the rugby method. When VAR is involved, we, the audience, hear what the officials and the bent, sorry, the ref talk.
Everything on the view, no chance on hiding. Also, like in tennis, the teams will have a chance to use VAR at their demand.

This will fucking break their corrupt system.

...which is exactly why it won't be implemented in a way that allows fair play.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 am

From Ali and Kane not getting straight reds to Youngs leg breaker, topped off last night with we don;t know the rules, How can anyone say the refs are in control. Martin Atkinson acted like a rag in his officiating v us, we may as well have had Anthony Taylor, who lies every time he blows the whistle, he is a died in the wool Wythenshawe red, Who lived in Sharston and now moved 15 miles away and pretends he is an Alty fan, What fucking chance do you have when refs are liars to start with.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 am

Something that dawned on me yesterday. The fact that Sky Sports/BT Sports etc and even several Newspapers now get their own referees to give verdicts on games shows how ridiculous this has become.

Think about this for a second. Sky or whoever are paying a referee or ex referee to come into the studio, before the game has even been shown to give their 'analysis' knowing full well there's going to be dubious decisions. If there was no controversial decisions you've effectively paid that referee's analysis for nothing as you wouldn't need him but the fact these bogus decisions happen every week shows how truly outrageous it's become.

In all of Football's history I don't ever recall referee's (who aren't even involved in the current match) being brought in to give analysis. It's only a recent thing.

I'm sick of debating the officials every week rather than the football. It's really putting me off watching it anymore to be honest.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 am

edge275 wrote:Something that dawned on me yesterday. The fact that Sky Sports/BT Sports etc and even several Newspapers now get their own referees to give verdicts on games shows how ridiculous this has become.

Think about this for a second. Sky or whoever are paying a referee or ex referee to come into the studio, before the game has even been shown to give their 'analysis' knowing full well there's going to be dubious decisions. If there was no controversial decisions you've effectively paid that referee's analysis for nothing as you wouldn't need him but the fact these bogus decisions happen every week shows how truly outrageous it's become.

In all of Football's history I don't ever recall referee's (who aren't even involved in the current match) being brought in to give analysis. It's only a recent thing.

I'm sick of debating the officials every week rather than the football. It's really putting me off watching it anymore to be honest.

It's a very good point Edge and something that needs to sink in. What has to be noted is that they also don't deviate from the party line, set by the likes of Sky etc.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am

I think the most blatent thing lately is that questionable decisions aren't replayed or mentioned and just brushed under the carpet. The stonewall penalty Sterling should have had in the first leg is one example – they didn't show one single replay – another example is that the producer chose not to show any replay to most of the offside calls against Sané last night, unless he was clearly off.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:07 am

mr_nool wrote:I think the most blatent thing lately is that questionable decisions aren't replayed or mentioned and just brushed under the carpet. The stonewall penalty Sterling should have had in the first leg is one example – they didn't show one single replay – another example is that the producer chose not to show any replay to most of the offside calls against Sané last night, unless he was clearly off.

I mentioned this early last season when what looked like a wring call wasn't shown. It continued throughout the game and seemed to be a conscious decision.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I think the most blatent thing lately is that questionable decisions aren't replayed or mentioned and just brushed under the carpet. The stonewall penalty Sterling should have had in the first leg is one example – they didn't show one single replay – another example is that the producer chose not to show any replay to most of the offside calls against Sané last night, unless he was clearly off.

I mentioned this early last season when what looked like a wring call wasn't shown. It continued throughout the game and seemed to be a conscious decision.

Yes, it definitely seems to be by design.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 am

Saturday and last night it was refs with an issue with us, He did us v Monaco season had a mare. Atkinson must have over ruled the liner and ignored his ear piece, the liner and the 4th official must have dropped in his ear that's a pen Martin. Why is the Q.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john68 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

Once you understand that there are three realities within football it is easy to understand what is truly going on and why.

Reality 1; is the reality that we supporters experience...the theatre of football, watching our team play week after week with an innocence that what goes on on the field of play is within reason honest and a fair competition between two teams. Poor decisions by the officials are then excused by ineptitude and mistake. (the ref didn't see it, the ref was blinsided, the ref saw it but considered his decision to be the correct one under the circumstances).

Reality 2; is the realityof the football institutions, their partners and their combined greed in their attempts to maximise their profits of £trillions.

Reality 3; is the reality of the corrupt global agencies who use football as a means to generating their own profits. In this category we can include global betting groups and agents, plus those they control in order to change game results to maximise their profits. Also in this category can be included some club chairmen who are happy to sell games to other clubs in need of points in order to bring in much needed cash for themselves or their club. This category works by controlling managers, players and officials at the sharp end.

Football is a giant pot of money, £trillions annually pass through the game, all with a willing hand trying to grab what they can, from top to bottom. It is that huge global pot, particularly in the richest competitions (Prem & CL) that has attracted global investors to buy English clubs and pushed the cost of broadcasting rights through the roof.
Nobody but nobody is going to burst that bubble and spill the beans publicly and kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Unfortunately, what are defined as the 'nation clubs' City & PSG have the resources to bust some aspects of that corruption and threaten the profits of the FA, UeFA, those old G14 clubs that remain in control of UeFA and the broadcasters like Sky and BT. Powerful enemies that we have seen working against us year on year since the ADUG takeover.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:58 am

From twitter account of FOOTBALL is FIXED
@footballisfixed

" From next season, only two major competitions in Europe won't be using #VAR - #ChampionsLeague and #PremierLeague.

Given the mugging of #ManCity by Brych, Lahoz and Atkinson in their last three games, it is evident that these are the leagues that are most in need of technology."

Apparently the guy who wrote this is a rag.

We have the best coach in the world but we are being cheated out of winning games by blatant bias and corruption!
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 pm

john68 wrote:Once you understand that there are three realities within football it is easy to understand what is truly going on and why.

Reality 1; is the reality that we supporters experience...the theatre of football, watching our team play week after week with an innocence that what goes on on the field of play is within reason honest and a fair competition between two teams. Poor decisions by the officials are then excused by ineptitude and mistake. (the ref didn't see it, the ref was blinsided, the ref saw it but considered his decision to be the correct one under the circumstances).

Reality 2; is the realityof the football institutions, their partners and their combined greed in their attempts to maximise their profits of £trillions.

Reality 3; is the reality of the corrupt global agencies who use football as a means to generating their own profits. In this category we can include global betting groups and agents, plus those they control in order to change game results to maximise their profits. Also in this category can be included some club chairmen who are happy to sell games to other clubs in need of points in order to bring in much needed cash for themselves or their club. This category works by controlling managers, players and officials at the sharp end.

Football is a giant pot of money, £trillions annually pass through the game, all with a willing hand trying to grab what they can, from top to bottom. It is that huge global pot, particularly in the richest competitions (Prem & CL) that has attracted global investors to buy English clubs and pushed the cost of broadcasting rights through the roof.
Nobody but nobody is going to burst that bubble and spill the beans publicly and kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Unfortunately, what are defined as the 'nation clubs' City & PSG have the resources to bust some aspects of that corruption and threaten the profits of the FA, UeFA, those old G14 clubs that remain in control of UeFA and the broadcasters like Sky and BT. Powerful enemies that we have seen working against us year on year since the ADUG takeover.

I'm not a betting man anymore but always thought it was wierd that Sky could have their own betting business.

I'd put a bet on that this as an influence as well.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:From twitter account of FOOTBALL is FIXED
@footballisfixed

" From next season, only two major competitions in Europe won't be using #VAR - #ChampionsLeague and #PremierLeague.

Given the mugging of #ManCity by Brych, Lahoz and Atkinson in their last three games, it is evident that these are the leagues that are most in need of technology."

Apparently the guy who wrote this is a rag.

We have the best coach in the world but we are being cheated out of winning games by blatant bias and corruption!

I think the word 'Blatant' should be highlighted mate, because it is just that and the powers that be don't give a fuck who sees it.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Saturday and last night it was refs with an issue with us, He did us v Monaco season had a mare. Atkinson must have over ruled the liner and ignored his ear piece, the liner and the 4th official must have dropped in his ear that's a pen Martin. Why is the Q.

I thought Pep alluded to the fact that he has history with this ref from back in Spain.
It's not just against City that he's done him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Saturday and last night it was refs with an issue with us, He did us v Monaco season had a mare. Atkinson must have over ruled the liner and ignored his ear piece, the liner and the 4th official must have dropped in his ear that's a pen Martin. Why is the Q.

I thought Pep alluded to the fact that he has history with this ref from back in Spain.
It's not just against City that he's done him.

Aguero should have a broken leg, how it's not is pure luck, For the ref to miss such a dangerous tackle from his great position defies logic. He saw it he thought fcuk em. Last night was again I have worked it out and no.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dimples » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 pm

IMO It defies logic that video technology is not being used in the two competitions that are rolling in cash, the PL and CL.
That is exactly why video technology is not being used - cash.

The game is controlled by the people who fork out the cash - TV, sponsors, etc...
They dictate who they want to win (teams with large fan bases), the PL/CL execs comply, Refs implement policy.

Video would have ruled Sane's goal onside.
Video would have shown Young's attemped leg breaker....and on....and on.....

Video replays work and does not ruin a game - actually it enhances it - Rugby for example.

Depressing.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john68 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Blatant doesn't even come into their vocabulary Beefers....It is beyond blatant.
These people are so secure in their control of the game that they have no regard for the public whatsoever.

I forgot to mention sponsors. Major multiglobal companies piling money into English football and demanding their pound of flesh. These guys are not benefactors or charity workers, they are hard nosed businessmen who invest and demand a return....he Emirates FA Cup...Played at the Emirates Wembley Stadium and won by the Emirates Arsenal...any wonder we were kicked to fuck out of it.

You want to control football, you have to control the games played. You need someone on the pitch to do it for you.
You daren't be involved and to create a distance from your on pitch control agaent...the referee....you set up a separate private company...POGMOL...Nowt to do with you, you can't be blamed..."Who me officer?...nah!!!!...nowt to do with me!!!"....job sorted.

All you now have to do is ensure yopur agency is untouchable....victims are prohibited from questioning the ref. prohibited from criticising the ref, the refs are prohibited from making public statements and are prohibited from discussing their decisions with the media.....Peeeerrrfeeect.

And finally, full circle, they can be as blatant as they like with no sanction.....because they are all secured from the outside criticism and they don't give a flying fuck.......cos, for all our discussing and debating....."What the fuck are we able to do about it?
Not you, not me, not City, not our owners, not Pep.......not anyone.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Justified logic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:53 pm

john68 wrote:Blatant doesn't even come into their vocabulary Beefers....It is beyond blatant.
These people are so secure in their control of the game that they have no regard for the public whatsoever.

I forgot to mention sponsors. Major multiglobal companies piling money into English football and demanding their pound of flesh. These guys are not benefactors or charity workers, they are hard nosed businessmen who invest and demand a return....he Emirates FA Cup...Played at the Emirates Wembley Stadium and won by the Emirates Arsenal...any wonder we were kicked to fuck out of it.

You want to control football, you have to control the games played. You need someone on the pitch to do it for you.
You daren't be involved and to create a distance from your on pitch control agaent...the referee....you set up a separate private company...POGMOL...Nowt to do with you, you can't be blamed..."Who me officer?...nah!!!!...nowt to do with me!!!"....job sorted.

All you now have to do is ensure yopur agency is untouchable....victims are prohibited from questioning the ref. prohibited from criticising the ref, the refs are prohibited from making public statements and are prohibited from discussing their decisions with the media.....Peeeerrrfeeect.

And finally, full circle, they can be as blatant as they like with no sanction.....because they are all secured from the outside criticism and they don't give a flying fuck.......cos, for all our discussing and debating....."What the fuck are we able to do about it?
Not you, not me, not City, not our owners, not Pep.......not anyone.

Wasn't there a NW MP who raised the issue of the fitness for purpose of the FA? What happened to that?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:57 pm

I still haven’t seen a replay of Firminho taking Kev down for what even my Liverpool mate said he was sure was a second yellow.
Haven’t heard it mentioned in any match analysis either.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:00 pm

If last night had happened in the Barca game, or tonight with either Bayern or Madrid e players would that much pressure on the officials it would be given. The ref is not the star of the show. We are not the first team to have a ref like last night. Chelsea were abused by a ref V Barca at the Bridge, A ref who decided no matter what Barca will scrape through. Liverpool had a hand over the past week. Fans, pundits watched a ref ignore the obvious and still play no added time despite 5 bookings and the goal that never was. Sending off Pep whi had been charged with 2 things. Yet the Scousers wreck our bus use flares and we await the slap n the wrist.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:08 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I still haven’t seen a replay of Firminho taking Kev down for what even my Liverpool mate said he was sure was a second yellow.
Haven’t heard it mentioned in any match analysis either.

I knew I forgot a good example. I was screaming at the telly when that happened. And about a minute or two later they scored the 1-1.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum