Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Another stone wall penalty on sterling AND a red card not given to milner.

As well as aguero being held back in the same move.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Oliver on course to out do mason and even taylor.

Impressive
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:40 pm

If I was playing against City and especially if I was manager of one of the Sky 4 I'd tell my players if anyone shoots in the box just rugby tackle him. Kick him whilst he's down as well for good measure.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm

edge275 wrote:If I was playing against City and especially if I was manager of one of the Sky 4 I'd tell my players if anyone shoots in the box just rugby tackle him. Kick him whilst he's down as well for good measure.

i would take a different approach.

When i have the ball , i would make sure that i kicked it with maximum power in his gonads so that the twat had to be carried off and we get a referee . This guy is not a referee. I don't know what he thinks he is but he knows nothing about football.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:09 pm

zuricity wrote:
edge275 wrote:If I was playing against City and especially if I was manager of one of the Sky 4 I'd tell my players if anyone shoots in the box just rugby tackle him. Kick him whilst he's down as well for good measure.

When i have the ball , i would make sure that i kicked it with maximum power in his gonads so that the twat had to be carried off and we get a referee . This guy is not a referee. I don't know what he thinks he is but he knows nothing about football.

I'd boot Sterling up and down the field all game long.

Probably get a medal for doing it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I'd boot Sterling up and down the field all game long.

Probably get a medal for doing it.

Well Mase, Sterling is not the problem .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Oliver shocking today.

Inexplicably gave nothing, during the blatant foul on Sterling causing him to miss an open net.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:25 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:Oliver shocking today.

Inexplicably gave nothing, during the blatant foul on Sterling causing him to miss an open net.

I would have to say that he was not shocking at all mate as I think the majority of us know by now we are going to get done by dubious refereeing and this clown is near the top of the tree for such misdemeanours.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm confused. Everytime we see a challenge by the Sky 4 and they get the slightest touch on the ball prior to taking the player out in the box, we're told that the ref got it right as the player got to the ball first. CamelGob argued the point only last week when the Rags did the same. So, why today was it the opposite? Firstly the ref gave the pen, which doesn't happen when the likes of the Rags do it, then secondly the pundits don't stick to their previous statements and now say it's a cert' penalty.

Although a well fought game today there were too many instances of the ref favouring one team and let them get a breather when we were putting them under more and more pressure, breaking the game up to slow our play down.

I don't know what could have happened but our games are not played according to the rules of the game, they are played by the PLs thoughts on what suits their bank account.

Still stinks and this season has been the most blatant to get the Rags back into the top 4.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:11 pm

I don't think Oliver is bent, I think he's just incompetent, if he is bent his paymasters won't be best pleased that he passed up the opportunity to send Yaya off and that he didn't give Mane a penalty, which btw was the best decision he made all game, I can only assume he guessed.

I do think he suffers from the subconscious bias driven by the media that is ingrained in ref's psyche whereby the benefit of the doubt is never given to City, the British football media's pantomime villain.

how else do you explain that we out fouled them 14-7 with 60% possession on our own patch? It's ridiculous.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Blatant today.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby lovecity8utd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 pm

It was shocking. Oliver and his lineos might as well have had a scouse shirt on. It wasn't even numbers at all today.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:30 pm

What a fun game. There were times in this game where I was getting ridiculously frustrated and annoyed at the standard of the referee and his assistant. You really do get to the point there is something going on and I have never believed there is a conspiracy. That's how I think Silva and his players viewed it when Clichy was penalised for his foul even though he clearly (to us) got the ball. Yes it was clumsy and he knocked the guy over but was it really a penalty? I was worried Silva just w asn't going to let it go and get a red card.

50/50 I think even Gary Neville said so that means it probably wasn't a penalty.It's a shame actually that Clichy's flick of the ball hit Firminho's arm as otherwise it would have gone out for a corner and the ref might have seen it differently. The 2 fouls in one move should both have warranted penalties, the ref seemed to be looking straight at it but nothing. The lino who was sticking his flag up all the time saw nothing.

But is it anything but incompetence. Liverpool thought they were hard done to! Most teams think they are being hard done to.

I can't recall a game at the Etihad where I thought the ref had a good game. But I wear blue glasses.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 am

prob. no one on here agrees with me but i thought Oliver had a fine match. he wasn't great but i think he was closer to great than he was to terrible. yes, he obviously missed the pen on Aguero/Sterling (pick one) but he also missed one on Wijnaldum...so, for as as much as you can even say this, it evened itself out. he didnt make the error that he could've and give a penalty on Mane when Otamendi got tight (i know it wasnt a pen but it looked like it could've been one of those where you could see how a ref would give it).
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:36 am

phips wrote:prob. no one on here agrees with me but i thought Oliver had a fine match. he wasn't great but i think he was closer to great than he was to terrible. yes, he obviously missed the pen on Aguero/Sterling (pick one) but he also missed one on Wijnaldum...so, for as as much as you can even say this, it evened itself out. he didnt make the error that he could've and give a penalty on Mane when Otamendi got tight (i know it wasnt a pen but it looked like it could've been one of those where you could see how a ref would give it).

And he isn't banned for this shit?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:35 am

phips wrote:i thought Oliver had a fine match. he wasn't great

And that was when the violence started, your Honour.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby phips » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
phips wrote:prob. no one on here agrees with me but i thought Oliver had a fine match. he wasn't great but i think he was closer to great than he was to terrible. yes, he obviously missed the pen on Aguero/Sterling (pick one) but he also missed one on Wijnaldum...so, for as as much as you can even say this, it evened itself out. he didnt make the error that he could've and give a penalty on Mane when Otamendi got tight (i know it wasnt a pen but it looked like it could've been one of those where you could see how a ref would give it).

And he isn't banned for this shit?

banned for having a different opinion? k. just accept that i see things differently.
and why are you getting so bent out of shape about it anyways?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:48 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:What a fun game. There were times in this game where I was getting ridiculously frustrated and annoyed at the standard of the referee and his assistant. You really do get to the point there is something going on and I have never believed there is a conspiracy. That's how I think Silva and his players viewed it when Clichy was penalised for his foul even though he clearly (to us) got the ball. Yes it was clumsy and he knocked the guy over but was it really a penalty? I was worried Silva just w asn't going to let it go and get a red card.

50/50 I think even Gary Neville said so that means it probably wasn't a penalty.It's a shame actually that Clichy's flick of the ball hit Firminho's arm as otherwise it would have gone out for a corner and the ref might have seen it differently. The 2 fouls in one move should both have warranted penalties, the ref seemed to be looking straight at it but nothing. The lino who was sticking his flag up all the time saw nothing.

But is it anything but incompetence. Liverpool thought they were hard done to! Most teams think they are being hard done to.

I can't recall a game at the Etihad where I thought the ref had a good game. But I wear blue glasses.

MOTD seemed to suggest our pen shout was far more valid than theirs, out of Murphy and Shearer's mouths.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 am

You really want to wind folks up, huh? lol

Had a fine match? You must be kidding.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 am

PrezIke wrote:

You really want to wind folks up, huh? lol

Had a fine match? You must be kidding.

I suppose it depends on your point of view really. If you are, say for argument's sake, a dortmund fan who loves the current liverpool manager and has very little affection for Manchester City, mister oliver must have been absolutely out of this world.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum